Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Wife Recovering  (Read 7093 times)

Tros

Re: Wife Recovering
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »

My thoughts & prayers are with you both Fuzzy.  I've had a concussion with a helmet on.  I'm glad she was wearing one. 

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:22:42 PM »

Fuzzy,
The only thing that hurts more than going down is having a loved one go down. Best wishes to both of you from momma & me. Heal fast, love much, ride forever.

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »

Fuzzy,
Best wishes for your wife's speedy recover. Hope both of you are doing better !

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 12:15:22 AM »

So sorry to hear of your wife's accident.  Stuff happens, and happens fast while we are riding sometimes.  I have had a concussion - nothing to do with riding - or driving for that matter, and I did not know where I worked, where I lived what I did for a living, who I was ============= lots of not knowing.  Took months to get all the memories back.  Actually, there is no way of knowing what I got back or what I will never know that I don't know.  Head injuries are bad.  So happy to hear your wife was wearing a helmut.  May she recover quickly, and come back with a passion to ride more.  She will learn how to take mechanical probs in stride.  Now re the mechanical problems.................... WTF is wrong with getting these shifters to hold up.  Hopefully we find a cure and soon.   :cherry:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »

Sorry to hear about your wife.  I will say a prayer for a speedy recovery sounds like it could have been alot worse.  I to have lost 2 shift lever from a bike that had just been serviced.  My solution was to do the work myself or if they do it go home and remove the shifter and add blue loctite and have never lost a lever since.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »

I am very sorry to hear of your wife's injury.  That ride to the hospital while your wife was in the helicopter must have been a real white knuckler, not knowing.  I wish her a speedy recovery from all of her injuries.

Its shocking to me to see how many have had the same problem with something that seems so basic and seems like it should rarely if ever fail.  I am going to follow Mr. Magoo's lead with the blue loctite.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »

Fuzzy, my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you for her speedy recovery. 

Truly fortunate to have the medical facilities and Life Flight systems we have here.  Thank God she was wearing a helmet.

I think WFP was the latest to have a shifter issue, don't recall the detail but it's in the SEEG thread on Kansas City GTG.  Found it, his stripped out on that trip. 
Plus my shifter linkage has stripped...bringing it to the dealer tomorrow...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:48:04 AM by Rjob749 »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »

Wow, sorry for the accident.
Hope your wife heals quickly with no lasting effects.
Our prayers will be with her and your family.

I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones? I had a Fatboy for 9 years before this CUSE and so far no shifter problems. I always hand wash my bikes and check for loose fittings and Locktite everything I can too. Sorry your wife had a problem with hers.

FUZZY

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »

The replies here leave me with a feeling that can't be voiced effectively. A young engaged couple that witnessed the accident going the opposite direction & came back to the scene. They were very shaken & concerned as they asked my friend to let them known how she was. I have communicated with them via email & their interest for the well being of a complete stranger restores faith in mankind as does this site. You all are very much appreciated. When she feels a little better I will show her this thread. :2vrolijk_21:
2007 FLHTCUSE2
2007FLHX

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

my Shifter problem was different...not the heel and toe arms themselves but the inner riser to the shifter linkage from that same spline shaft.  The set screw threads were a little worn and would allow it to fall off....I added a zip tie which kept it on but then allowed the spline threads to wear as it loosened later.

One thing I will have checked is the status of the motor mounts...I noticed a significant amount of vibration in the shifter as I let my toe touch it after having the dealer replace the spline shaft and riser.  Shaking and baking could contribute to the loosening.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »

Fuzzy;
Your wife and you are in my thoughts, I can't imagine the horror you must have felt when you came back to the scene. I hope for a speedy recovery for her.

harleydiva

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 03:16:16 PM »

So sorry to hear of your wife's accident and glad to hear that her injuries weren't extensive.  I'm glad to hear she had on a helmet.  I hope that she is well soon. 

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 07:35:12 PM »

FUZZY
SORRY FOR THE WIFES ACCIDENT. HOPE SHE RECOVERS SOON. 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

FUZZY

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »

Went to see the bike today. The shifter was in the saddlebag. It had the bolt in it & ir was tight. The splines were good on it & the shaft. Figure that out? :nixweiss:
2007 FLHTCUSE2
2007FLHX

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »

Those more knowledgeable than I can weigh in on the shifter but it's a screwy affair there. It's off in the bag and it's not stripped. Hmm. You had a previous problem and the tech dealt with it. Hmm. I would NOT attempt to turn the allen bolt which clamps it tight. Something's amiss. I can tell you that the splines on my first stripped shifter shaft were obviously stripped as was the lever itself. The second go round on the current bike the lever stripped and the shaft was fine. Any chance you tried to slide the tightened lever onto the shaft?

Hope the wife's head is better and that she's able to take some decent pain meds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.