Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Deuce®

Technical Question -EFI Recalibration?

(1/4) > >>

psycho:
Hey guys,

I was looking over my bike purchase paperwork (gotta get my bike registered) and noticed that there was no mention of EFI recalibration. When I was gonna buy the stock EFI Deuce, I had stipulated SEII's, Hi-Flow Air cleaner, and EFI recalibration. When I changed my order to the CVO, all I stipulated was SEII's (think I was still in shock I was actually buying the bike). So my questions are:

1.) Since the stock deuce has stock air cleaner, and when it is changed out to Hi-flow, is that why the EFI recalibration is required or suggested? Too much for the EFI to adjust to both changes in intake and exhaust?

2.) The CVO Deuce comes with "Spun Aluminum Screamin' Eagle air cleaner, timer, and derby cover inserts." Is that a/the hi-flow air cleaner?

3.) If it is a hi-flow air cleaner, is that why the EFI recalibration was not done? Does the EFI automatically adjust to the SEII's in that case since it is just adjusting to decreased back presure from new pipes?

I mention this because I did notice that my bike had a tendency to stall when at idle and sitting on jiffy stand, and also seemed kinda rough at ultra low revs (like when practicing very slow speed figure 8's).  

Thanks.

JCZ:
I'll take a stab at this Psycho.

No motorcycle comes with a high flow air cleaner.  The bikes in stock format have to meet EPA regulations.

If you have the stock air cleaner and changed the exhaust do you need a reflash?  PROBABLY not but the only way to know that for sure is a dyno run to take a look at the air/fuel readings.  If you don't do a dyno run, then the fastest way you'll probably know is if your exhaust starts turning colors prematurely or in different spots of the exhaust.

Go ahead and break down and get the high flow air cleaner, the reflash and your Sturgis reservations  ;D!!!

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle:

--- Quote ---I'll take a stab at this Psycho.

No motorcycle comes with a high flow air cleaner.
--- End quote ---

JCZ:

--- Quote ---
Incorrect,
--- End quote ---

JCZ:

--- Quote ---
Incorrect,
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page