Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!  (Read 23390 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

All in all it was a simple job to swap the wheels out. I agree that I have to remove the rotor and caliper. Do I have to change my master to do that?  The rotor removal is easy enough as long as I don't need to replace the master.  Thanks for all the good words. i think it was worth the wait the wheels are real nice and I love the new stance.. Thanks for watching,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »

Nice wheels bro. Now you need to lose one of the front brake rotors so you can see em. And to answer your question the wait, no, but then again I'm not the patient sort.
Like I said though, nice wheels.

Add a little sunshine and some warm weather and I'm sure they be downright freakin gorgeous. brrrrrrrrrr those pictures of your driveway made me shiver.

B B
That is your Dago persona. If I was there i would not have waited so long either. But here in New England, a place your familiar with it was winter and what else was I going to do. :coolblue:
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »

Q, I've had some sort of creeping crud for the past week now.  I've got the "Barry White" thing going on real good with my voice, so just give me your boss' phone number and I'll call in sick for ya!

the good thing about being self employed is that you call out sick to yourself. :bananarock:  Thanks any way Brian.  ;)   Later,Q

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

And now I can have a few of these.

JQ,
You deserve them for a job well done, and your patience through this process. :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »

Thanks Gary!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »

Johnny Q, the Wheelmon! They look great man. I hope you think it was worth the wait because that's all that matters. I think it looks awesome! Personally, I'm not sure I'd give up a rotor to see more wheel, but if you do that, change the master to a single disc master or you won't have the proper hyd. pressure, and the lever feel will be poor. Up to you bro. Again great job. You must be thrilled that it's finally over! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »

Q, they look Great!     
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »

but one question...will they help with frostbite on frigid October mornings? 
  :P
/Bill

Q, they look Great!     
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:28:36 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »

chit John
               Seeing the complete profile I realize you're right. It would look lie I cheaped out if I didn't do the back wheel. While you can't see the whole wheel you see enough to notice the difference in diameter, stance etc. So now I guess when I find the wheel that I just gotta have, I just gotta have two  LOL By the way I also see what you were talking about on the rims. That is cool. Real sweet.

On your master cylinder question, as I said I believe you can run a single disc with a master cylinder intended for dual disc, but not the other way around. If I'm wrong would someone explain why ?

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »

but one question...will they help with frostbite on frigid October mornings? 
  :P
/Bill

No but he won't shortcircuit some day and end up looking like Mr. Kotter having a bad hair day either.

B B 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2007, 08:52:53 PM »

No but he won't shortcircuit some day and end up looking like Mr. Kotter having a bad hair day either.

B B 

Oh man, more old guy stuff.....................Kotter

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »

chit John
               Seeing the complete profile I realize you're right. It would look lie I cheaped out if I didn't do the back wheel. While you can't see the whole wheel you see enough to notice the difference in diameter, stance etc. So now I guess when I find the wheel that I just gotta have, I just gotta have two  LOL By the way I also see what you were talking about on the rims. That is cool. Real sweet.

On your master cylinder question, as I said I believe you can run a single disc with a master cylinder intended for dual disc, but not the other way around. If I'm wrong would someone explain why ?

B B

It wiil work, as you say. But that's not good enough for a properly working brake system. The hydr. pressure is different in single and dual masters, as they have different size orifices to regulate the pressure. The dual disc master accounts for 2 calipers operating together, with the calipers designed to work correctly at that pressure. The orifice is sized to provide the proper pressure for that application, thereby providing adequate and consistant lever feel. Remove one caliper, you change the pressure and do not get the proper feel at the lever. I have done this and personally would never do it again. These masters are engineered this way for a reason. HD brakes are not known as the best in the world as it is. Why jeopardize having predictable brakes for the cost of a new master? The guy just spent a small fortune on everything. I don't want to see it end up in a junkpile because he can't stop the bike properly. All for a $150 master cylinder. Not on my bike, that's for sure! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »

Wheels look great Big Daddy!!!

Really enjoyed reading the thread and all the pics...

Way to go!!! :tekst-toppie:

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2007, 09:45:21 PM »

It wiil work, as you say. But that's not good enough for a properly working brake system. The hydr. pressure is different in single and dual masters, as they have different size orifices to regulate the pressure. The dual disc master accounts for 2 calipers operating together, with the calipers designed to work correctly at that pressure. The orifice is sized to provide the proper pressure for that application, thereby providing adequate and consistant lever feel. Remove one caliper, you change the pressure and do not get the proper feel at the lever. I have done this and personally would never do it again. These masters are engineered this way for a reason. HD brakes are not known as the best in the world as it is. Why jeopardize having predictable brakes for the cost of a new master? The guy just spent a small fortune on everything. I don't want to see it end up in a junkpile because he can't stop the bike properly. All for a $150 master cylinder. Not on my bike, that's for sure! Hoist! 8)

Sounds good on the surface Howie, but you're not supporting your position with anything other than a bunch of BS and emotion. " proper feel at the lever " ?????? that's pretty subjective. I'm not saying you're wrong, but as an engineer I expect more in way of explanation than the song and dance routine of your post.

B B

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2007, 09:54:08 PM »

Dont need the front brake anyway...if the front wheel is off the ground!!!

Just ask Grover.

Go Big Daddy!!! :2vrolijk_21:
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.