Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 124 S and S cycle kit  (Read 1654 times)

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
124 S and S cycle kit
« on: October 08, 2019, 06:35:00 AM »

ITEM 310-1052 S and S Cycle Big Boar Kit has anyone used this kit what are your thoughts would you change anything would you do it again are you happy with it I have a 17 Street Glide Special went out of warranty on the 25th of last month I would add new steel intake new head bolts and check the piston oil jets anything else this would be a winter project I have power vision fuel motto headpipe screaming eagle heavy breather and supper trapp stout slip on mufflers on now any thoughts good or bad are welcome 

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: 124 S and S cycle kit
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 12:04:03 PM »

Interested in your experience. Sounds like an awesome upgrade.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
124 S and S cycle kit
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »

My opinion is Don’t buy the kit

Buy the crank, raw cylinders then buy pistons like Dragos with 3mm rings, have the cylinders bored to match your pistons.

Buy the lifters and pushrods, blue pump and plate

the m8 585 cams equivalent not ez start use your 110 compression releases set compression follow S&S compression recommendations

Have your heads done to match the performance and use an HPi 58mm with 6.22 injectors and proper 58mm opening backplate with a decent

HPI does more to ensure the throttleblade settings are tested and right (send them your 50mm) as the electronic core, be sure to know what your intake port size is to get the correct manifold for the throttle body.

.030 cometic headgaskets    Check your compensator stack heights to be sure they are in spec your going to be adding more power it’s an easy time to change it.

If you like Timken bearings it’s a good time to put in the Jim’s.   Don’t recommend the T2 cases with the gnurled fit Timken they can and do move.   

2-1 pipe and good tune

The reason to pass on the pistons and already cut cylinders is pistons have 2mm rings and quality control with the boring as they are mass production

Personally I prefer a tighter piston to bore starting point with an easy break in

Should have a 124 that produces 136-146 torque and 118-126 hp with the 585 cam or equivalent in m8 form.   Should be a great touring bike

Don’t forget the clutch - suggest aim SDR or replacement clutch with top hat (throw outs) scorpion has worked well as well as AIM clutches

Good luck with your build
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:26:30 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 06:37:30 AM »

thanks for the info

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:51:31 AM »

Buy the crank, raw cylinders then buy pistons like Dragos with 3mm rings, have the cylinders bored to match your pistons.

the m8 585 cams equivalent not ez start use your 110 compression releases set compression follow S&S compression recommendations

Have your heads done to match the performance and use an HPi 58mm with 6.22 injectors and proper 58mm opening backplate with a decent

HPI does more to ensure the throttleblade settings are tested and right (send them your 50mm) as the electronic core, be sure to know what your intake port size is to get the correct manifold for the throttle body.

.030 cometic headgaskets    Check your compensator stack heights to be sure they are in spec your going to be adding more power it’s an easy time to change it.

If you like Timken bearings it’s a good time to put in the Jim’s.   Don’t recommend the T2 cases with the gnurled fit Timken they can and do move.   

2-1 pipe and good tune

The reason to pass on the pistons and already cut cylinders is pistons have 2mm rings and quality control with the boring as they are mass production

Personally I prefer a tighter piston to bore starting point with an easy break in

Should have a 124 that produces 136-146 torque and 118-126 hp with the 585 cam or equivalent in m8 form.   Should be a great touring bike

Don’t forget the clutch - suggest aim SDR or replacement clutch with top hat (throw outs) scorpion has worked well as well as AIM clutches

His bike is a 2017 107 M8.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »

2-1 pipe and good tune

I'm not sure there are any problems with the M8 crank. I'm going through with a 150 plus HP build on my Roadglide. There has never been any mention of crank issues.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 25 queries.