Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120242 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #360 on: January 24, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »

lol thanx Mikey and Jacques !

I stumbled across this site on the 4th or 5th page of a google "blogs" search.

That's interesting. ....  what, might I asked, did you google when you found this place ?

Of course you don't HAVE to tell us     :nervous:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

elvislee

« Reply #361 on: January 24, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

revinkevin...WELCOME ABOARD MAN!!...A great intro of yourself and your fine looking FXRD. That is a great looking machine; the more I see those old touring model FXR's, the more I want one...Enjoy your stay here man; there's a bunch of folks here you can receive from and contribute too.  :2vrolijk_21: It all works out in the was and everybody is happy  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

revinkevin...WELCOME ABOARD MAN!!...A great intro of yourself and your fine looking FXRD. That is a great looking machine; the more I see those old touring model FXR's, the more I want one...Enjoy your stay here man; there's a bunch of folks here you can receive from and contribute too.  :2vrolijk_21: It all works out in the was and everybody is happy  ;D

Eggzactly whut I've been thinking lately Blaine !

I like those FXRD's and 'T's

I like them so much, that I've been searching on the net for a FXRT

Anybody comes across one for sale, about 1987 (I don't want the enclosed chain) let me know

NO, DON't BE SILLY, I AM NOT selling the Candy Tangerine Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!  she stays with me til I die, even when I get so old that I can't ride any longer, I'll still have her.
I've already told Jan, it's gonna be hers to do whut every with after I die .........
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »

Eggzactly whut I've been thinking lately Blaine !

I like those FXRD's and 'T's

I like them so much, that I've been searching on the net for a FXRT

Anybody comes across one for sale, about 1987 (I don't want the enclosed chain) let me know

NO, DON't BE SILLY, I AM NOT selling the Candy Tangerine Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!  she stays with me til I die, even when I get so old that I can't ride any longer, I'll still have her.
I've already told Jan, it's gonna be hers to do whut every with after I die .........

Ya know Mikey; I was just telling my oldest grandson today that I would love to get another Fxr (Preferably an older touring model) with fairing, hard bags, etc. The oldest GS will be 16 in 4 years and I already told him he could have the Fxr4 as long as it stayed in the family. I told him if he wanted me to impress him; after I die if he sells my bike, I'll come back to life and kick his a$$. So it looks like in a couple years I'll be lookin hard for one also and then I can leave that one to my littlest one.

You know the great thing about owning one of these Fxr's? Telling your young un's the history of them and taking them out to the garage and letting them help and learn with ya as you work to get her on the up and up when she's down. Like my gas tank ordeal and now getting ready to rejet the carb; I try to keep them as involved and hands on as possible so they can learn as I do...Man...I love this stuff; ya get to ride the finest machine Harley ever produced and get to share it with the ones you love the most and most importantly the one's who appreciate it the most. OK...Maybe a tad bit bit cheesy to some; but I felt like sayin it  :2vrolijk_21:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #364 on: January 24, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »

It has been my experience that most of the best things in life are "cheesy"!

JW

elvislee

« Reply #365 on: January 24, 2009, 09:13:55 PM »

It has been my experience that most of the best things in life are "cheesy"!

JW

That little girl is a sweetheart; bet she rules the roost too  ;D

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #366 on: January 24, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »

That little girl is a sweetheart; bet she rules the roost too  ;D

Not only can she rule, she's all grown up and took my Fat Boy! :o  :o  :o  ;D

The earlier picture was of my daughter in 1984 trying to figure out how she was going to get the FXRS!

JW

elvislee

« Reply #367 on: January 24, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »

Not only can she rule, she's all grown up and took my Fat Boy! :o  :o  :o  ;D

The earlier picture was of my daughter in 1984 trying to figure out how she was going to get the FXRS!

JW

Yea...Now I remember that pic...Man I didn't even know that was her. Wow; she did grow up and riding hard I see. How is she doing now? All is well I hope...I remember her story now...ONE of America's finest HERO's...A big SALUTE to your baby girl  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »

I started the tear down for my build

after I got the exhaust off I was looking at the cam chest, and I noticed where the brake pedal was sitting

on the FXR4, do you have to remove the brake pedal in order to

1) remove the cam cover

2) get the cam out

If so .......  let me share with you what I've found so far while looking this over

1) the SM is for the 2&3 ... and describes how to remove the rear master cylinder, it even has pictures

2) the '4' is not like the pictures in the SM for the 2&3

3) I know they published a 'SM Supplement' for the '4'

4) I never bought it because I was told that it's not worth the money

5) I've been told that the supplement only covers the changes from the 2&3 to the 4

6) I know the brakes are different, so would this be in the supplement ?

Thanks,
Mikey
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »

I started the tear down for my build

after I got the exhaust off I was looking at the cam chest, and I noticed where the brake pedal was sitting

on the FXR4, do you have to remove the brake pedal in order to

1) remove the cam cover

2) get the cam out

If so .......  let me share with you what I've found so far while looking this over

1) the SM is for the 2&3 ... and describes how to remove the rear master cylinder, it even has pictures

2) the '4' is not like the pictures in the SM for the 2&3

3) I know they published a 'SM Supplement' for the '4'

4) I never bought it because I was told that it's not worth the money

5) I've been told that the supplement only covers the changes from the 2&3 to the 4

6) I know the brakes are different, so would this be in the supplement ?

Thanks,
Mikey

Mikey...Just checked the 4 Service Supplement and didn't see anything covering any of the stuff your looking for. I looked through every single page and saw nothing. I will go through again tomorrow and double check one more time.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »

Yea...Now I remember that pic...Man I didn't even know that was her. Wow; she did grow up and riding hard I see. How is she doing now? All is well I hope...I remember her story now...ONE of America's finest HERO's...A big SALUTE to your baby girl  :2vrolijk_21:

She's still struggling but she's going to get it done. She's at the point where she's believing she's going to be OK! That half the battle!

JW

elvislee

« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2009, 06:48:05 AM »

She's still struggling but she's going to get it done. She's at the point where she's believing she's going to be OK! That half the battle!

JW

There is no doubt your little girl has grown up into a strong women. For her to have gone through what she did would have made some grown men soil there skivvies; I know your very proud of her. I suspect she has strong support and most of all the love of your family; man, she's gonna be just fine as long as her family is around her.  :2vrolijk_21:...

Hey JW...I just had a thought... Maybe her riding the FXR instead of the Fatboy would be some much needed medicine :2vrolijk_21:  :)  ooops! I forgot that Jr. got the Fxr; now I bet that would be one hell of a battle  ;D ...but I KNOW they wouldn't fight about it would they  ;); not even when they was little huh?   ;);D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:10:40 AM by elvislee »

Maga

• CVO1: FLTHCUSE2
    • CVO2: FXR '93 (no CVO)
    • CVO3: Customized VRod bigger (no CVO)
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »

Hey Dieter...Welcome over here on the other side of the tracks  :2vrolijk_21: Glad you accepted my invite and don't be a stranger over here in the FXR section. These folks here are very knowledgeable about FXR's and more so they will help you any way they can...A great bunch of FXR people here.

That's a beauty of a custom FXR there man; you did all the work yourself? I ask cause you said you did the rear fender and wondering how much more talented you are in the other area's of the bike? The rear fender looks great...Hell...The entire bike looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  :2vrolijk_21:

Hi elvislee, yes I  did the mods by myself. I used a universal fibreglass fender and cut it to the shape I wanted. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You always have a choice, even if it is only a choice of your attitude

Maga

« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

Welcome aboard Maga!!! Always great having another fellow FXR afficionado with us! Interesting mods! What rear end conversion did you do for the 190? I see you're still running a belt too. Any engine/trans offset required? Special belt/pulley? Is that a steering damper behind the headlight? Are those shocks Fournales? I like the dual PM's up front too! Nice job man! Enjoy this great site!

And Mike, Mickey's not only ugly, he's using solid struts on it so it acts as a rigid! Who'd wanna take such a good handling rubber mount FXR and ruin it with solid struts? (besides for drag racing!) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Hi Hoist,

I used a wide swing arm in connection with a 3/8" motor mount offset, 3/8" transmission case spacer and a 1 1/8" belt. I also had to 'open' the rear frame struts.

Yes it is a steering damper at the headlight. I had tremendous problems at speed >120 km/h before installing it (due to rake and longer fork). Now I can go easily 150+ without problems.
Schocks are Furnales (thanks for helping my memory   :))

Maga

« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »

sorry for the double post but I meant to add this too.

maga should like it for sure and I suspect a few more of you will too

FXR'S FOREVER !

http://ca.

I fully agree with you! It is always nice to see the movie (or parts of it) again  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.