CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

2 Harley adjustable premium shocks?

(1/1)

krautdoggie:
Question. With the abundance of the Harley premium shocks everyone is taking off. Has anyone tried using 2 of the adjustable shocks by replacing the Helper shock with another adjustable one? Just curious. With a added loaded tour pack and the side bags stuffed full for a trip my 2017 SG is at the max adjustment on the shock. I know everyone will chime in with Legends...ect...ect… I am just wondering if anyone has tried this? Thanks.

Dan_Lockwood:
As I remember on my premium shocks, the rebound side I could compress by pushing into the floor. Not much spring force.

So the adjustable side basically carries the full load of the bike. Two of them would WAY over power the swing arm and my thoughts would be that you would have no compression at all even when hitting bumps.

On my 12" premium shocks that were too weak for my bike, I did take one of my 12" Progressive shocks and installed it on the right side. Pulling my trailer on behind and the two of us loaded, I had very little preload and that was with the settings on low weight.

You could possibly mix and match shocks to get a better ride than just the stock premium shocks, but I doubt it would be worth it. I had extra shock so no cost to me.

skratch:
i'm not sure you could even get it to fit on the bike.

krautdoggie:
Ok thanks guys.

08glide:
maybe have to turn it around backwards with adjuster facing rear. but then would it be on the inside towards fender & tire ? probably have to run low settings to keep it from being too stiff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version