CVO Technical > Drive Train

Knocking from primary at hot idle

(1/5) > >>

1roadking:
Hey guys looking for some input on a problem with my bike. It is knocking on the primary at hot idle. I had the primary pulled apart, new comp was put in everything checks out but still knocking. The guy that looked at it thinks it’s my idle speed set way to low because it goes away at just of idle and doesn’t do it till it’s hot and idle speed is at it’s lowest. I’m running a 117 at 10.7 to 1 compression with a Tman 259 cam. Has anyone else had a similar issue? The idle runs right around 900 hot but only gets that low when it’s fully heated up. It doesn’t make a peep at cool idle.

T-Roy:
Does the noise go away if you pull the clutch handle in? Could maybe narrow it down to primary or clutch /tranny issue?

1roadking:
Maybe a little but not much. 

r0de_runr:
I have this same problem.  I think it is neutral rattle, (normal) so will try changing to 85W140 BelRey lube.

fastfreddy:

--- Quote from: r0de_runr on August 24, 2019, 06:18:29 PM ---I have this same problem.  I think it is neutral rattle, (normal) so will try changing to 85W140 BelRey lube.

--- End quote ---
try amsoil Vtwin transmission oil... it worked for me. I also use their primary oil. not trying to push amsoil, just saying I was impressed with the results of just a oil change. also I have 37k on the stock compensator with no issues. your results may vary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version