Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Best Price On-line for Progressive 440's  (Read 9074 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Best Price On-line for Progressive 440's
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 02:41:28 PM »

Sweet!  Heck yeah, I'm buddies with the parts guys!  Will see what they can do for me. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 10:43:45 PM »

BLM777, I was at your Crystal River HD last sunday for the sale, bought a seat and chrome inner primary (20% off) and they shipped both items for free to my house. BUT hopefully you didn't buy a bike from these guys, they had  a green SEEG (refuse to use the gay teal word) and it was marked $35K plus plus plus. $34999 for a Fatboy. Thought those days were over, St Pete, Clearwater all at MSRP. Is that where you got the shocks? I bought mine from HD dealer in Sarasota for $407 + tax.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 10:28:31 AM »

JC first impressions THESE THINGS ARE GREAT wow talk about smoothing the ride out.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] No more harse bumps that rattle your filling.  Am taking the wife out with a group on a couple of hundred mile ride today will let you know what she has to say.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 09:12:33 AM »

Well JC she is very happy with the new shocks,  she just wants to know why HD would put such s**ty stuff on such a nice bike.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

mfgreen

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 10:41:44 AM »

wants to know why HD would put such s**ty stuff on such a nice bike.

Proceed with caution here...Mr Magoo .......I have already ruffled some feathers around here.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 12:09:22 PM »

Now I have heard some of you reference the fact that you owned other Electric Glides and Road Kings, did they have standard length shocks? if so did you like the ride? Do you think it's the diminished amount of travel the shocks have or is it that they just are s**t? [smiley=furious3.gif]
They are made by Showa who usually produces a pretty good product!!!
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 12:55:46 PM »

I'm not going to go so far as to say the lowered Showa's are $h!t, but suffice it to say that if the SEEG wasn't lowered, I probably wouldn't be looking for shocks.  The reduced travel must definitely have something to do with it as the wife never complained about the ride on my '02 Classic.  I'm just trying to find something that works better for her and it sounds like the 440's provide more of a "non-lowered" ride even if you stay with the shortened 12" length.

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 02:12:30 PM »

Proceed with caution here...Mr Magoo .......I have already ruffled some feathers around here.

Hey Mike,

I am sure that everyone appreciates your contribution. There are just such a lot of Alpha males round here!  [smiley=scholar.gif] We are also a bunch of oldish gits and so have some fairly preformed opinions.

However, testosterone  [smiley=Mr-T.gif] to one side, they are all thinking men and intelligent enough to realise that the strength of this board is in it's unity. This strength is compounded by growing numbers and we can't afford to lose anybody by iscolation.  JMHO
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 10:58:59 PM »

I can tell you guys that out of the bikes I have riden in the last couple or years.
78 FLH Shovelhead
Son's Sporty
2001 Ultra Classic
2002 Road King
Taco minibike 5.5 HP

As far as hitting bumps, my 04 SEEG road more like the minibike than any of the others.

First I replaced the seat with a Corbin Heated Dual Tour seat.
That made the ride much better. Closer to the 78 Shovel head w/o the pogo seat

Then  cause of this web site I bought the 440's.
It is now the same or better than the Ultra or RK

I may not have bought the seat if I would have found out about the shocks first.

No more yacking from the girlfriend either.

Just my $.02 worth

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 08:56:19 PM »

My red bike is now 4 weeks old, has 1405 miles, every one of them rough. I had the shorter Showa shocks on my RK and they rode so bad I took them off and sold them on ebay and then got smart and put std length 440's on. Ride was wonderful. I kept the 440' when I sold the RK and had thought about selling them as they are 13"  long, to long for the SEEG. Then a light bulb! I bought a set of 1" TJ Products lowering blocks. This should give a GREAT ride, I will have full travel again and bike at the same lowered stance.
Now if it just works, time will tell as soon as I have time to install them. I did change the fork fluid to S/E fluid, can't tell any difference. Going to install Gold Valve Emulators from Race Tech. Has anyone tried the Race Tech Stuff in a Touring bike???

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 08:26:02 AM »

Have been talking to Race Tech about stiffer front fork spring no word yet from them.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 11:20:03 AM »

I can tell you guys that out of the bikes I have riden in the last couple or years.
78 FLH Shovelhead
Son's Sporty
2001 Ultra Classic
2002 Road King
Taco minibike 5.5 HP

As far as hitting bumps, my 04 SEEG road more like the minibike than any of the others.

First I replaced the seat with a Corbin Heated Dual Tour seat.
That made the ride much better. Closer to the 78 Shovel head w/o the pogo seat

Then
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 02:59:30 PM »

Here is my experience with the purchase, installation and first ride with Progressive's 440 shocks:

I paid 436.40 plus tax for the 12" standard chrome ones (440-4049C) and purchased them from my parts guy at the local HD shop. I know I could have found a better deal but he is is really good to me so I like to give him business when I can. Installation was pretty straight forward although I needed to get the torque values as they were not listed in the directions. Also, I installed the sleeves in the shock mounting holes but did not add the washers as they suggested and it appears they bolt up just fine without them.

The ride. Nice! First off, I do not and never have like air shocks ever since my first experience with Gabrial hijackers in the early eighties. So good riddens to the hoses, pump and guessing if you have enough air pressure. To be honest, I don't care so much about the comfort as much as I do about the performance of the shocks. When  I roll on the power the rear end now squats down like it is supposed too. In the corners it holds the line better and comes up without bouncing like the air shocks. I have noticed that it rebounds much quicker and snaps back sometimes. I have them set on the #2 setting and I am about 175 lbs.. When I put my girly on the back with some gear I will report her thoughts, but I am fully satisfyed with the shocks so far. One other thing is now it is even MORE apparent that the front shocks need some help.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

B767capt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 04:58:54 PM »

Just got a set 4050C delivered for 383.00 from Jirehcycles.com.  I now have the front springs coming and they are 49.95.
Rineharts, Wood TW400G cams, SE 103+ stroker pistons, 53mm TB, PClll.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 05:17:01 PM »

Capt.....please give us a post when you get the front springs in.  I'm getting ready to put the higher viscosity Screamin' Eagle fork oil in to stiffen them up a little, but would do the springs at the same time if you like the result.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.