Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!  (Read 23386 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:52 PM »

Sounds good on the surface Howie, but you're not supporting your position with anything other than a bunch of BS and emotion. " proper feel at the lever " ?????? that's pretty subjective. I'm not saying you're wrong, but as an engineer I expect more in way of explanation than the song and dance routine of your post.

B B

I'm not an automotive engineer so I'm not going to try to explain it in that context because I can't. In my field of refrigeration, pressure characteristics of fluids downstream of an orifice, are based on the orifice size. The larger the orifice, metering the same volume of fluid as a smaller orifice, will result in a lower pressure on the outlet side of that orifice. Orifice sizes are carefully selected to provide the exact pressure that's required for the system. There's no debating the effect of orifice size on downstream fluid pressures. So if a system is properly engineered for a particular pressure, and a fixed orifice is selected to maintain that pressure on a closed, fixed volume system, changing that orifice size changes the fluid's pressure. Period. If your calipers are designed to operate at a certain pressure, and you arbitrarily change their pressure, why would you think it would have no effect on the matched components selected to comprise that system. It really only takes a little common sense to see this. And like I said, I tried it. Out of necessity, but I tried it. And it sucks! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2007, 10:05:57 PM »

Congratulations Q on your new set of Shredders :2vrolijk_21:

Looks damn nice. You're gonna love those radials too.

Take care,

Grover

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »

Dont need the front brake anyway...if the front wheel is off the ground!!!

Just ask Grover.

Go Big Daddy!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Wasn't me. Nope. Couldn't have been. Don't know how. Must have been an imagination. ???  :huepfenlol2:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »

Looks Great Q! :2vrolijk_21:

18 x 18 is ssswwweeeeeeettt on the baggers. 8)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2007, 10:17:03 PM »

Dont need the front brake anyway...if the front wheel is off the ground!!!

Just ask Grover.

Go Big Daddy!!! :2vrolijk_21:
  this is gonna be AJ's motto after the blower/turbo  Nos  kit Chip is building....  like the infrared thermometers.....point and shoot.
    I think the dual system has a piston stroke longer to supply the surface area of 4 pistons with the same pressure (2500psi?)   and the different orifice size is proportional to the piston Diameter.   dual vs single    piston dia vs orifice.  but    the wheels  are cool :2vrolijk_21: its a balance to achieve  INTERGRATION!
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »

this is gonna be AJ's motto after the blower/turbo  Nos  kit Chip is building....  like the infrared thermometers.....point and shoot.
    I think the dual system has a piston stroke longer to supply the surface area of 4 pistons with the same pressure (2500psi?)   and the different orifice size is proportional to the piston Diameter.   dual vs single    piston dia vs orifice.  but    the wheels  are cool :2vrolijk_21: its a balance to achieve  INTERGRATION!

Are Chip's Angel's wings in workin order ?

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »

All this talk about orifices along with singing & dancing seems to be off subject. Maybe should be on a singles forum :huepfenlol2:

The talk about single disc is a moot point on Q's wheels. When the order is placed for wheels, they need to know if you want it machined for single or dual disc. Johns are machined for dual disc, so if he removes the right rotor the hub wont look right. You'll see the mounting holes for the rotor and it will look unfinished. That is unless he has a tapered end cap specially machined to finish it off. IMHO not worth it & won't look right.

Q's wheels look great as is. They have matching "shredder" rotors they go with the theme of the bike as well as his personality.

I've seen Q ride and he loves to haul ass and jam out. The man needs both rotors up front....That's a fast fact.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2007, 10:32:58 PM »

All this talk about orifices along with singing & dancing seems to be off subject. Maybe should be on a singles forum :huepfenlol2:

The talk about single disc is a moot point on Q's wheels. When the order is placed for wheels, they need to know if you want it machined for single or dual disc. Johns are machined for dual disc, so if he removes the right rotor the hub wont look right. You'll see the mounting holes for the rotor and it will look unfinished. That is unless he has a tapered end cap specially machined to finish it off. IMHO not worth it & won't look right.

Q's wheels look great as is. They have matching "shredder" rotors they go with the theme of the bike as well as his personality.

I've seen Q ride and he loves to haul ass and jam out. The man needs both rotors up front....That's a fast fact.  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Mark and I fully agree! I really didn't want to get into a peeing contest with B B on fluid dynamics anyway! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »

Big Daddy - They look great, curious to hear a ride report once you get a chance to scuff them babies up, also They are a lil taller so the speedo will be off a tad but the good news is the rpms drop a tad too. I agree you need to do the rear wheel - with the 18's you WILL see it and notice it. I switched HD duals to PM 6 piston single, replaced the whole brake line but didn't know about a differant master cylinder. Is there a Harley part number I need to get? I will say I have a differant feel,there's plenty of brake there - just comes on "Softer" - not really slower but progressive - grab a fistfull and you'll stop - in very short space - but no over the bars feel. I don't know but think the 18's and progressive front and rear helped here also - all in all the bike feels really really surefooted & nimble and no where near as heavy as my lighter Roadking when all is said and done. - Oh yeah - PM has a beautiful axle cap, blends right in ;D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2007, 10:42:28 PM »

Thanks Mark and I fully agree! I really didn't want to get into a peeing contest with B B on fluid dynamics anyway! ;) Hoist! 8)

Big Dogs Piss Howie, little dogs pee

But for the fun of it, how many different fluid systems do you suppose there are on a Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer ? I've got CORDs on CORDs on CORDs in some of em. I think I understand fluid dynamics fairly well, but if I can't keep up I'll holler Uncle. So lecture away Mr Wizard.

B B
B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »

I'm not an automotive engineer so I'm not going to try to explain it in that context because I can't. In my field of refrigeration, pressure characteristics of fluids downstream of an orifice, are based on the orifice size. The larger the orifice, metering the same volume of fluid as a smaller orifice, will result in a lower pressure on the outlet side of that orifice. Orifice sizes are carefully selected to provide the exact pressure that's required for the system. There's no debating the effect of orifice size on downstream fluid pressures. So if a system is properly engineered for a particular pressure, and a fixed orifice is selected to maintain that pressure on a closed, fixed volume system, changing that orifice size changes the fluid's pressure. Period. If your calipers are designed to operate at a certain pressure, and you arbitrarily change their pressure, why would you think it would have no effect on the matched components selected to comprise that system. It really only takes a little common sense to see this. And like I said, I tried it. Out of necessity, but I tried it. And it sucks! Hoist! 8)

This is starting to sound luck a bad memory, right Brian (103).  I see DSP cubed in the future.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 10:47:48 PM »

But for the fun of it, how many different fluid systems do you suppose there are on a Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer ? I've got CORDs on CORDs on CORDs in some of em. I think I understand fluid dynamics fairly well, but if I can't keep up I'll holler Uncle. So lecture away Mr Wizard.

B B
B B

No more lectures and no more pissing! If you're that versed in fluids, you should have know better than to recommend using the same master. Either that, or you do know that it will not operate the same with either master, but recommended it anyway. I won't mess with someone elses safety. Mr Wizard's done on this one, but he recommends using the correct master for the application, not the incorrect one! ;) Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2007, 10:50:46 PM »

No more lectures and no more pissing! If you're that versed in fluids, you should have know better than to recommend using the same master. Either that, or you do know that it will not operate the same with either master, but recommended it anyway. I won't mess with someone elses safety. Mr Wizard's done on this one, but he recommends using the correct master for the application! ;) Hoist! 8)

Okay, enough of this nonsense. Howie, I noticed you were almost to 3,000 posts so I thought I'd jack you around a bit to see if you've learned how to judge when I'm serious and when I'm screwin around. Maybe at 6,000 ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2007, 10:54:06 PM »

Okay, enough of this nonsense. Howie, I noticed you were almost to 3,000 posts so I thought I'd jack you around a bit to see if you've learned how to judge when I'm serious and when I'm screwin around. Maybe at 6,000 ?

B B

B B, I gotta apologize to you and the other members. I had one of the worst days imaginable. Didn't mean to take it out on you. And I apologize especially to Q. This is his thread to show off his pride and joy. My entire day consisted of this very pissing contest! Sorry gang!!! :-[ Hoist! 8)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2007, 10:55:44 PM »

B B
B B

I must say this is some funny chit to listen to  :vrolijk_10: :laugh4:
Good entertainment :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_09:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 22 queries.