Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E Bikes  (Read 1038 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
E Bikes
« on: November 21, 2021, 12:42:12 AM »

Has anyone bought the Serial 1 E Bike by Harley Davidson yet !! or any other E Bike if so how do U like them. ?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: E Bikes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:49:16 AM »

Babe and I have been riding the Rad Rovers for a couple of years.  They are a 4" fat tire bike so you can ride them in the dirt, the snow, etc.  We take them with us when we're traveling so we've rode them in many states, all the way up to Maine and back.  Andy and Sherry have them also.....ride them on the beach.

The Rads are a Class II ebike so they can be rode on any trails that a regular bike is allowed.  They're not considered a motorized vehicle like the Class III  ebikes.

Although ebikes are heavy (75 lbs each) Babe has mastered hers.  They now make a step through model of Rad Rover and I've offered to get Babe one of those but she says she's fine with it.  I believe that Andy and Sherry have the step through models.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 09:51:54 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »

I took this photo here in the desert....

The 1 Up Super Duty is rated for two ebikes and very easy to load and unload the bikes....however, you will need to add the fat tire spacers.  The mfg. will install them on the racks if you request it in writing at the time that you place your order.  You have to order a spacer kit for each bike (2 spacer kits)

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-super-duty-double-bike-rack/

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/fat-tire-spacer-kit/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 01:28:01 AM »

Thanks! Lou & Terri have the Rads also, we're looking at them or the Aventon's I like the looks of the Serial 1 but way to expensive. What bike's did Andy get ??

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 05:25:05 AM »

Andy and Sherry have the Rad Rover just like Babe and I.  Don & Carole Davidson also have ebikes but they have a much higher end ebike.  I think there's are $5k-$7k each. 

I've rode Don's a few times.  With the Rad Rover we can pedal, pedal assist or just throttle.  With Don's & Carole's it's pedal or pedal assist only....no throttle but I think there's goes faster than 20 mph.

They're a lot of fun and you'll find that you'll ride much, much further than you ever thought you would.  A 20-30 mile ride is not unusual.  They don't have a lot of torque climbing steeper grades for me (220 lbs.) but Babe doesn't even have to pedal going up hill and she still passes me.

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.