Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Standard RK Windshield on the FLHRSE3?  (Read 1776 times)

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
Standard RK Windshield on the FLHRSE3?
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:13:22 AM »

Have no major issues with the stock FLHRSE3 screen (Wear a full face), though can see value getting a larger screen for longer highway trips.  I checked the windshield message thread here but it still isn't clear to me.  Most of the time I'll be riding with the small stock screen, so my interest is buying a standard Road King screen and placing it on the existing windshield hardware/brackets when I know I have some highway miles before me.  Will it fit?  Anyone have confirmation or direction for me on this?  Thanks,

Steve

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Standard RK Windshield on the FLHRSE3?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »

Huge difference between a Windshield and your Wind Deflector
Your current Wind Deflector for SERK3 is a 7 hole lexan screen and most replacement windshields are 5 hole

If I am reading this post correctly, that will be a lot of labor to switch out lexan screens with stock Wind Deflector bracket each time
But hey if your looking to saving some coins I guess that would work OK ....hmmmm maybe saving $180 coins to reuse bracket each time

IMHO I would just buy a Road King® Detachable King-Size Windshield - Mid-Low Profile 58325-06 for MSRP US $324.95
And if you buy at a discount HD dealer like Chicago HD take another 20%

I would venture to guess once you start using a Windshield vs. the Wind Deflector that the Windshield is used the greatest % of time

jeffj

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »

personally i would't use anything but a full size winshield, but thats just me. and when i have freedom of choice i wear no lid.

stock screen is fer chit.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 02:20:50 PM »

I have a 22" RK screen on my SERK3.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 02:28:09 PM »

Huge difference between a Windshield and your Wind Deflector
Your current Wind Deflector for SERK3 is a 7 hole lexan screen and most replacement windshields are 5 hole

If I am reading this post correctly, that will be a lot of labor to switch out lexan screens with stock Wind Deflector bracket each time
But hey if your looking to saving some coins I guess that would work OK ....hmmmm maybe saving $180 coins to reuse bracket each time

IMHO I would just buy a Road King® Detachable King-Size Windshield - Mid-Low Profile 58325-06 for MSRP US $324.95
And if you buy at a discount HD dealer like Chicago HD take another 20%

I would venture to guess once you start using a Windshield vs. the Wind Deflector that the Windshield is used the greatest % of time

jeffj

Exactly as Jeff said. Just base the model windshield on your height. There are various sizes of the HD complete detachable windshield assemblies. Get the height that fits you best. They all fit the stock SERK detachable mountings. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 07:05:09 PM »

Exactly as Jeff said. Just base the model windshield on your height. There are various sizes of the HD complete detachable windshield assemblies. Get the height that fits you best. They all fit the stock SERK detachable mountings. Hoist! 8)

Great.  Gonna tip toe through the P&A catalog.  Guess that is what I was looking for... an RK shield fitting the SERK detachable mountings so I can swap screens easily.  Thanks.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »

this maybe faster and easier to read

http://www.harley-davidson.com/browse/browse_products.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309175541&bmUID=1180393633235&bmLocale=en_US

link to all windshields that fit your scoot, happy hunting

jeffj

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »

You may ask a couple of dealers if they have any used RK detachable frames off a trashed bike. Mine had one, and being stainless steel , I was able to polish it back to looking like new and order a standard RK replacement light tinted windshield for it. Looks great on the bike and a heck of a lot more comfortable on the highway. Your glasses even stay on your face. :D

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »

You may ask a couple of dealers if they have any used RK detachable frames off a trashed bike. Mine had one, and being stainless steel , I was able to polish it back to looking like new and order a standard RK replacement light tinted windshield for it. Looks great on the bike and a heck of a lot more comfortable on the highway. Your glasses even stay on your face. :D

I did this too. My Dealer gave me an old 5 hole RK windshield for free and then I ordered a 19" Clearview screen with a light grey tint and a top recurve. Screen looks great and the whole thing only cost me about $100.

Have a peak on the Clearview site for more info.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.