Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Trapper dog  (Read 45972 times)

LAZine

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Trapper dog
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »

Just found out Trapper dog AKA Roger Lane has been in a terrible accident and is in the Hospital for Broken femur, broken clavicle, broken ribs, and more. Please say a prayer for him and Melanie who is with him.

OMG. My worst fear came true.

I first met Roger with my husband when we attended a motorcycle riding competition. Roger was police trained in motorcycle riding,  and practiced so much. He always encouraged my husband to practice. If this can happen to a Roger, it can happen to anyone.

I had not received replies from Roger in some time, so I feared the worst. I started googling for him, and this came up. I feel like I want to throw up.

Does this make anyone else want to get out of riding? Seriously, if this can happen to him, we are all vulnerable.  :-\

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2019, 02:58:36 PM »

OMG. My worst fear came true.

I first met Roger with my husband when we attended a motorcycle riding competition. Roger was police trained in motorcycle riding,  and practiced so much. He always encouraged my husband to practice. If this can happen to a Roger, it can happen to anyone.

I had not received replies from Roger in some time, so I feared the worst. I started googling for him, and this came up. I feel like I want to throw up.

Does this make anyone else want to get out of riding? Seriously, if this can happen to him, we are all vulnerable.  :-\
[/q   we are all flesh and bone, JCZ says it better than I can...    Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!   and im still hoping for the best possible outcome for all
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »

Roger has been moved again. He is now in a facility in Sacramento that can better manage his needs. The goal is to get him well enough to come back to the Bay Area. I plan on going out to see him on Monday. Send me a PM, or reply with your full name and I will tell Roger you said hello.

Once I meet with the staff and get their okay, I will make his address available to those who wish to send him a card.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2019, 10:09:43 PM »

Please tell Roger my wife and I said hello and we are praying for his complete recovery!

Thank you.

Rob and Annette May

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 05:23:48 AM »

Hey everyone,

I visited Roger yesterday at the new facility.  If you would like to send him a card or letter, please send me a PM and i will give it to you.

He shares a room and it’s kind of small. So if you send him personal items, pillows, beanie caps, socks, CDs, label the item with his name with a Sharpie.  That way when it won’t get lost or mixed up with another patient’s clothing when it’s sent out in the laundry. He is still on a trach and a feeding tube, so treats, sweets and edibles are not recommended at this time. If you have any photos of both of you together, please feel free to send those. They are great for working his memory.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »

Thank you Mark for keeping us posted. Praying for Roger's complete recovery.

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2019, 11:49:34 AM »

Praying for a full and complete recovery. 🙏🏻
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »

Roger has been moved again. He is now in a facility in Sacramento that can better manage his needs. The goal is to get him well enough to come back to the Bay Area. I plan on going out to see him on Monday. Send me a PM, or reply with your full name and I will tell Roger you said hello.

Once I meet with the staff and get their okay, I will make his address available to those who wish to send him a card.

Mark

There should be a few pics of Roger from the Three Rivers GTG. I can't find mine.

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »

Not sure where or when.
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

LAZine

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2019, 12:23:42 AM »

Has anyone visited Trapper Dog/Roger recently? If so, can we please get a status update?

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »

I stopped by and visited him on Thursday at the care facility he's at in Sacramento.  This was my first visit but per Mark (Ironhorse) he's made a lot of improvement even over the past month or so.  He is alert and can communicate some but is hard to understand with the tracheotomy he has. I could tell he knew what I was saying and would respond to questions and even pictures I showed him which always seemed to light up his countenance.

He still has a long road of recovery ahead but lots of positive signs so keep the thoughts and prayers coming.

Chuck

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2019, 07:51:47 PM »

I'm going to visit him again tomorrow. I'll post an update too.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »

I visited Roger yesterday and am pleased to report he is making good strides.

I would say his improvement since the last time I saw him was exponential. He is now able to pull his left leg up. He only assists with his right arm to bring it in the last few inches. Other than that he can bend his knee and raise it up. He has pretty good strength in that leg too. I gave him a foot massage and he has good strength in the foot and ankle. He can move it in all directions. His left arm has improved too. While his grip is still not strong we played a good session of tug of war. He can pull and push with good strength. He just needs to strengthen the ability to raise and lower it.

Best of all, he’s starting on semi-solid food. He ate some applesauce without any problem. He also started sipping small amounts of water out of a cup on his own. All of this while the capped trach is still in place. The plan is to transition him to more semi-solid food and get him off the stomach tube. Once that happens he will start bulking up and getting stronger.

Roger’s thoughts can still be clouded, but he grasps the contexts of past, present and future. His short-term memory is still weak, as I had to remind him of Chuck and Marty’s visit. I told him of all the folks that are praying for him and pulling for him. This Thanksgiving Roger will spend it with his son Jake, daughter in law Rachel and grand daughter who are visiting from Texas. It is hoped he can have some soft, or mashed turkey day food!

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »

Ironhorse,
That is terrific news on Roger's improvement.  Thank you for the information and for visiting our friend in our place.

Many thoughts and prayers for all affected!

Jimmy
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »

We can all be thankful this Thanksgiving that prayers for Roger are working and he is improving.

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 22 queries.