Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.  (Read 12807 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: The field narrows, McCain, Hillary, Obama.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »

How bout we write in Twolane ?

He looks like the President in Escape from New York

or was Escape from LA ?  Well one of em for sure and I mean he looks Presidential and all and that's why people elected Dubya and why 28% of the American public still hasn't figured out they got snookered. We could all be Don's men - - - you know, All the President's Men - - ok, well we'd have to have a few of the President's Women to for Candy and Diva and Binx and some of the other FSR's and BSR's. Hey, I just thought of something most likely beyond the pale, but hey since when do I give a chit. Do we have any Male BSR's ????? If not, doesn't that make us kinda sexist or something ?

B B

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 07:06:06 PM »

Bring back Gary C. !!! :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :orange: :bananarock: :apple:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

1. Hillary wins the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States

2. Naturally, she wants to choose as her running mate someone with a lot of knowledge and experience in government and foreign affairs, someone who is a seasoned campaigner who could bring a lot of strength to the ticket. Who better than Bill, her husband?!!!

3. Hill and Bill go on to win the election in November and the Democrats maintain control of the House and the Senate.

4. Hillary is sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. The next day, after all the inauguration parties are over, she calls a press conference to make an announcement: she is resigning as President!!!  Bill, as the Vice President, immediately becomes President!!! This is all perfectly legal under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, for it states that "no person may be elected as President more than twice".  Bill is not being elected for
a third term but is merely serving out the remainder of Hillary's term---all 4 years of it.

5. But wait! There's more!  The following day Bill calls a press conference to make an announcement. He has chosen someone to fill the now-vacant office of Vice President. Guess who he picks? Why, Hillary, of course!!! And she would still be able to run for President again!!!

The ultimate nightmare...... :nixweiss:

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »

If nominated I would not run.  If elected I will not serve.  If requested I shall party.

But... then again.  Spend the first three weeks in office scaring the holy bejeesus out of the rest of the world.  Then spend repetitive cycles in two months (March and April) in DC dealing with a fixed legislative calendar followed by the next 10 months on Secret Service patrolled national two wheeled two laned Chautaqua.  Ride, meet, talk, learn, enjoy, rinse and repeat.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

1. Hillary wins the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States

2. Naturally, she wants to choose as her running mate someone with a lot of knowledge and experience in government and foreign affairs, someone who is a seasoned campaigner who could bring a lot of strength to the ticket. Who better than Bill, her husband?!!!

3. Hill and Bill go on to win the election in November and the Democrats maintain control of the House and the Senate.

4. Hillary is sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. The next day, after all the inauguration parties are over, she calls a press conference to make an announcement: she is resigning as President!!!  Bill, as the Vice President, immediately becomes President!!! This is all perfectly legal under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, for it states that "no person may be elected as President more than twice".  Bill is not being elected for
a third term but is merely serving out the remainder of Hillary's term---all 4 years of it.

5. But wait! There's more!  The following day Bill calls a press conference to make an announcement. He has chosen someone to fill the now-vacant office of Vice President. Guess who he picks? Why, Hillary, of course!!! And she would still be able to run for President again!!!

Not a concern Joe.  Constitutionally barred from being President again due to term limitations imposed by the 22nd amendment.  This bars from being VP due to the 12th amendment's exclusion of anyone to the VP's job who is otherwise excluded from the President's job.  There's been way too much idiot-beyond-the-right-of-Rush kind of press that has been trying to split hairs on this.  But if he can't be Prez again he also can't be VP.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »

Nooooooooooooooo!  Don't even think it!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »

B B

Hell with the write in!
I want to hear about the write up!
You know, the RED BIKE is running well again and Don is off on another road trip.
I think a shakedown run to North Carolina will prep the RED BIKE for Maggie Valley later this year.
Now that gets my vote!
Hell with those friggin hanging Chads?
Run RED BIKE run!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:19:36 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »

Hell with the write in!
I want to hear about the write up!
You know, the RED BIKE is running well again and Don is off on another road trip.
I think a shakedown run to North Carolina will prep the RED BIKE for Maggie Valley later this year.
Now that gets my vote!
Hell with those friggin hanging Chads?
Run RED BIKE run!

:2vrolijk_21:

No write up.  Top end came off two or three weeks or so ago.  Then got busy.  Then took a spill and popped my shoulder out.  In a sling most of the time for two or three days.  It's been functional again for a few days but just now getting some time again.  Might actually work on it again tomorrow.  At least it's something to look forward to.  The one real schedule factor to weigh in is having it ready for tuning before Golden leaves for Florida.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

No write up.  Top end came off two or three weeks or so ago.  Then got busy.  Then took a spill and popped my shoulder out.  In a sling most of the time for two or three days.  It's been functional again for a few days but just now getting some time again.  Might actually work on it again tomorrow.  At least it's something to look forward to.  The one real schedule factor to weigh in is having it ready for tuning before Golden leaves for Florida.

I'm patient.
I can wait.
AW chit, you know I'm not patient.
But I guess I will have to wait.

:nixweiss:        :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »

OK, what's your dog's name? Can we get a campaign poster/pic?   :nixweiss: har!   :huepfenlol2: :drink:spyder

The absolute worse President of Modern times is got a lock on it,and it is going to take someone really special to rip

that title from Jimmy Carter's Hands................

GW may end up with a better place in History, depending out how Iraq and other Middle east issues end up.

Economy has been good for 7 years and having to recover from 911. lowest interest rates in years. low unemployment and real growth from 2002 -2007

fiscally spends like a drunken sailor and that will haunt him, (spent more money on education than Clinton)
spent money like a liberal democrat......

Katrina will be at his doorstep even though there is enough blame to go around for the last 30 years on that one!

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

I'm patient.
I can wait.
AW chit, you know I'm not patient.
But I guess I will have to wait.

:nixweiss:        :nixweiss:

Truth is I'm getting impatient.  Got started one afternoon with the intention of another afternoon a couple days later getting it buttoned up.  The real life intruded.  Then I fell down and real life intruded some more.  All tolled it's starting to annoy me. 

Old parts are cleaned, wrapped and waiting for some current undecided future.  New parts are organized and prepared to find their home.  When I walk through the garage I can hear their haunting voice in constant refrain saying "Don, install us.  We need a home.  We're in pain.  Please put us on our new home."  Then in a round the red bike (it's bitchier) chimes in saying "hey, dumass, you ever going to put my motor back together?"

All in all I just stopped walking through the garage.  Not enough psychotropics to make it possible.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 12:42:34 AM »

Economy has been good for 7 years and having to recover from 911. lowest interest rates in years. low unemployment and real growth from 2002 -2007

The economy has been good for the Rich, so I suppose that may be true if you call transference of wealth to be a good thing, It is if it is transferred to you I suppose.

Debt is debt even at 0 percent and those who borrow what they don't have are a part of the problem.I have no mortgage or motorcycle or car payments.....I get to pretend I own them all until the tax bill comes. So NO I am not part of the problem, my daddy taught me something I guess. Work hard and save up for the things I buy. No man is my Master. 80 percent of Americans are 2 months away from being screwed without any income.

Unemployment statistical data only accounts for the amount of people that get unemployment checks. They call it job growth if less people are on unemployment. That is circular logic. Just because you don't collect a check does not mean you have a job, it means your benefits ran out.........so yes less people are qualified. Also there is a very LARGE percentage of people who at one time had 6 figure incomes working for 35 to 45 k as managers of Walmart.....Ask the guy who was in IT 8 years ago, lost his job and works out at walmart today, that is job growth.....too funny.

Media lies! I see all this talk about 4 Candidates and the field narrowed. Can anyone tell me how many Independants are running? Also last I checked RON PAUL is still running on the Republican side, of course Republicans don't want to look at him because he is actually speaking truth, God forbid the truth comes out. The only one even mentioning the Constitution is Ron Paul and people just act like he is not even there......unbelievable. They give people a chance to restore the Constitution and because the media makes decisions for them they throw up the finger at the Constitution.

Don't get me wrong RP is not my guy but it certainly illustrates the point of media control.

Fact of the matter is that Delegates are not awarded until the convention. I think alot of people are going to be shocked by the results.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 09:04:25 AM »

All in all I just stopped walking through the garage.  Not enough psychotropics to make it possible.
Hey 2Lane, I'm sorry to hear that you 'went down'......was it walking thru the garage or riding your niece's 4-wheeler?  There's no shortage of drugs.. :P..you know that.  har! :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »

They are dropping like flies!

McCain, Obama, Clinton is what's left!

Except for McCain there's not much left to vote for!

Guess it's time to buy more guns.

What are we going to do?

:nixweiss:       :nixweiss:

Whats next?
Only one CVO per household?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »

They are dropping like flies!

McCain, Obama, Clinton is what's left!

Except for McCain there's not much left to vote for!

Guess it's time to buy more guns.

What are we going to do?

:nixweiss:       :nixweiss:

Whats next?
Only one CVO per household?

Buy guns and vote for the OLD White Guy. :2vrolijk_21: Here in Ca yesterday the OWG said he would build the fence, deport all the illegals in jail immediately, and stop employers from hiring illegals. With all that you won't need amnesty. :thumbsup: Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.