Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16518 times)

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 04:52:38 AM »

Just saw this thread.  That candy-brandy flamed paint scheme is my all time favorite HD paint set also.  Just love that set of tins.

Mine was a labor of fun that went in to (probably) way too much detail for any sanity's sake.  So pleased you enjoyed the effort.  I know the other bike you mentioned also.  He had it down here once and we did a little work to it.  Saddles should make your butt happy first.  After that chase the looks until your heart/butt is content.

I get the feeling you're going to have a long term fun bike and project ahead of you.  Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks. Yes, it will definitely be a long term project, with the intention to keep the bike running every summer. We have cold winters here in Norway, that means the bike will sit still at least from october to march, so I will have plenty of time to make improvements. And in the summer, I can chase the missing parts.

One of my favourite mods on your bike is the powdercoated frame, a feature I have admired ever since I first saw the original Fat Boy in 1990, and something that has been a CVO trademark since the very beginning of the CVO lineup. I will probably never have the patience to do that on my bike, but it's a long term dream, so maybe one winter I will have the guts to tear the bike apart...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 07:08:02 AM »

Thanks. Yes, it will definitely be a long term project, with the intention to keep the bike running every summer. We have cold winters here in Norway, that means the bike will sit still at least from october to march, so I will have plenty of time to make improvements. And in the summer, I can chase the missing parts.

One of my favourite mods on your bike is the powdercoated frame, a feature I have admired ever since I first saw the original Fat Boy in 1990, and something that has been a CVO trademark since the very beginning of the CVO lineup. I will probably never have the patience to do that on my bike, but it's a long term dream, so maybe one winter I will have the guts to tear the bike apart...

However far you choose to go with it is no great matter.  Do what you want as you want and you feel comfortable.  The work will get easier and more familiar every time and the bike will become more yours with each task.  Have fun.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 09:16:11 AM »

Tried to lower the rear mount on the saddlebag guards. Now they are parallell to the bottom of the bags, they no longer interfere with the flames. Better, but Im still not sure I will keep them on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »

Tried to lower the rear mount on the saddlebag guards. Now they are parallell to the bottom of the bags, they no longer interfere with the flames. Better, but Im still not sure I will keep them on.

I've liked and used those rear guards against solid color bags.  Don't think I could make myself use them to clutter up the flames on a candy-brandy SERK.  Be like putting steel bars between you and a pretty girl.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

Be like putting steel bars between you and a pretty girl.

They will come off. You persuaded me.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »

Saddlebag guards are off. And the bike looks a lot better. I also put on the V&H exhaust that came with the bike. But now I need two new filler strips. The ones on the bike has been cut to allow space for the guards... I guess I'll go for some chrome ones until a set in brandywine shows up for sale. Or maybe a decent painter could match the color? Both purple ones and anniversary gold are available on the bay, but no brandywine ones.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »

I also had to try on the passenger pillion and backrest that I got with the bike. They look like they have never been used. Both solo seat and passenger pillion are from Corbin, but I wonder if the backrest is a HD piece since it has the HD V-logo on the back?

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 10:01:01 AM »

Back:

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 10:06:39 AM »

Saddlebag guards are off. And the bike looks a lot better. I also put on the V&H exhaust that came with the bike. But now I need two new filler strips. The ones on the bike has been cut to allow space for the guards... I guess I'll go for some chrome ones until a set in brandywine shows up for sale. Or maybe a decent painter could match the color? Both purple ones and anniversary gold are available on the bay, but no brandywine ones.

YES! Looks much better!

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 10:14:38 AM »

However, in the future I want to go back to the (somewhat) original look, and get a seat with the correct stingray inlays. Preferably to a solo+pillion either from Corbin or from C&C, or if I can find a good original 2002 seat that will also do.

So when this NOS back rest showed up for sale I just had to have it. It was mislabeled and the seller didn't know what it was for. But I took a chance that it was the correct stingray type. And I believe it is  ;D

I know the "sissy bar mount" came in different heights, and I'm not sure the one I have is the stock height. Somehow it looks higher than on some pictures of original bikes, but it might just be the pad that is on now that is bigger.

Backrest will stay in the box until I find a seat to go with it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2020, 07:21:22 PM »

Brandywine OE parts are made from unobtanium.  Something you just never see.  However......

House of Kolor's Candy Brandywine is really really close.  Since part of the match is the art of the painter it may even be the same stuff.  This is the color the painter locally used when I added my tour pak and again when I switch from the original equipment to the extended saddlebags.

The painter kept an original piece so he could practice a little with number of coats, pressure, etc.  But he got a really good match with no other mixing.  Nailed it with just application methods. 

https://www.amazon.com/House-Kolor-KBC01-4Z-BRANDYWINE-Bottle/dp/B00EAZXV8Y?th=1

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »

And, oh yeah, that looks a lot better!  :2vrolijk_21:

Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »

Do you know why it doesn't have the original SE dash?
2002 Road King Classic (117ci  (CR 10.62:1 / 
S&S 4 3/8” Flywheel / Baisley Superstock Plus Heads (83cc 1.94” I / 1.630” E)
4.125" Axtell cylinders / 4.125” JE -0.10" dished
0.030" Head Gasket / TMan 625G cam /
HPI 55mm TB / HPI 5.3 Injectors / Trask Assault A/C / FM Jackpot RTX 2-1

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2020, 08:13:43 PM »

Do you know why it doesn't have the original SE dash?

It and that big horn cover you see.  Part of the fad 15 years ago.  I think Harley made the original dash obsolete a couple years ago also.  If that's correct just have to watch for used that's either good or good enough to be plated. 

The 1550 rear fender emblem placed up high isn't normal either.  That emblem belongs down low on the fender below the license plate.  With the solo seat installed I've done the same thing though.  Using the emblem to cover the rear mount hole for the seat and with the huge rear plate his MoT requires it's not like you could see the cool 1550 emblem down there anyway.  So might as well move it up where you can enjoy it.  Stuff like that is too anyone's individual taste. 

Would be nice to find a correct dash for it though.  Those were only used on the 02, 03 and 07 SERKs.  Always thought they were a good looking piece.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 08:15:29 PM by Twolanerider »

PBSTN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »

Beautiful bike. Congrats.
2001 flhr-traded
2010 fltrx-sold
2010 flhr
2003 flhrsei2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.