Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!  (Read 70480 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »

Change can be good sometimes Hoist.  Each dealer is different and I bet your new one knows about the troubles with the old one.

If they are a good dealer, it will not repeat.

Seriously Bro, very best of luck on this one.

The new one is made up of many people that came from the old one when they changed Ownership 4 years ago. that's why I know some of these guys. That should help a little. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »

Howie,
We are all behind you here.
No freak'n excuse for crap like this.
I hope Willie and the boys get ahold of this site and
maybe do some deep thinking.  Soon, we are all gonna go
elsewhere and not support the New Harley Davidson.
Sure wish I still had my 04 Road King Classic...I keep saying that now!!!
God Luck with the new Place.  Mine goes back in on the 10th.

TimBone

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »

I feel your pain.  I have a thread on my continuing electrical issues.

Makes me feel nearly as you.  Called them yesterday to follow up on how it was coming and the service advisor told me it is scheduled in on the 5th.  Wait a friggin minute, I just dropped it off after you giving it back to me two days ago repaired for electrical issues.  Now it has no head or taillight.

I think it ought to be in there right now.  Otherwise it will be an issue with the State, you and Harley as a lemon, given it has been there 3 time for the issue.

Got a call this AM from the service manager who is working on it (yet to confirm) says he'll have it Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Anyway, can't be a worse time than the ddays before the fourth, but that's their problem not mine, what?  They couldn't have known it gets busy in the summer where we have winter?

Oh well, good luck on yours Howie.  Rog

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

Howie,
We are all behind you here.
No freak'n excuse for crap like this.
I hope Willie and the boys get ahold of this site and
maybe do some deep thinking.  Soon, we are all gonna go
elsewhere and not support the New Harley Davidson.
Sure wish I still had my 04 Road King Classic...I keep saying that now!!!
God Luck with the new Place.  Mine goes back in on the 10th.

TimBone

Thanks a lot Tim and Rog. Right now, I don't GAS what they do. This is my last new HD. I'll get it done and done right, with or without them. They'll not see one red cent from me again, if I have any grief at all with these new guys! Now that I got my dream bike they can F off! Plenty of great parts out there to work with. And plenty of great indies too! But don't think I'll go away quietly! Ya'll know me better than that! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 03:08:56 PM »

Thanks a lot Tim and Rog. Right now, I don't GAS what they do. This is my last new HD. I'll get it done and done right, with or without them. They'll not see one red cent from me again, if I have any grief at all with these new guys! Now that I got my dream bike they can F off! Plenty of great parts out there to work with. And plenty of great indies too! But don't think I'll go away quietly! Ya'll know me better than that! ;) Hoist! 8)

OK, now wouldn't be a good time to bring up the 2 YR Warranty would it.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »

What are the Federal guidelines on 'Lemon Law'? Do we have recourse if something can't get fixed? How long does a manufacturer have to fix the problem? Does a problem have to occur three times in 3 months, 6 months,  a year? Three times since the first problem occured while under warranty? Does anyone know? (Roger???)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »

One of the fellows at our local dealer's parts dept said once to me "this isn't NAPA"..

Sorry to hear about your trouble Hoist.  You're doing the right thing in finding someone else.  It sounded encouraging a few days ago when the tech was excited about your build. 
Isn't that a wine valley?

Hoist - that's bad news pal.  We need a franchise between us - good service at good rates providing value for money :soapbox:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »

What are the Federal guidelines on 'Lemon Law'? Do we have recourse if something can't get fixed? How long does a manufacturer have to fix the problem? Does a problem have to occur three times in 3 months, 6 months,  a year? Three times since the first problem occured while under warranty? Does anyone know? (Roger???)

I dunno, but do all the guys with the bad paint on the 06 models get their new tins even yet? 

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »

Thanks iski, Chief, and Terry. But you gotta understand. This is NYC and they don't GAS! Customer coming first doesn't exist here! They have way too much business to GAS. If I leave, there's 10 more walking in to replace me. You can't hurt their business, so why should they GAS. This is well known here and one is worse than the next! I'm giving this guy a shot. Otherwise F HD Dealers and FTW! Been on my own for years not relying on these guys. Why start relying on them now. I ain't kissing nobody's ass just so I can get inferior service. They can take their w.....ty and stick it up their asses. I'll pay to get what I want if I have to, but not at no F'ing dealer, that's for sure! F them! I got my bike and I''l do what I want with it now!!! Hoist! 8)

It isn't just NYC, Howie.  That attitude is pretty much everywhere, and rampant at Rocket City Harley Davidson in Madison, AL.  Called down there this morning to see if they had the rubber strip that goes between the outer fairing and the fairing skirt.  Put me on hold.  10 minutes later, picked up the phone and put me on hold again.  I hung up.  Looks like I'll order this one and have it shipped to me.  Bottom line is, they're gonna get their money one way or another; therefore, they don't care how they get it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »

It is a state law, feds don't really get into it.

In Washington it is 3 attempts at repair, 30 days down, 2 attempts on safety item.......roughly.

Wouldn't cover a first attempt or a bad GAD attitude though.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 03:28:26 PM »

Thanks Gang.

F the lemon law. The bike's not a lemon, the dealer is!!! I ain't getting no gov't agency involved in my business until I'm ready to blow my brains out. I'm not up to that yet. I know what the bike needs. This ain't rocket science here. Like I said, it'll get done and done right! I ain't worried about that, just pissed at HD right now. Basically, like grc's signature reads! ;)

Hey Smiler, check this out. I wrote it a couple of weeks ago. Is this what you're talking about?

"I see this is a nationwide epidemic!  New shop opened up in town. Here's it's charter.

Our national repair service centers are dedicated to the proper care, maintenance and modifications to CVO HD's. It's been established for all those of you that care so much about your cherished CVO bikes, and know enough to do something about it. We do the job when it's promised and always do it right the first time. You can be assured that your bike was fully gone over by our trained CVO experts, insuring the very best possible service. We care about your rides as much as you guys do and will treat your bikes as if they were our own. We might not be the cheapest, but guaranty you that we are the absolute very best, and exist for you, our customer. We can perform any modification you want, get your bike running perfectly, have no problem maintaining your 2-Year W.....ty, and get it back to you clean and on time. This is our promise to our valued customers who are smart enough to have bought the very best!

Think it'll get any business?"

Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »

It isn't just NYC, Howie.  That attitude is pretty much everywhere, and rampant at Rocket City Harley Davidson in Madison, AL.  Called down there this morning to see if they had the rubber strip that goes between the outer fairing and the fairing skirt.  Put me on hold.  10 minutes later, picked up the phone and put me on hold again.  I hung up.  Looks like I'll order this one and have it shipped to me.  Bottom line is, they're gonna get their money one way or another; therefore, they don't care how they get it.

Lemon laws vary by state, if I'm not mistaken.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

General rules, but they do vary by state:

State Lemon Laws have some differences like coverage of motorcycles and used vehicles, but there are some basic guidelines that they do share. You will find individual state summaries HERE.
1) The laws define what a lemon car is and require that the manufacturer, not the dealer, takes care of the defects. If a number of attempts have been made to repair a defect that significantly impairs the use, value or safety of a car and the car continues to have this defect, the car is than considered to be a "lemon".
2) Most statutes set up a warranty rights period of either 12 to 24 months or 12,000 to 24,000 miles. The defect(s) must occur sometime during this period.

3) Many of the state laws contain specific guidelines as to what constitutes a sufficient number of attempts to repair, and whether these attempts entitle the consumer to a refund or replacement. These are:

a. If the defect is a serious safety defect involving brakes and or steering, the manufacturer is granted one attempt to repair.

b. If there is a safety defect that is not considered a serious safety defect,the manufacturer has two attempts to repair.

c. For any other defect, the manufacturer is usually given three or four chances to repair the same defect.

d. If at any time the vehicle is in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days in a one year period, with at least one of those days occurring the first 12,000 miles.

If any one of these of these guidelines can be satisfied, the consumer is usually given the right to require repurchase or replacement of his/her vehicle.

4) Most lemon laws do allow an offset for use of the vehicle by the consumer. Oftentimes, a reduction in the consumer's purchase price return is used in relation to the number of miles he/she had put on the car. One law spells out the reduction in refund for use as follows:

(miles at time of refund X purchase price)/100,000
The consumer can often argue that he/she should not be charged for miles that were put on the vehicle after the first try to fix the defect. For example, what if the consumer allows a dealer many attempts to repair a defect over a period of several thousand miles? Should the manufacturer be allowed to reduce his refund for the period of time he was not unsuccessful in fixing the defect? Our answer is no. The above formula should be used to compute the mileage at the time of the repair attempt. This can often make a difference of several hundred dollars to the consumer.

5) Only about one half of the lemon laws allow the consumer to recover attorney's fees in his/her action. Those states that do allow attorney's fees provide for a greater likelihood of success and representation in warranty disputes.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »

TTS Mastertune

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »

You guys got that right!!! But I'm doing what I haveto, with or without HD's help. But this new dealer I'm talking to right now seems on board with everything I'm doing and has other guys there that I also know personally. They might be further away, but HD of NYC won't get anymore of my business! ;)

Excited seems to be more like blowing smoke up my ass! He's the same guy making all the excuses now! F them, maybe this new place will do the right thing!

Hoist! 8)

BTW, can you tell I'm furious right now? Don't know how it comes across in type. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ummmm - yeah
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.