Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!  (Read 23392 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Big Daddy's Wheel Swap Pictorial !!!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2007, 10:58:59 PM »

B B, I gotta apologize to you and the other members. I had one of the worst days imaginable. Didn't mean to take it out on you. And I apologize especially to Q. This is his thread to show off his pride and joy. My entire day consisted of this very pissing contest! Sorry gang!!! :-[ Hoist! 8)

No problemo amigo, but don't apologize to Q  He laughs his butt off at some of these wizzin contests. The fact that you gave me the chance on his thread was like freakin golden dude.  And by the way, sometimes you do actually make sense. Happy 3,000th post Howie

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2007, 11:01:13 PM »

No problemo amigo, but don't apologize to Q  He laughs his butt off at some of these wizzin contests. The fact that you gave me the chance on his thread was like freakin golden dude.  And by the way, sometimes you do actually make sense. Happy 3,000th post Howie

B B

Thanks B, the mood I'm in, I probably better sign off now, before I piss off the rest of the group! I think I'll pull a Harry and watch from the sidelines for awhile! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2007, 11:06:07 PM »

this is gonna be AJ's motto after the blower/turbo  Nos  kit Chip is building....  like the infrared thermometers.....point and shoot.
    I think the dual system has a piston stroke longer to supply the surface area of 4 pistons with the same pressure (2500psi?)   and the different orifice size is proportional to the piston Diameter.   dual vs single    piston dia vs orifice.  but    the wheels  are cool :2vrolijk_21: its a balance to achieve  INTERGRATION!

We don't need no stinkin' front breaks!

AJ )fastandbetterlookinthanrhino(

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »

With the paint on.

This is just awesome John. Hope it isn't too long before I can see it in the flesh again. You know when I look at this picture of your bike, and think of Neal's and then go check out Elvis and all three bikes are essentially the same motorcycle, I understand this passion we all have for what we do. It's incredible that three bikes so alike can be so different. Harley-Davidson rules and they don't call em Road KINGS for nothin. Please post some close up shots of the wheels such as where the rims and tires meet, the hubs etc. I'd like to see some of the detail in these wheels you and Grover have talked about

B B

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »

All this talk about orifices along with singing & dancing seems to be off subject. Maybe should be on a singles forum :huepfenlol2:

The talk about single disc is a moot point on Q's wheels. When the order is placed for wheels, they need to know if you want it machined for single or dual disc. Johns are machined for dual disc, so if he removes the right rotor the hub wont look right. You'll see the mounting holes for the rotor and it will look unfinished. That is unless he has a tapered end cap specially machined to finish it off. IMHO not worth it & won't look right.

Q's wheels look great as is. They have matching "shredder" rotors they go with the theme of the bike as well as his personality.

I've seen Q ride and he loves to haul ass and jam out. The man needs both rotors up front....That's a fast fact.  :2vrolijk_21:
Mark , thanks for the good words. And for the brake deal I don't know what I will do. If I remove 1 side I can get my dad to machine me a custon hub. But I will ride like it is first and you can see the wheels fine when your doing the typical walk around the bike like people do when they check out your scoot anyhow.  How much of the wheel will you see WFO on the highway anyway? And that 1 rotor was 200 clams!!!!  For now it stays and I like the stopping power,especially when you have precious cargo riding with you.  ;)   Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »

Hey BD - I have just sat and read this thread all the way through. Great job on the bike, she looks schweet !

Not too sure about what was going on with the hydrodynamics debate, but it sure gave me a giggle on a wet Saturday afternoon in England.

Make sure you have plenty of good quality chrome polish, we don't want those babies getting tarnished now do we.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

BigD-
The pictures of the upgrade in progress and the end result look really nice!   :2vrolijk_21:

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

I think I smell something burning.

Howie must be thinking, and planning on what to do for the BIG 3000. :apple:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »

That was fun.

Ive never had a chance to see before and after pics and I'm amazed at how much of a difference in appearance those rims give your bike, really an outstanding look. I am also (like Ceej) looking forward to a update in the future to see what you think of the way the bike feels with those beauties.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »

John...man, the wheels look great on the bike!!  It really changes the entire look of the bike, and I think you made an excellent choice for your bike.

I wouldn't be concerned with the whole rotor thing...the only time they cover the middle is when you're looking straight at them, and nobody gets that view anyway.  On a walkaround, they're going to see the total package and it's lookin' might fine to my eyes!!

I know you're glad the whole thing is done now, though I've got a feeling you're not done quite yet  ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »

Graet pic before and aft. :2vrolijk_21: Wheels sure make a cool ride.Thanks for sharing :coolblue:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2007, 11:14:07 AM »

Nice John.  REAL nice  :2vrolijk_21: !!

I was gone for a few days and didn't even see the new thread here until this morning.  It is great you finally got the parts home.  And it's a BEAUTIFUL difference on the bike.  Man that looks sweet.

Congrats on finally getting it all home and on getting it all buttoned up on the bike so quickly.  You've got a lot there to be proud of Q.  Ride it happy and ride it hard.  Because you know that's what something that looks that good deserves.

Congrats again.  Looks just amazing.  Can't wait to see it again up close some time.

Damn that's sweet........

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

Thanks Don! I think so too. :bananarock:
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2007, 04:24:09 PM »

Since the discussion is going on about single calipers and master cylinders etc. it might be worthwhile to check this thread on brakes:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12002.0;topicseen

Sure makes one think about some new brakes.

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2007, 08:38:07 AM »

BigDaddy:

What were the pros and cons you dealt with in deciding on what size rims and tires for your scoot?
2005 Cherry SEEG-
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.