Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: tail of the dragon from NJ  (Read 3865 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

tail of the dragon from NJ
« on: June 02, 2020, 09:36:22 PM »

With all thats been going on up here I needed a haircut. So every things closed in NJ so I decided to go south to get it done. While planning the trip I remembered I always wanted to go to the tail of the dragon. So I packed my bike and took off on a Tuesday at about 1130 am. I left late cause I had to make my Unemployment claim.  So the first thing I did was Skyline drive in Va then down 81 to 129 and to the tail. the first 3 miles was good on the tail until I left the overlook thats when the skies opened up. So I did the tail in the rain. It was good nice drive hardly anyone on it. I never got passed and didn't get behind anyone going way to slow.  From there I went to asheville NC got a hotel and got up the next day and got a haircut and headed home. got home Thursday night around 1000. 1600 mile trip not to bad until I had a premonition to check the oil in Richmond VA and it was 3 quarts low in about 1300 mile since I left for my trip. I put oil in at Richmond harley they said I would be good to get home now bikes in NJ at Barbs and they are checking it out. Still in factory warranty till next month thank god. I'll post pics later.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: tail of the dragon from NJ
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 08:50:01 AM »

Nice haircut trip😎... Keep us posted on what’s wrong with your bike.... I have my thoughts on what it is, but will wait to hear what Barbs come up with..

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 09:05:32 AM »

:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:10:42 AM »

Why do you want to see pics of his haircut?
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:14:33 AM »

Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »

Well played sir.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »

Well played sir.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

x2
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »

oh damn that pic was upside down. Any way i tried. That was after my haircut.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 04:01:17 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 04:02:05 PM »

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 08:54:23 PM »

Awesome pictures 😎

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 12:39:58 AM »

ya coulda rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from WAYNESBORO,Va to Maggie Valley or at least to Asheville,NC. jus sayin
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 07:48:56 AM »

I saw that once I got home. Next time I'll do that. I only had about 3 days to try to get it done. Poor planning of the trip but i had a great trip.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »

ya coulda rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from WAYNESBORO,Va to Maggie Valley or at least to Asheville,NC. jus sayin
Ray who in the world wants to ride that far running 45mph?

BigLew
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.