Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield and handlebar questions for FXDSE  (Read 5303 times)

Smurfsdad

Windshield and handlebar questions for FXDSE
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:49:48 AM »

I was just curious as to whether any of you have added a windshield to your FXDSE other than the one quick disconnect compact offered by the motor company. How about the handlebars, anyone done anything different. The wide, forward type bars have me leaning forward and my arms straight out. I'd like to have more of a cruiser type setup.
           Smurfsdad
Smurfsdad

Andrea O

Re: Windshield and handlebar questions for FXDSE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »

I just purchased the HD windshield (the small one) for my fxdse.  It is really nice and does not take away from the look of the bike.  It also helped alot with the wind.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »

I just purchased the HD windshield (the small one) for my fxdse.  It is really nice and does not take away from the look of the bike.  It also helped alot with the wind.
:worthless:

Smurfsdad

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:59:19 AM »

Thanks Andrea
      Smurfsdad
Smurfsdad

Screaming Tuna

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Dyna FXDSE
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

I installed the HD Quick Release Detachable Super Sport Windshield (# 57331-07) on my 2007 FXDSE and it looks like it was custom made for this bike - best LOOKING windshield I've ever seen on a Harley. However, due to the short height and cuve of the windshield, it does little to stop the wind from hitting your forehead. I then sent it down to Clearview Windshields in Colorado and they made me a new custom designed winshield (light smoke tint) that fits the original HD clamp on brackets. It doesn't look as cool as the HD shield but it keeps the wind off my face very well (it is also very well made using thick plexiglass that doesn't shake in the wind. Now I have one set of brackets and two shields - one for riding and one for show!

Smurfsdad

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:09:39 PM »

Tuna,
   Wish I'd have thought of that. I had the compact windshield also, but it wasn't big enough to do what I wanted. I have one on order from "Rifle" and is due in any day now.

Smurfsdad
Smurfsdad

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »

Here is a couple of pictures of the windshield on my bike.  It really is a good looking windshield for this bike!

fxdsegrl

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE - Sold :(
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »

This windshield is super easy to take on/off too and it great because all of the hardware comes off with the windshield so it doesn't leave any of the ugly stuff on the bike :orange:

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.