Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where do they Go!  (Read 979 times)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
Where do they Go!
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »

Started to install the detach kit for the two up rack. Many frustrating hours later found that it would not fit!  Should have looked here first   :nixweiss:  , found the part number for the 07/08 detach kit. Reinstalled original hardware (sort of). When removingthe two top bolts that attach the front stock detach points plate which sits against the chrome fender strut, two spacers fell out. Assume they were somewhere behind these two top bolts as they  were not visible until after the bolts were out and eventually fell to the floor. Could not get the spacers so left themout temporarily which made the saddle bag and rear backrest very hard to mount. Anyone know for sure where these *$#** spacers go? :nixweiss:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Where do they Go!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »

Started to install the detach kit for the two up rack. Many frustrating hours later found that it would not fit!  Should have looked here first   :nixweiss:  , found the part number for the 07/08 detach kit. Reinstalled original hardware (sort of). When removingthe two top bolts that attach the front stock detach points plate which sits against the chrome fender strut, two spacers fell out. Assume they were somewhere behind these two top bolts as they  were not visible until after the bolts were out and eventually fell to the floor. Could not get the spacers so left themout temporarily which made the saddle bag and rear backrest very hard to mount. Anyone know for sure where these *$#** spacers go? :nixweiss:

You should have gotten a small plastic bag when you bought the kit. On the outside of the bag it should be labled "spare parts". The washers go in this plastic bag  ;D :nixweiss:. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:18:17 PM by hard10 »

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:53 PM »

:D The way things have been going, it better be a big bag! ;D

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:06 AM »

Had the same problem Serkcus. The guys at the dealers installed the detachable luggage rack before I took delivery of my bike. I then decided I didn't like the detachable rack as the top of the bag lids hit the nuts at the side of the rack when you open them. I then got them to put a sissy bar/luggage rack combo on - the guy who did it then managed to leave the spacers and two of the nuts off of the bike when he fitted it. The bike is now going back into the shop on Friday for the missing parts to be refitted under warranty.

As far as I am aware the spacers go behind the fender struts.

I'll get more info on Friday when they do the job.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »

I hate the "bonus parts"!

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.