Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding OEM Vanted Fairings  (Read 2163 times)

CVO_BAGR

• '00 FLTRSEI_'04 FLHTCSE_'09 FLTRSE3_CHRIS BOYETTE
    • NC

• CVO1: FLTRSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: FLTRSE3
    • Facebook
Adding OEM Vanted Fairings
« on: October 25, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »

Hey Guys, Long time since I have posted here ha ha ... I have been a member since 2005 when I purchased my 2004 FLHTCSE new but have since acquired a used, one owner 2000 and 2009 CVO Road Glide. I am interested in swapping out the unknown aftermarket lower non vented fairings that came on the 09 with factory vented lowers so I can add speaker pods. I want to use factory and not aftermarket stuff so I need to make sure I order the right parts and am seeking advice from someone who has already done that to this 09. I think I want to do Rushmore factory lowers and pods and grills and put an aftermarket speaker behind the grill. Can someone who has swapped out to actual factory stuff please share what you did so I know it will work and what stuff you used. Thanks in advance !! Chris

robertg

• Full CVO Member
Re: Adding OEM Vanted Fairings
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »

I know the fairing brackets changed in. 2010 or so to accommodate the new style lowers. The fairing sits higher and is tilted forward.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Adding OEM Vanted Fairings
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »

I did this swap to my 09 Road Glide back in October 2009. Just after the 2010's came out and I figured out they had vented lowers. You need the right and left lower fairing mounts that fasten to the crash bar and the big part is the fairing to frame mount. I don't remember exactly but it was about $100.00 at the time total. I do remember Fort Myers store had them in stock and I road down after work and picked them up, they stayed open waiting for me. Very nice guys. I also added a quick disconnect lower kit that HD sold at the time that included split ring lower fairing mounts to allow you to remove without a wrench, I think.
Pretty easy job, label the connections as you dis connet them and then just plug everything back up. We did it on a sunday morning. Took about 4 hours taking our time.
After going to all this I hardly ever used the lowers and never closed the vents when I did use them. Wouldn't do it again. Bike, to me, was uncomfortably hot with them on and it had been professionally tuned and had been decated.
Depends on where you live I guess.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.