Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16513 times)

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »

Changed out the ET-sensor and after some days the error code disappeared. Manual says it needs around 50 start/stop sequences to erase a historic error code so it took some time. Took a short trip and it seems the misfire is gone. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »

That's  good news.  Have to love it when the fixes are simple and at least relatively easy on the wallet.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »

Yes, the special 2007 ignition switch ring and ignition switch are restricted parts.  As of last fall the ring was still available for purchase though.  Watch for an 07 bike on eBay and borrow its VIN number to make your purchase.

Got the dash today, and after some cleanup the chrome turned out really nice. However the ignition switch ring is so faded I'd really like a new one. Tried to order one via a european dealer (cannot order from a US one due to H-D's export restrictions) but just having a 2007 VIN wasn't enough. they required a "proof of ownership" as well. Guess I need some help from a 2007 owner for that one.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2020, 05:51:00 AM »

Test fitted the dash, and it was a small nightmare to get the wires to lay where they should. That is, until I tried to place them between the dash and the two clips, that initially only held the gasket, so the clips would also hold the wires in place. I guess that is how it was suppose to be, because then everything went on flawlessly.

But it is now obvious that I need to do something about the seat...

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2020, 05:52:23 AM »

And a pic that shows the faded ignition switch ring:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2020, 05:42:11 AM »

Late night browsing on the ebay is kind of dangerous...

I found a seat advertised as a "CVO Road King Corbin Classic Solo" so I bought it in a bit of a rush. But upon checking the markings on the seat I became a little confused.

Seat bottom says "HD-FLH F4 CVO". Couldn't find that seat on the Corbin Website, but I found it on a german Corbin retailers site, stating it is for the 2004/05 SEEG (CVO Electra Glide). Then, after some searching I found it to be a relatively good fit for the SERK, definitely a better fit than the Road King Corbin seat I currently have. Actually I found several postings on this forum regarding these seats and the compatibility between SEEG, SERK and also regular FLHX seats. Seems the dash of all these bikes are of similar length. So I guess the seller had the seat on his SERK and just assumed it was made for that bike. Seat is currently in the mail, and I'm curious to se how it will actually fit. But it looks good in the pics. I also kind of like the chrome rail, we'll se if I keep that. Also, the rumors travel pretty fast, so a fellow Road King owner here in Norway has already commented that he would like to buy my old Corbin seat, so  hopefully the new seat will be a nice fit.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2020, 10:06:11 PM »

You will be fine. The nose of the saddles for the '04-05 SEEGs are a good match to the SERK dash.  If you've seen a picture of the solo saddle on mine that is a SEEG saddle.

The Corbin Solo seats come in both a close and a standard variant. Your part number will be a standard. Mine is a close. that means mine is a little closer to the windshield and a little lower. That's just the seat pocket though. The fitment against the dash would be the same on both.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2020, 10:07:29 PM »

Just looked at your picture again and it appears your saddle has the place in the back for the backrest. The Corbin backrests are really nice for longer days. Just something to keep in mind when you want to take advantage of short summers and ride all day long.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2020, 05:17:25 AM »

Just looked at your picture again and it appears your saddle has the place in the back for the backrest. The Corbin backrests are really nice for longer days. Just something to keep in mind when you want to take advantage of short summers and ride all day long.

Thats one of the things I'm a little curious about. I have a backrest on my current Corbin, but Ive seen two different versions of the mount. One is a square rod and the other is a flat piece of steel. I have the square one and I hope the new seat is the same. Looks like it based on the hole in the leather flap. Haven't used the backrest much around town, but it was nice on the long way home when I bought the bike some 300 miles away.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2020, 07:24:51 AM »

And as I was writing the previous message, I got a text message from my local post office that the package was ready for pickup. Naturally I rushed down and collected it. After a quick test fit a couple of issues became clear. But first the good news. The fit against the dash is very good. I really like this:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2020, 07:31:10 AM »

The seat didn'c come with a bracket. This seat has the newer Corbin lock system, and fortunately the key was present. The bracket however was not. Upon reading the ebay ad more closely, there is no bracket in the photos, nor is it mentioned in the text either so I guess that is my fault not checking better. Anyways, I need a bracket. I sent an email to Corbin, but that will probably take some time, so in the meantime I will have to come up with something clever. It's not a very complicated bracket to fabricate, but in order to get the seat exactly where it should be it will be some trial and error I guess. The locking pin was in fact there so I only need to fabricate the bracket itself.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2020, 07:33:38 AM »

This is the bracket I need so if anyone have one I'd really appreciate some measurements...

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2020, 07:36:43 AM »

Another issue is the edge of the seat where it meets the saddlebag guards. I guess the SEEG doesn't have the guards, because the edge of the seat is straight and not curved around the guard like on my old seat.

I suppose I will have to loosen the seat cover and remove some of the edge in order to make it fit properly.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2020, 07:38:39 AM »

Because of the saddlebag guards the seat also sits too high in the rear, this will also be better when I modify the seat:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »

And as you can see, the old backrest also matched perfectly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.