Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

FLHTCUSE3 Electra Glide CVO 2008 questions

<< < (2/3) > >>

longlast:
It's a good idea to upgrade the inner cam bearings to full compliment bearings (pic on the left is the upgrade right is the HD bearing)  the HD bearings have been known to fail resulting in major costly repairs for an Inexpensive upgrade, also get rid of the HD primary chain auto tensioner they can over tighten the chain resulting in clutch hub and inner primary case bearing for the transmission input shaft to fail resulting in costly repairs, again inexpensive upgrade to prevent an expensive repair. 
A good tensioner is the Hayden M6 primary tensioner it will maintain the primary chain tension and absorbs the chains deflection on acceleration and deceleration. It will remove any possibility of the chain over tightening and maintain the chains correct deflection.
Enjoy your ride be safe.

longlast:

mbracing:

--- Quote from: longlast on March 11, 2023, 08:58:16 PM ---.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Longlast
Where it is possible to order the upgraded bearings and all the other parts like the chain tensioner?
Kind regards
mbracing

longlast:

--- Quote from: mbracing on March 17, 2023, 06:06:05 AM ---Thank you Longlast
Where it is possible to order the upgraded bearings and all the other parts like the chain tensioner?
Kind regards
mbracing

--- End quote ---

This pic is the info for the cams inner casings bearings, the link is ebay Hayden M6 primary tensioner,..you can ebay them at your end these are just a reference.for you, also the pic shows the bearings size needed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385168821776?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kaplb5cvsis&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Qci7dL0sRO-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Grizzly:
Congrats on your new ride... A very wise choice if I do say so myself!   ;D

I've had my Duracell since new and now have 175,000+ K's on the dial and she runs like a champ, "touch wood".   :2vrolijk_21:

Always had regular maintenance, on schedule, from authorized H-D shops, and no major concerns, again "touch wood".

I wish you all the very best for many, many happy worry free and safe miles ahead.

Cheers,
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version