Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vibration in first and third gear  (Read 858 times)

WolfCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Vibration in first and third gear
« on: June 28, 2022, 04:03:43 PM »

All, New member here. I have a '15 CVO SG, 47k miles, all service is documented. Recently I started noticing a vibration in 1st and 3rd gears. Also when letting out clutch it's not as smooth. Is my clutch worn out? My fluid was changed in clutch. But still have noise. Any suggestions?

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Vibration in first and third gear
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 06:54:48 PM »

If the Chain is out of adjustment with too much up and down movement will cause vibration at a particular RPM. Different gears put different loads that also varies.  I would look at that 1st. If it was the clutch basket or transmission Mainshaft it would cause vibration in any gear. Hope thus helps

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Vibration in first and third gear
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 04:08:27 PM »

All, New member here. I have a '15 CVO SG, 47k miles, all service is documented. Recently I started noticing a vibration in 1st and 3rd gears. Also when letting out clutch it's not as smooth. Is my clutch worn out? My fluid was changed in clutch. But still have noise. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!

What do you mean by not as smooth when letting the clutch out?

I just replaced the clutch plates on my 2015 that has 90k miles as routine maintenance. The old plates still had a lot of material left on them. This surprised me since I ride the friction zone pretty hard.

I would change the transmission fluid and look for metal chips.

Do the same for the primary.

Good luck and let us know if what you find out.

Cat

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.