Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Master cylinder bling  (Read 7517 times)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Master cylinder bling
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:52:29 AM »

Take a look at the new Rad II Master cylinder housing from Arlen Ness. I saw one mounted an a Road Glide in the Ness display at the Rosemont show...very unique looking!

It looks like a thousand bucks...but best of all it's only $75.99 @ J&P.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=4286D7E8-201A-4ACA-AB37-87D5C13E2137&brand=arlenness

It's gonna be right at home on my "Dagger Bagger." So I'm ordering one up! ;D  :huepfenjump3:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Master cylinder bling
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »

Take a look at the new Rad II Master cylinder housing from Arlen Ness. I saw one mounted an a Road Glide in the Ness display at the Rosemont show...very unique looking!

It looks like a thousand bucks...but best of all it's only $75.99 @ J&P.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=4286D7E8-201A-4ACA-AB37-87D5C13E2137&brand=arlenness

It's gonna be right at home on my "Dagger Bagger." So I'm ordering one up! ;D  :huepfenjump3:

How often to you hurt yourself when you're cleaning that "Dagger Bagger", bro?   :2vrolijk_21:  That piece will feel right at home!!  You've got a one of a kind Pumkin and she's a real beauty!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »

How often to you hurt yourself when you're cleaning that "Dagger Bagger", bro?   :2vrolijk_21:  That piece will feel right at home!!  You've got a one of a kind Pumkin and she's a real beauty!!

Thanks for the compliment Terry :)

It took me two times before I learned my lesson......The first time I tore my pants. The second time I was kneeling down and lifted my head right up into one of the grips. That one drew a lot of blood and severe cursing :huepfenlol2:!!! From that point I've been very, very cautious :huepfenlol2:

The mechanics at the shop love it......NOT!
They always zip-tie foam pipe insulation on everything for protection.

Take care,

Grover

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

That has to be good for some better top end too, very sleek.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »

Damn you Grover.  I'm right in the middle of my spring cleaning/prep/install winter parts collection on the red bike.  The new headlights a couple nights ago.  Some trim that has to be altered to work right, new swingarm bushings, new handlebar bushings, the new forks in a couple weeks and a few other little bits and pieces. 

Even found a red outer fairing in stock at Appleton City Harley this morning that they're shipping me at a nice discount just to move a piece of inventory that might otherwise set for a long long time.  Got it since mine has got so many divots any more that even some of the touch ups are touched up.   It's got to the point that it really looks pretty bad from closer than about 5 feet.  So will put on the new one, maybe get something extra done with the old one when it gets redone (probably in the fall), and end up with a good backup fairing shell.

But just when I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for this pre-spring festival you go and throw up that master cylinder.  You are a bad bad man. With the quick glance at the ad I'm not even sure if it's a cover or an actual cylinder housing that will require a rebuild kit to finish it off.  But it sure looks sweet though....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »

Looks like this is less at the Arlen Ness site:  http://shop.arlenness.com/productdetail.asp?SID=1&Category_ID=54&Product_ID=6888  $69.95

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 02:16:03 PM »

Looks like this is less at the Arlen Ness site:  http://shop.arlenness.com/productdetail.asp?SID=1&Category_ID=54&Product_ID=6888  $69.95

J&P is almost always more expensive.  Often not a lot more.  But nearly always at least a bit more than you can find elsewhere.  They're nice to have around because you find so much in one spot.  But they're not a bargain shoppers wet dream.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »

Don, it sounds like it's just a cover and would be an easy install.  From the description: "Sleek design master cylinder housing for the stock rear brake set-up."

That is a nice lookin' piece now, isn't it?  Great find, Mark! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »

Don, it sounds like it's just a cover and would be an easy install.  From the description: "Sleek design master cylinder housing for the stock rear brake set-up."

That is a nice lookin' piece now, isn't it?  Great find, Mark! :2vrolijk_21:

Brian, for that price I was assuming it was just a cover.  My only concern there is the shape though.  It's so distinctly different from the stock part that if it is just a cover it's going to have to be pretty good sized to wrap around the stock shape.

Might just have to wait and see it on Mark's bike.  Crap, the least time I did though it cost me the top end of an engine.....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:05 PM »

Brian, for that price I was assuming it was just a cover.  My only concern there is the shape though.  It's so distinctly different from the stock part that if it is just a cover it's going to have to be pretty good sized to wrap around the stock shape.

Might just have to wait and see it on Mark's bike.  Crap, the least time I did though it cost me the top end of an engine.....

He who hesitates .................

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »

Nice find and looks great as long as the lowers are off at least on 07s.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »

Damn you Grover.  I'm right in the middle of my spring cleaning/prep/install winter parts collection on the red bike.  The new headlights a couple nights ago.  Some trim that has to be altered to work right, new swingarm bushings, new handlebar bushings, the new forks in a couple weeks and a few other little bits and pieces. 

But just when I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for this pre-spring festival you go and throw up that master cylinder...

Hey Don, It sure sounds like your scooter is much better than new & ready for another high mileage adventure filled summer. The way you've been going at it you'll have enough take off parts to build another scoot in no time.

When my master cylinder arrives I'll post a few pix.

Take care, :2vrolijk_21:

Grover

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 12:29:51 AM »

Hey Don, It sure sounds like your scooter is much better than new & ready for another high mileage adventure filled summer. The way you've been going at it you'll have enough take off parts to build another scoot in no time.

When my master cylinder arrives I'll post a few pix.

Take care, :2vrolijk_21:

Grover

Thanks Mark.  Will look forward to the pic.  Curious about how it would look and fit with lowers installed and what the overall proportion will look like in there.

With any luck I'll get the red bikes first little road trip right away.   Man it needs it to.  The bike has a wicked case of spring fever.

That place down in Georgia that has the forks for the cartridge kit has an install special price if their already working over the forks.  It ends up costing like $99 more if they rip the front end off and install the legs then it does if they ship the parts back to you and let you rip it all apart yourself. 

So I'm using that as an excuse to make a road trip.  It's not that I really mind installing the legs.  It's just that I really need a road trip.  So this coming up Thursday I'm going to ride down to the Georgia, to give the devil bike its due.  Friday morning they'll install the parts.  Then Friday afternoon I'll ride back to Birmingham and meet up with TC and Diva that evening.  BLM may be in the area that weekend also.  At least we're hoping so.

Saturday TC will lead me someplace I've not been before and then Saturday afternoon I'll start wandering back in the general direction of home. By late afternoon Sunday I should be back in the barn after a nice little 2k four day road trip.  Thank the travel gods for spring time!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »

Very cool looking part,  areodynamic for the drag bike.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:01 PM »

Thanks Mark.  Will look forward to the pic.  Curious about how it would look and fit with lowers installed and what the overall proportion will look like in there.

With any luck I'll get the red bikes first little road trip right away.   Man it needs it to.  The bike has a wicked case of spring fever.

That place down in Georgia that has the forks for the cartridge kit has an install special price if their already working over the forks.  It ends up costing like $99 more if they rip the front end off and install the legs then it does if they ship the parts back to you and let you rip it all apart yourself. 

So I'm using that as an excuse to make a road trip.  It's not that I really mind installing the legs.  It's just that I really need a road trip.  So this coming up Thursday I'm going to ride down to the Georgia, to give the devil bike its due.  Friday morning they'll install the parts.  Then Friday afternoon I'll ride back to Birmingham and meet up with TC and Diva that evening.  BLM may be in the area that weekend also.  At least we're hoping so.

Saturday TC will lead me someplace I've not been before and then Saturday afternoon I'll start wandering back in the general direction of home. By late afternoon Sunday I should be back in the barn after a nice little 2k four day road trip.  Thank the travel gods for spring time!

That sounds like a damn good time Don. I wish I could be doing the same thing.

Happy trails my friend :)

Enjoy, be safe & say Hello to all :2vrolijk_21:

Grover
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.556 seconds with 21 queries.