Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Harley 117 Drop on Build in progress  (Read 104493 times)

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Harley 117 Drop on Build in progress
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »

Sounds terrific!!  :2vrolijk_21: You need to bring it to Maggie!

Joe,
    Unfortunately at this point in time I'm trying to sort things out with an elderly parent, and it's difficult to get time away but I'm hoping next year will be better for me, I'm really looking forward to attending some of these events!

BostonBoy

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2016, 10:41:13 AM »

Would those with these 117 upgrades mind terribly on reporting noise or oil usage in the coming months? On the fence.

Only unusual noise I have is a clackety sound coming from the open ended H.D. Billet Extreme Air Cleaner, But Steve warned me before I bought it!!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »

Only unusual noise I have is a clackety sound coming from the open ended H.D. Billet Extreme Air Cleaner, But Steve warned me before I bought it!!

SUGGESTION: I think it's the throttle body blades trying to get more air to the motor.  Try gently rolling on the throttle just a little bit and see if it stops.  If so you're a winner.

Best regards

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »

Could it be piston slap or a lifter?     Does it click at all at first start up?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »

SUGGESTION: I think it's the throttle body blades trying to get more air to the motor.  Try gently rolling on the throttle just a little bit and see if it stops.  If so you're a winner.

Best regards

X2  :2vrolijk_21:

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2016, 01:25:51 PM »

X2  :2vrolijk_21:

ALSO,   IF IT IS THE BLADES---You'll want to be sure they aren't flapping too hard because the blade shafts could break (guess where) Yup right across the blade set screw hole. THEN the blade screw can fall/get sucked into the throttle body and possibly find its way into the motor.

The shafts can be replaced with stronger ones but it may require drilling the throttle body. 

Check with your favorite wrench. 

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »

When Steve & I first started talking about this build which by the way started on the drawing board as a GMR 113 we talked about air cleaners and during our conversation about what breathes better than the stock Ventilator air cleaner, Steve gave me his opinion on the H.D. Ventilator and opening the backing plate, The H.D. Extreme Billet, & a billet one very similar to the H.D. Extream made by Kuryakyn. He went on to state the the open ended types allow noise through the opening. When he recieved my bike we made a decision to try the new T Man Zero Loss Air Cleaner that he advertised on his Facebook page however when I contacted T.R. he stated he was having vendor problems producing the kit so I decided to add the H.D. Billet Extreme to the build. It is more prominent when I bring my ear next to the air cleaner.     

Maybe Steve can explain this better than I 

BostonBoy
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Page created in 1.111 seconds with 21 queries.