CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

2024 CVO Models

<< < (2/15) > >>

TN:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on January 16, 2024, 07:50:06 AM ---Well if there is a CVO Pan America Special, I wonder if it just comes with the extras like the painers and top case?  Will it have fancy paint and such and be more road oriented?  Sure wouldn't want to take one with a fancier paint job off road.  In know I have dropped mine more than once.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts on a CVO adventure bike prolly doesn't need to be heard. If I was 20 years younger I’d consider a PanAm but not a CVO PanAm.

BigLew55:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on January 16, 2024, 07:50:06 AM ---Well if there is a CVO Pan America Special, I wonder if it just comes with the extras like the painers and top case?  Will it have fancy paint and such and be more road oriented?  Sure wouldn't want to take one with a fancier paint job off road.  In know I have dropped mine more than once.

--- End quote ---
I have a GSA that will be up for replacement next year.  It's my Rally bike, so it sees a lot of miles, and they are mostly highway.  The reason I'm not looking toward the Pan Am yet is that it competes with the GS (non Adventure), and the bigger tank not only provides more range, it provides a TON more weather protection.  I don't think I would select a CVO model to replace it either, because how much it gets abused.  I am kinda hoping that the CVO will introduce a larger tank to match the 7.9 on the GSA, that would then trickle down to a pedestrian PanAm.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: TN on January 16, 2024, 08:44:01 AM ---My thoughts on a CVO adventure bike prolly doesn't need to be heard. If I was 20 years younger I’d consider a PanAm but not a CVO PanAm.

--- End quote ---

I do wish Harley would have come out with this earlier.  I was 58 when I bought mine in 2021.  This bike will wear you out off road.  I spent 5 days in CO at 10,000 feet and above riding it off road 8 hours a day.  I was spent at the end of each day, it's physically demanding.  This bike is a blast on road and fun off road.

--- Quote from: BigLew55 on January 16, 2024, 09:06:19 AM ---I have a GSA that will be up for replacement next year.  It's my Rally bike, so it sees a lot of miles, and they are mostly highway.  The reason I'm not looking toward the Pan Am yet is that it competes with the GS (non Adventure), and the bigger tank not only provides more range, it provides a TON more weather protection.  I don't think I would select a CVO model to replace it either, because how much it gets abused.  I am kinda hoping that the CVO will introduce a larger tank to match the 7.9 on the GSA, that would then trickle down to a pedestrian PanAm.

--- End quote ---
Okay, your assessment does make sense.  A bigger tank would be nice for rally purposes or if your primary purpose was on road.

acevtwin:

--- Quote from: BigLew55 on December 02, 2023, 03:31:08 PM ---I have only heard one utterance, but it was about a super shiny dirt bike.... so far, nothing to substantiate it....

--- End quote ---
You can see a Pan Am in the background of the teaser shot.
Ugh...

BigLew55:

--- Quote from: acevtwin on January 17, 2024, 02:24:05 PM ---You can see a Pan Am in the background of the teaser shot.
Ugh...

--- End quote ---
They have a new teaser video out today that features a Pan Am of some sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version