Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: good tuner within 1,500 miles for new Woods cam install in SEUC5  (Read 1539 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm looking for a top notch tuner within roughly 1,500 miles from here that uses TTS Mastertune in his dyno (one that will also give me the map after he tunes my bike). I'm putting in a Bob Woods TW-7H cam in my 2010 CVO Ultra Classic. As a side note, I'd appreciate anyone who could e-mail me a Mastertune .mt7 map/file until I get the custom tune. The Mastertune file needs to be tuned for the Woods cam, cat free stock headpipe (or similar), Fullsac 2" baffles and SE Ventelator. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:35:16 PM by rheiner »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: good tuner within 1,500 miles for new Woods cam install in SEUC5
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm looking for a top notch tuner within 1,500 miles or so that uses TTS Mastertune (one that will also give me the map). I'm putting in a Bob Woods TW-7H cam in my 2010 CVO Ultra Classic. As a side note, I'd appreciate a .mt7 map until I get there. My motorcycle will have the Woods cam, cat free stock headpipe, Fullsac 2" baffles and SE Ventelator. Thanks in advance.

FYI, the SEPST allows the user to download the map from the VCI. Not sure if the MasterTune software provides this capability but if getting the map from the tuner is important to you, you can be assured of being able to download from the bike using the 2010 version of the SEPST.

ronw48

• 2010 Limited - 2008 Nightster
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »

Why don't you contact FULLSAC Performance in Lake Havasu, Az?  That's well within 1500 mi.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

I believe expert dyno tuners specialize in one area, i.e., dyno tuning. Steve is running a small business full time and is developing & manufacturing his new x-pipe, spending time marketing his company and motorcycle performance upgrades, talking to a lot of customers & potential customers, installing upgrades, etc. That's not to imply or say Steve isn't a very good tuner. I'd like to hear some other options, too. I'd travel anywhere in California, Oregon, Arizona, even Washington. Thanks for your response though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:14:00 PM by rheiner »

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »

rc cycles hayward, ca...guy named bob l.
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »

rc cycles hayward, ca...guy named bob l.

:2vrolijk_21: I use Bob for all my tuning needs as well. He is a member here too "FLTRI".

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »

I believe expert dyno tuners specialize in one area, i.e., dyno tuning. Steve is running a small business full time and is developing & manufacturing his new x-pipe, spending time marketing his company and motorcycle performance upgrades, talking to a lot of customers & potential customers, installing upgrades, etc. That's not to imply or say Steve isn't a very good tuner. I'd like to hear some other options, too. I'd travel anywhere in California, Oregon, Arizona, even Washington. Thanks for your response though.

True, but, he also does the R&D as he develops these products, either on his own bike, or some of our bikes.
Some of his customers supply different bikes with different mods. He dyno's the bikes, makes his products to custom fit the bikes: like the x-pipe in 2 different sizes to fit most of the new bikes from 96" on up.
His concentration/thoroughness on his dyno is amazing. He is one of those tuners you hear about that will spend 8 hrs on one bike, just to make sure it's perfect.
I don't think he sleeps, and I KNOW he works some weekends! Must be the clean air out there!
 :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

True, but, he also does the R&D as he develops these products, either on his own bike, or some of our bikes.
Some of his customers supply different bikes with different mods. He dyno's the bikes, makes his products to custom fit the bikes: like the x-pipe in 2 different sizes to fit most of the new bikes from 96" on up.
His concentration/thoroughness on his dyno is amazing. He is one of those tuners you hear about that will spend 8 hrs on one bike, just to make sure it's perfect.
I don't think he sleeps, and I KNOW he works some weekends! Must be the clean air out there!
 :2vrolijk_21:

You've made some very good points and gave me insight. Thank you.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.