Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Think S&S will be my first mod  (Read 4601 times)

Bumpandrun

Think S&S will be my first mod
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »

My first mod....pretty sure S&S gets it rite...always have on all the others

Bumpandrun

Re: Think S&S will be my first mod
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »

My first mod....pretty sure S&S gets it rite...always have on all the others
I have always used both so the same here.....priced a bit more than dealer 1000 mile service it's a no brainer.  They always worked great in the twinks .

bigcraig

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »

I got one ordered.

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 08:32:52 PM »

I will be using the Fueling set up.

Bumpandrun

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »

I got one ordered.
Guess I have to call Monday .....says back ordered already. Lol. I bet they won't keep up for a bit. Lots of us prefer S&S over the other ...for good reason if you have used the other 2. No comparison .  Have few junk screaming chicken ones in the pile from twinks.

bigcraig

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »

I knew before I ordered it is was going to be back ordered.

Since I am in no hurry for it, the wait isn't a big deal.

I am still collecting all the components for my 124" build, and the S&S pump and plate were a must have.

Bumpandrun

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 10:18:22 AM »

I knew before I ordered it is was going to be back ordered.

Since I am in no hurry for it, the wait isn't a big deal.

I am still collecting all the components for my 124" build, and the S&S pump and plate were a must have.
Same here..no hurry as I have no problems .....but if I hear 4 or 5 guys bitch about a brand of tire giving them trouble.  I sure as hell not going to dealer to have them put the same piece of crap on till I crash 😂  Just preventive as its way too cheap even if it's not needed in my stock motor.
The MOCO could have learned from the twink with just looking at the S&S pump back than..but they didn't .

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »

Same here..no hurry as I have no problems .....but if I hear 4 or 5 guys bitch about a brand of tire giving them trouble.  I sure as hell not going to dealer to have them put the same piece of crap on till I crash 😂  Just preventive as its way too cheap even if it's not needed in my stock motor.
The MOCO could have learned from the twink with just looking at the S&S pump back than..but they didn't .

The same could be said of a lot of other components over the years.  The Harley aftermarket became so huge, including the rise of S&S btw, due to the fact that so much of what Harley provided was substandard.  Just think about how many companies and jobs would have never materialized if Harley just did things right the first (or second, or third) time. ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Bumpandrun

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 05:52:34 AM »

The same could be said of a lot of other components over the years.  The Harley aftermarket became so huge, including the rise of S&S btw, due to the fact that so much of what Harley provided was substandard.  Just think about how many companies and jobs would have never materialized if Harley just did things right the first (or second, or third) time. ;D

Jerry
Ah.....don't know how old u are...but the rise of S&S?  😂 Been around a long long long time for us higher performance owners/ builders .. i guess around since 1958 is pretty new 🙄  Do u own a M8?  Just wondering if you have had one apart in your own 2 hands.....🤔  Seem to hate on something and awful lot but no real solutions posted........   
Good news is I get to void my worthless warranty and actually put a part in the motor that will work. Unlike the warranty stuff that sits in the shop for months.....collecting dust.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:00:03 AM by Bumpandrun »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »

Jerry

That I'm not sure of Jerry.  Cars, bikes, tricycles....  Even if they're right we tinker.  At least enough of us do to make an aftermarket feasible.  Gearheads, car junkies, petrol heads, whatever we're called; sometimes (too often) we just can't leave stuff alone. 

Bumpandrun

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »

That I'm not sure of Jerry.  Cars, bikes, tricycles....  Even if they're right we tinker.  At least enough of us do to make an aftermarket feasible.  Gearheads, car junkies, petrol heads, whatever we're called; sometimes (too often) we just can't leave stuff alone.
think it starts at a young age😂  We get caught pulling everything apart . From the lawn mower at age 8-9. Up too that beautiful 1911 fresh out of the box .....  Oh well out to,the shop to cut on a new 2018 something....😱

Bumpandrun

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »

Simple enough too see the difference

Bumpandrun

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

It's even serviceable if you ever do have a blow up from another problem....lifter comes unglued. Hack job dealer stage install ect ....

Bumpandrun

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »

Pump clearly marked w fir waterpumpers or o for oil cooled.  Good instructions........ Don't know what others were crying about.  I guess if you never did any engine work it might be confusing .  But have used a bunch of them in twinks.  My first m8 case cracking party.....tooo simple not too do

J.D.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »

Looks pretty, hope in increases scavenging and works well.  I'd like to see that hinged style tensioner design on the twin cam camplates.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.