Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: H-D CVO History page?  (Read 2194 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
H-D CVO History page?
« on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »

Does anyone know where the CVO History page is on H-D's website now?  The page where you could scroll through the various years of the different models since 1999.

It used to be a link at the bottom of the page once you on the CVO section, but it's not there as far as I can see.   :nixweiss:

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ultrarider123

Re: H-D CVO History page?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »

Grizz, taint dare no more.  Actually, there wasn't a link to the old CVO's on the 2017 model year website either.  I used a link for a few years from the MoCo but it only goes to 2015 model year.  Here it is:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/motorcycles/2016-motorcycles/cvo/cvo-history-overview.html

Interesting that now it shows the information below.  Also, I noted that there is no link to the previous years models anymore as there was a choice to look at 2017 or 2018 model years (or 2017 and 2016; 2016 and 2015, etc.).  The 2017 link has recently disappeared as a choice.

Funny, ain't it?  A motorcycle manufacture heavy on linking everything they make to the past doesn't want you to explore the history of their bikes (i.e CVO's) anymore.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:25:56 PM by Haird »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »

CVO's are no longer considered special, since they are nothing more than a high end option package installed on the regular assembly lines and cranked out in high volumes.  Do the automakers have special websites or pages for their King Ranch or other high content models?  Nope. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »

not so we love to pay more each and every year for a new one and get less for or money lol

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »

CVO's are no longer considered special, since they are nothing more than a high end option package installed on the regular assembly lines and cranked out in high volumes.  Do the automakers have special websites or pages for their King Ranch or other high content models?  Nope. 

Jerry

BINGO!

The days of being assembled by hand picked teams on a separate line died in 2009. It used to be the team members hand signed parts of the bike to show their pride. Now days if you want a CVO, they just work it into the standard production line like they do with the Fire Fighter, Peace Officer, and Shriner bikes.

If Harley was Ford, then think of the CVO as the XLT in the line up and the rest of the bikes as XLS and XL series. By now HD knows there are folks who will pay that amount of money for a CVO, so they scrapped the separate line and assemble it with the rest. It's a money saver for them.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

I got the same page when attempting.  Thanks for the info Haird and others.

I guess it is like the old saying... "Things just aren't (or built) like they used to be".

For an organization that likes to celebrate anniversaries EVERY 5 YEARS, you have to wonder why they wouldn't continue to allow us to look back at the CVO history.  :nixweiss:
No doubt with all the reduction in goodies over the past few years (combined with escalating prices) they don't want everyone to see how lucky the purchasers of yesteryear were and are to still enjoy their oldie but goodie rides.  ;D

I do love my "custom" hand built Duracell.  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks again!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »

I sent an email to HD to ask about the disappearance.  We'll see...
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »

I sent an email to HD to ask about the disappearance.  We'll see...

Looking forward to the answer you receive.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.