Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Windvest on 08 SSE110  (Read 7236 times)

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
Re: Windvest on 08 SSE110
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 10:04:21 AM »

Thanx guys but now I need to make a decision 10" or 14"  I would ask my wife but I know which she would choose  :oops: I am 5'7" want the protection but not intrusion.  I have one opinion that even though the 14 inch is bigger it looks better and gives a little extra protection...looking for a bit of help.  How easily removable are they?

Thanx in advance

Seegarsmkr,

Have someone hold a tape measure just above the headlight and inline with the front forks while you are seated on the bike.  If your line of vision isn't compromised by the 14" height, go with that.  If you don't have at least an inch of clear vision above the top of the shield, then go with the 10".  The recurve on the top of the shield works great at moving air up and away from the rider, but also does a great job of distorting all images when you try to look through it!  Awesome product though and I can't say enough about the build quality along with the nice chrome pieces and mounting hardware.  The shield on the SE-Vrod goes on or off in a matter of a couple of minutes.  If you plan on taking it on and off from time to time, you might also want to invest in their lined storage bag for the shield.

Craig

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
Re: Windvest on 08 SSE110
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »

Thanx John and Craig...I will measure before I pull the trigger.  John you have the HD not the Windvest?  What is the price difference?  Which is better?

Just trying to do as much research before I order because even if I want to change sizes it is a PIA to send back and forth from overseas.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.