Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ  (Read 80687 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ
« on: September 04, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »

PART I

SERK - The Final Frontier! Mission Accomplished!

Introducing the ‘07A Screaming Eagle Road King Special Performance Edition-Model ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ! Her name is Cybil!

You are following the voyages of the USS Hoist, venturing deep into SERK Mods, where no man has gone before! On a Mission to conquer the 110 Beast! Mission accomplished!

Here it is, the finished product. For now anyway! And it’s appropriate that this appears in the SERK Section. This thing’s come a long way since the “I’m not gonna do anything to it”, and the “worrying about the w…..ty” days! After seeing all the BS problems these ‘07’s were having, and figuring out everything mine needed to be perfect for me, I’ve transformed it into my idea of the perfect Performance Hot Rod Touring Machine! It doesn’t have much bling or appearance stuff added. Some, but it’s more of a sleeper! Everything was primarily improved for performance, longevity, reliability and touring capability in all areas. Engine, Clutch, Suspension, Brakes, and Touring changes/additions (oh yeah, Safety and Comfort too!)! It has two different looks to it also! The Stock Sleeper Bar Hopper look or the Hot Rod Touring Bike look w/Custom Hard Saddlebags!

The performance changes are as follows:

1. Engine: SE TC 110”, 120 HP/126.2 Ft-Lbs TQ, crank runout at pinion is 0.0025”. New CP Forged Pistons and Rings, New Axtell Solid Cylinders; Modified SE 110 Heads modeled on a computer and flow bench by Cycle-rama, Ported, Decked and Reworked Combustion Chambers, welded holes for ACR's and added Manual Compression Releases, w/Cometic 0.030 Metal Head Gaskets for a 9.8:1 compression ratio; Thermal Coating of Combustion Chambers, Pistons and Valves; 62 mm HPI Throttle Body w/4.89 Injectors and Ported Manifold w/HPI High Flow A/C Assembly and Stock SERK 110 Cover; D&D FatCats w/Quiet Performance Muffler (which is not very quiet!). Engine has Cycle-rama CR 595 Custom Cams and Performance Lifters; Feuling Camplate, Feuling Oil Pump, Feuling Spring, and Feuling ARP Cam Chest Hardware; Feuling 0.120" Racing Pushrods w/S&S PR Covers; Feuling High Tensile Shouldered Cylinder Studs and Headbolts; Feuling/ARP complete top end and cover SS 12 Point Hardware; SE Roller Rockers; SE Forged Rocker Supports; Doherty MystFree Breathers. Chrome Inner Primary. HD Chrome 1.4 KW Starter. Custom Polished SS SE Shifter Linkage. Clutch has AIM VPC-92T Variable Pressure Clutch Lock-up Plate. The Tuning/Tuner was one of the most important parts of the whole job. And I found one of the best! All the tuning and testing was done by Joe Bramski of Joe’s Cycle Repair in Mechanicville, NY. We tested many combinations of Air Filter Assemblies, Throttle Bodies and Exhausts with this build. The final build reflects the best running combination that we tested. I did not want it to be a radical, all out HP Brute, that I’d be doing Top Ends on every 5-10k miles. I wanted a really slick Hot Rod Touring Bike with a bulletproof, long-lasting, reliable, sweet running engine. With good HP/TQ that would come on good down low, and just keep pulling. Yet be tame and rideable in parade duty (city traffic when I’m not splitting lanes!) without burning up, and also great at cruising/touring speeds. I wanted decent gas mileage too. Fell a little short there, but I don’t care about that too much. And I wanted it to be fast! And I wanted it to sound like an American-Muscle Performance Big Twin Air-Cooled Flywheel Engine! It idles smooth. It runs nice and cool! And it doesn’t Ping at all! The bike takes off like a rocket and buries the needle in no time for a big bike. It cruises down the highway all loaded up, 2-up w/luggage, and just hums along. You can ride at any RPM, but you hear it singing and feel the cams kick in hard at about 3600 RPM. It pulls really strong from there! You can ride it at 2000 with no problem (but who would want to!), and crack the throttle at 2500 and take it all the way up. It doesn’t get the greatest mileage, about 35 the way I ride, but I’ll trade that for the smile this thing puts on my face every time I get on it now! Joe’s got this thing running like a champ!

*Bold face are items added after the ACR failure after the first 2000 miles on this new top end.

** 10/15/07: THIS BUILD IS CHANGING AGAIN AFTER THE ENGINE WASN'T ASSEMBLED PROPERLY AFTER THE ACR FAILURE. IT WILL BE COMPLETELY REBUILT USING NEW HD CASES, TIMKIN CONVERSION AND NEW FLYWHEELS. I'LL DO ANOTHER REPORT ON THE NEW BUILD, SO IT WILL BE EASIER TO FOLLOW. Hoist! 8)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:12:36 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:21:37 PM »

PART II

2.Fluids: I use Mobil-1 V-Twin 20-50 in the engine, Redline Shockproof Heavy in the Transmission, and Redline MTF in the Primary.

3.Transmission: The Transmission is a bone-stock HD 6-Speed. It works fine and has given me no problems so far. And I got the 5th Gear whine to go away too! All I did was use the D&D FatCat w/the Performance Muffler! Whine, what whine?

4.Suspension/Handling: Changed Suspension height back up to Standard Road King Height for better handling and clearance. Modified Front Fork with Traxxion AK-20 Cartridge Fork Conversion-1” taller than stock SERK3, Adjure Flush Front Axle and BAH Stealth Fork Cap; Standard Height 330 mm BiTubo Rear Dual Sport Shocks-also 1” taller than stock SERK3; True-Track 3rd Link Stabilizer, True-Track Front Performance Motor Mount, Sta Bo Swingarm Bushing Stiffeners, Velva Ride Vibration Control Polished SS Engine Stabilizer Links. It’s supported by the stock Chrome Roadwinder Wheels w/the stock Dunlop E3 Elite 170/60R17 Wide Rear and 130/70R18 Front Radials, which I really love but are subject to change! Might have to start looking at “V” or “Z” rated tires now! I wanted to stiffen everything up, from the suspension to the mounts, with out degradation of ride quality, and actually improve it. The power and the setup make it feel so light and nimble too. You can really throw it around! This thing rides like its on rails, handles like a much sportier bike than it is, never wobbles or shakes, and you feel like you’re riding on a rolling Barcolounger!

5.Brakes: Front: PM Chrome 6-Piston Differential-Bore Calipers, stock HD Chrome Master Cylinder and stock V-Rod Style 11.5” Floating Rotors. Rear: PM Chrome 4-Piston Differential-Bore Caliper and Bracket, PM Braided SS Brake Line, HD Chrome Roadwinder 11.5” Floating Rotor, and HD Chrome Rear Master Cylinder. Still running original PM Pads. Will be switching to LRB Z-Pads. I had a hell of a time bleeding them. But this thing stops on a dime now. Brake feel is excellent and gives you the confidence to brake later into the turns!

6.Comfort/Styling: Wild Ones Chubbys WO502 12.5” Apes with a new specially made extended Goodridge Braided SS Clutch Line, new Magnum “Sterling” 3” over Braided SS Throttle Cables, HD 3-Piece Braided SS Front Brake Line, Solid 1-piece Handlebar Riser Clamp and Ness Urethane Riser Bushings. My choice of stock SERK3 Seat and Backrests, or Corbin SERK3 Dual Touring Flame-Stitched Seat w/Heat and RK Custom Passenger Backrest. Wing-swept matching Ironside Passenger Floor Boards; HD Chrome Saddlebag Guards; Kuryakin Rider Floor Board Extensions; Ironside Engine Guard Highway Pegs w/HD Billet Mount; HD SG Aux. Lights w/Turn Signal Relocation; Formotion Polished SS Black-Face Fork Lock Cover with Lighted Clock; HD Black-Face Combo Speedo/Tach w/Color-Matched Lighting (set for Blue of course); HD Blue LED Flush Mounted Fuel Gauge; HD Chrome Front Fork Air Baffle; and Chromedome Sculpted Polished Aluminum Eagle Head Horn Cover. What can I say? It’s the best running/riding RK I’ve ever been on! It’s got everything I need on it, and nothing I don’t. It rides like a dream and is comfortable as hell. Short runs solo, as a Bar Hopper or Daytripper. Or long, 2-up excursions. This thing is setup for anything and is comfortable doing it!

7.Stock Sleeper Bar Hopper: Stock Flamed Leather Saddlebags and Seat w/Small Passenger Backrest, Stock Smoked Wind Screen. Stripped down stock sleeper look! Until you hear it growl and the front wheel comes up, that is!

8.Hot Rod Touring Bike: Custom Matching HD Hard Saddlebags w/Matching HD Saddlebag Lid Spoilers and HD Flamed Latches; Full-Size 5-hole HD Road King Windshield Assembly w/18” Clearview Euro-Lip Windshield, HD Skull Chrome Windshield Strip and HD RK Custom Leather Windshield Pouch; HD Sundowner Black-Studded Road King Seat, matching Passenger Studded Medium Backrest, matching Studded Saddlebag Guard Bags; HD Detachable 2-up Luggage Rack; and Large HD SAC Sissy Bar Pack for Luggage Rack w/ matching HD SAC Small Duffle Bag. The traditional Road King Touring look with Hot Rod style, that can cruise at 80-90 all day long without breaking a sweat, and roll on up to 130, 2-up, and loaded with luggage!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:37:04 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »

PART III

I pretty much had to improve the bike from top to bottom to get Cybil the way I wanted her. HD finally came close to making the perfect Touring Bike in this SERK3. Then I had to finish it. I knew it was a one year, one shot deal for me. They will never make a Black SERK like this again! To me, it was a perfect starting platform. I really didn’t think it would take so much. But hey, who am I kidding? It’s a Harley! But now it’s been transformed into a multi-purpose Hot Rod SE Road King with the performance to run with the best of them (or at least let you have fun trying to stay with the big dogs!), and comfortable enough to just take off and cruise for weeks on end!!! Man, as far as I’m concerned I nailed this thing! Do not ask to ride this motorcycle. You’ll be wondering what’s wrong with you’re bike after you get off this thing! Other bikes might look better, or be faster. But for me, this IS the perfect Screamin’ Eagle Road King!

I had to step up and try/test various new components that were developed specifically for the 110”, and this build. Nothing really had previously been made specifically for them yet. After we built the motor, we kept playing with the TB/AF/Exhaust combos, until we got the best/most rideable combination we could get, while squeezing every last drop of performance out of it. I hope all this research and testing might help some of you who are trying to put together a better ‘07/’08 CVO. Good luck to you all in your search for your Perfect CVO! Refer to this thread in Twin Cam Section to read about the comparisons throughout the build: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14707.msg232565#msg232565 

No, this didn’t come cheap, so don’t ask! I used all the best, racing quality components I could get my hands on. If there’s a bulletproof or performance version of something available, it’s on here! I tried to make sure it screams Performance/Quality where ever you looked! And I expect it to hold up now too!

And I’d really like to thank everyone here, because without this site, and you people, this project would have been much more difficult, if not impossible to ever accomplish! Successfully anyway! This Site Rules!!! And I’d like to thank Harry for his assistance and for hooking me up with Wes Brown at Cycle-Rama, and to Wes for working out this great engine package; and to Bogie the SM and Alex the Tech at New Roc HD for building everything for me and taking good care of me; the folks at Traxxion Dynamics for the suspension; Hog Pro for the brakes; and Gene of Paint by Gene for the Custom Hard Bags! And believe it or not, HD, for giving me this great starting platform for me to complete my Dream Bike with! Lastly, I’d like to thank Joe Bramski of Joe’s Cycle Repair. The man’s a tuning genius and he’s a really great guy! And this guy knows his Fuel Injection and Tuning! He only wants to make your bike run great and won’t accept anything less. Too bad you all can’t get your bikes tuned there. I’d bet there’d be a lot less bitching about the way some bikes are running, if you could get yourself there for a real tune!!!

Following are the pics of Cybil, my Stock Sleeper Bar Hopper and my Hot Rod Touring Bike. I hope you like them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:38:37 AM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »

Stock Sleeper Bar Hopper.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:25:06 PM »

Another from the Right Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 05:25:55 PM »

Left Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »

Rear

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »

Left Rear Angle

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »

Right Rear Angle

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »

And now, my new Hot Rod Touring Bike!
Right Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »

Anothe from the Right

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 05:30:43 PM »

Right Saddlebag. It's pretty sunny so the color's off. It shows better from the left side.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »

Left Saddlebag. Color's a little truer, but lotsa reflection. Best I can do.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 05:32:20 PM »

Another

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »

Rear from above

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.