Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120236 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #390 on: January 28, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »

~

~~

OK!...So Mikey...Does this mean you'll be done by tomorrow  ???   ::)   ;D

AAHHHHH,,  No, Saturday   NOT    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Ga_Puddles

• 1999 Blue FXR3 Owner

• CVO1: 1999 HD FXR3
    • BikerorNot.com
« Reply #391 on: February 01, 2009, 02:16:35 AM »

1) Screen Name   Ga_Puddles
2) Given Name  ie: First Name    Teresa
3) Age ugh 48
4) Location in the world:  Northeast Ga
5) FXR Model Owned 99 FXR3 Blue
6) Ga_Pokey, my boyfriend owned this bike when we met.  I rode on the back for a few thousand miles and trust me guys that tiny back seat will numb anyones butt in 50 miles.  Anyway he bought his "dream bike" 02 FXRDWG3 "Switchblade" and I rode on the back of that bike over 10,000 miles.  I honestly got tired of my butt being on a tiny seat and wanted to ride up front so I took a huge step and decided I wanted to learn to ride myself.  I bought a little Honda Rebel  to learn on.  He told me when I got my MC license he would give me the FXR3.  I got my license in 2007 and have been the owner of my Blue 3 ever since.  We affectionately call it my chrome rock.
7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike. Prior to either of us owning the bike the only modifications was the Vance and Hines pipes.  I have the original pipes in the attic.  The only thing I've done is added a luggage rack with a mid back rest.....a girl has to have a place for her bag.  I did get a set of Metzler's that I love and that's it.  She's a little cold natured but other than that she's good to me.

Thanks to everyone for the guidance on this site and the knowledge you have passed along to me.  I knew I had a rare bike but just didn't know it was that rare.  It's special to me because Brent gave it to me and I will still ride it like any other bike but it's nice to know she's a jewel in more ways than one.
Teresa

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #392 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

Teresa I'm happy to be one of the first to WELCOME you to the FXR forum !!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME

We're glad that you found us, how ?

You have a fantastic ride, I have to admit though, I'm partial to the Candy Tangerine ...... but that doesn't mean that I don't have an appreciative eye for that Blue one !!

Hope you enjoy the site !!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #393 on: February 01, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »

Welcome to the site as well as FXR land. Great to have you with us.

JW

Ga_Puddles

• 1999 Blue FXR3 Owner

• BikerorNot.com
« Reply #394 on: February 01, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »

Teresa I'm happy to be one of the first to WELCOME you to the FXR forum !!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME

We're glad that you found us, how ?

You have a fantastic ride, I have to admit though, I'm partial to the Candy Tangerine ...... but that doesn't mean that I don't have an appreciative eye for that Blue one !!

Hope you enjoy the site !!!!

"FXR2evo99" aka Tim sent me a message asking me to give new member info on this thread.  As far as the CVO site my boyfriend found it awhile ago and then I stumbled across it when I was searching for how many Blue 3's were made.  I'm glad to be a member though.
Teresa

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #395 on: February 01, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »

Teresa....

Again....welcome to the site......and congratulations......of course in our opinions here you are on one of the best bikes HD has ever produced, for all that it is, a light touring bike......I hope your interest spreads to other ladies joining us over here as well.....

Lots of great information here at the site.....you might take a peek at the FXR HISTORY as well.....which might prove informative to you if so interested.....

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #396 on: February 01, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

"FXR2evo99" aka Tim sent me a message asking me to give new member info on this thread.  As far as the CVO site my boyfriend found it awhile ago and then I stumbled across it when I was searching for how many Blue 3's were made.  I'm glad to be a member though.
Teresa

I'm glad ya found us Teresa! But I have to correct 1 thing for ya! You mean Blue 3's!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #397 on: February 01, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

1) Screen Name   Ga_Puddles
2) Given Name  ie: First Name    Teresa
3) Age ugh 48
4) Location in the world:  Northeast Ga
5) FXR Model Owned 99 FXR3 Blue
6) Ga_Pokey, my boyfriend owned this bike when we met.  I rode on the back for a few thousand miles and trust me guys that tiny back seat will numb anyones butt in 50 miles.  Anyway he bought his "dream bike" 02 FXRDWG3 "Switchblade" and I rode on the back of that bike over 10,000 miles.  I honestly got tired of my butt being on a tiny seat and wanted to ride up front so I took a huge step and decided I wanted to learn to ride myself.  I bought a little Honda Rebel  to learn on.  He told me when I got my MC license he would give me the FXR3.  I got my license in 2007 and have been the owner of my Blue 3 ever since.  We affectionately call it my chrome rock.
7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike. Prior to either of us owning the bike the only modifications was the Vance and Hines pipes.  I have the original pipes in the attic.  The only thing I've done is added a luggage rack with a mid back rest.....a girl has to have a place for her bag.  I did get a set of Metzler's that I love and that's it.   She's a little cold natured but other than that she's good to me.

Thanks to everyone for the guidance on this site and the knowledge you have passed along to me.  I knew I had a rare bike but just didn't know it was that rare.  It's special to me because Brent gave it to me and I will still ride it like any other bike but it's nice to know she's a jewel in more ways than one.
Teresa

Teresa, are ya rideing on the Metz 880's or the Lasertechs? Howie swears by the Lasertechs and I'd like to hear your opinion if your rideing them also? I'm on ME 880's and love em; they ain't near ready to be replaced yet; but am considering the Lasertechs when the time comes...Blaine

Ga_Puddles

• 1999 Blue FXR3 Owner

• BikerorNot.com
« Reply #398 on: February 01, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »

Teresa, are ya rideing on the Metz 880's or the Lasertechs? Howie swears by the Lasertechs and I'd like to hear your opinion if your rideing them also? I'm on ME 880's and love em; they ain't near ready to be replaced yet; but am considering the Lasertechs when the time comes...Blaine

I have the ME880's and love them.  What a major difference when it comes to grip on the rode.  I can really get into the twisties with the Met's.  And tar snakes are not a problem in the summer anymore.  The dunlops I had would slip on those darn snakes.  I'll have to look into the Lasertech's out of curiosity but I'm pleased with the Met's

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #399 on: February 01, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

Blaine, most people never even heard of em! Best kept performance tire secret out there for our street bikes! And if you're looking for great mileage out of em though, don't bother! Nuthin for nuthin! Decide what you want! A touring tire, or a performance tire. Then you'll know which ones to go with! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

Blaine, most people never even heard of em! Best kept performance tire secret out there for our street bikes! And if you're looking for great mileage out of em though, don't bother! Nuthin for nuthin! Decide what you want! A touring tire, or a performance tire. Then you'll know which ones to go with! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Want all the miles I can get safely out of mine; I ain't balls to the wall everytime I get on mine like someone I know (Ain't metioning no names Howie..Cough...Cough) ;D I'm more of a crusier on mine so I guess the ME 880's will do just fine for me :2vrolijk_21: If I get to going to fast I might lose my primary drain plug :zroflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:26:44 AM by elvislee »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #401 on: February 02, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »

Teresa

Well that's Kewl, and we are VERY HAPPY to have you as a member here too Teresa !!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »

Want all the miles I can get safely out of mine; I ain't balls to the wall everytime I get on mine like someone I know (Ain't metioning no names Howie..Cough...Cough) ;D I'm more of a crusier on mine so I guess the ME 880's will do just fine for me :2vrolijk_21: If I get to going to fast I might lose my primary drain plug :zroflmao:

Blaine, I ride the 880's ..... trust me on this, they have all the perfomrace that you have balls for riding.........  I've had my bike is places and curves that pushed MY LIMIT, and my tires never, ever, were a concern .... once I got off the Dunlops that is...... the Met's 880's can handle anything that I can put to them.  I do a lot of HAULING, and as much twistiy stuff that I can find.  I like to ride hard in the curves, I have total trust in my Met's 880 ability to hold the line !!

Now I'm not saying that the Laser Techs aren't better, I've never ridden them, I'm just saying that the 880's can handle all I got.
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »

now that my bike is 'OPEN' ........ it would be a PERFECT time to install some chrome braided oil lines .......

anybody got a lead on a source for those for the FXR4  ??????????

Thanks,
Mikey
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »

now that my bike is 'OPEN' ........ it would be a PERFECT time to install some chrome braided oil lines .......

anybody got a lead on a source for those for the FXR4  ??????????

Thanks,
Mikey

OK, I went and found this site .... look in the lower left corner .... see the stuff for the 1994 FXR  ?
http://www.newdawninc.com/Midwest_CD/08-068.pdf

so then I went and re-read the FXR history .....

I don't see any changes between 1994 and 2000 FXR why these oil lines won't work  .......

Anyone see anything that I'm missing ?

Thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!!

Mikey
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.