Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pickup loader for bikes  (Read 1813 times)

Robbie52

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Pickup loader for bikes
« on: September 14, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »

Anyone have any experience/recommendations for a bike loader for pickups. I would prefer one that is easy to install and remove from pickup bed. Thanks

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Pickup loader for bikes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 09:03:20 PM »

I have personally never used one but used to know a guy who owned a Rampage Unit. I remember it weighed about 325# so install and removal requires 3 guys or the use of a engine lift, or similar to get it in the bed of the truck. It was designed for a 8 foot bed but would work in shorter trucks. The weight of the unit when added to the weight of a Ultra will approach the suggested max load of most pick-ups and when used in a half ton the weight is pretty high and he told me you were very aware of the weight at all times when driving.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 06:04:05 AM »

I have personally never used one but used to know a guy who owned a Rampage Unit. I remember it weighed about 325# so install and removal requires 3 guys or the use of a engine lift, or similar to get it in the bed of the truck. It was designed for a 8 foot bed but would work in shorter trucks. The weight of the unit when added to the weight of a Ultra will approach the suggested max load of most pick-ups and when used in a half ton the weight is pretty high and he told me you were very aware of the weight at all times when driving.
I can agree 100% with this statement. I had one for a while. Great unit but a pain in the ass to remove from the truck when you didn't want it in there.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 07:41:20 AM »

I also agree on the Rampage. I have one now....real pain when you don't want it in the bed. Didn't really feel the weight that much in my 3/4 ton and the truck rode smoother with the weight in the bed. You can leave it in all the time in an 8ft bed, but it does limit the use of the bed while installed. With a 6.5' you will not be able to close the tailgate...

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.