Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Report: Hillary Clinton Wants Bill to Restore U.S. Image  (Read 4677 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Report: Hillary Clinton Wants Bill to Restore U.S. Image
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:11:16 PM »

Found on FoxNews.com

Report: Hillary Clinton Wants Bill to Restore U.S. Image
Friday, October 05, 2007

If his wife is elected president next year, Bill Clinton says he wouldn't mind playing the role of U.S. ambassador to the world.

The 61-year-old told the was in London this week, and told the U.K. Guardian that his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, has said she'd ask him to "go out and immediately restore America's standing, go out and tell people America was open for business and cooperation again."

And in a separate interview with the BBC, he says he can imagine himself best helping his potential commander-in-chief wife by helping to "restore America's standing in the world and build more allies and get us to work together again."

"You can see with the recent success of the North Korea nuclear effort that when America moves from unilateralism to working through and with others it works pretty well," he said.

Handicapping the race, he favored his wife. Of course.

"The average American knows instinctively that we have almost no problems in the world that we can solve all by ourselves," Bill Clinton told the Guardian. "And that, I think, is helping her candidacy, because people believe — I think rightly — that if she were elected she would quickly move to restore our standing in the world, and tell people there may be a few occasions when we have to do something on our own, but our strong preference is going to be to be cooperative."

Bill Clinton said the last eight years have "enrage[d] the world at the very moment when we had more support than we've had in recent memory, because of 9/11."

I don't care who you are, that there's funny!  :D

:indian_chief:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Report: Hillary Clinton Wants Bill to Restore U.S. Image
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »

Contrary to what people in this country think/thought, the rest of the world did not really concern themselves, or condemn the Presidency, because a grown man got a BJ.  Guess they felt that was a problem he and his wife needed to work out.... :nixweiss:

George Bush, Sr, an intelligent (unlike his imbecilic son), involved man, does not seem to have a problem with partnering with Bill in various worthwhile endeavours throughout the world.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

Contrary to what people in this country think/thought, the rest of the world did not really concern themselves, or condemn the Presidency, because a grown man got a BJ.  Guess they felt that was a problem he and his wife needed to work out.... :nixweiss:

George Bush, Sr, an intelligent (unlike his imbecilic son), involved man, does not seem to have a problem with partnering with Bill in various worthwhile endeavours throughout the world.

I have to agree Terry.  I never was a Clinton person when he was in office, but after seeing the result of 6+ years from his successor I'm starting to view his presidency in a totally different light.  You could make a case for the escalating terror threat over the past dozen years being a direct result of the milquetoast responses to terror attacks from his administration (there were many opportunities over the years to deal with bin Laden before 9/11, for instance).  You could also make a case that his blatant dishonesty reduced respect for the office.  But at least he didn't start a bogus war while handing the keys to the treasury to the rich and privileged.  I think history will look much more kindly on Clinton's presidency than it will the attempt by GW to be "King of the World".

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

I have to agree Terry.  I never was a Clinton person when he was in office, but after seeing the result of 6+ years from his successor I'm starting to view his presidency in a totally different light.  You could make a case for the escalating terror threat over the past dozen years being a direct result of the milquetoast responses to terror attacks from his administration (there were many opportunities over the years to deal with bin Laden before 9/11, for instance).  You could also make a case that his blatant dishonesty reduced respect for the office.  But at least he didn't start a bogus war while handing the keys to the treasury to the rich and privileged.  I think history will look much more kindly on Clinton's presidency than it will the attempt by GW to be "King of the World".

Jerry

I am 100% sure that history will show that to be the case, Jerry.

98% of all men are gonna lie if they get caught with their pants down.  I am certainly not condoning Bill Clinton's morals or marital infidelity, nor the fact that he continued to lie when the truth would have served him better, but he didn't run the country with that head, and the other head was pretty damn bright, IMO.

GW is an idiot...I don't know if he killed off too many brain cells during his coke and booze days, or just killed the few he had to begin with, but the man is a dimwit.  His buddies appreciate the hell out of him though...

OK...I'm out of this thread...very, very few here will agree with my politics...

TTS Mastertune

Rhino

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

you are not alone..

Rhino

98% of all men are gonna lie if they get caught with their pants down.  I am certainly not condoning Bill Clinton's morals or marital infidelity, nor the fact that he continued to lie when the truth would have served him better, but he didn't run the country with that head, and the other head was pretty damn bright, IMO.

GW is an idiot...I don't know if he killed off too many brain cells during his coke and booze days, or just killed the few he had to begin with, but the man is a dimwit.  His buddies appreciate the hell out of him though...

OK...I'm out of this thread...very, very few here will agree with my politics...

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 01:23:56 AM »

maybe GW isn't the brightest crayon in the box,,, but he didn't sit on his ass when the chips were down.
it's a lot better taking the fight to them,, then having them over here blowing the chit out of everything while Billie boy just sat back on his ass and got blown.

you bleeding heart democrats won't be happy till we're all speaking arabic, or mexican. :soapbox:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »

maybe GW isn't the brightest crayon in the box,,, but he didn't sit on his ass when the chips were down.
it's a lot better taking the fight to them,, then having them over here blowing the chit out of everything while Billie boy just sat back on his ass and got blown.

you bleeding heart democrats won't be happy till we're all speaking arabic, or mexican. :soapbox:
harleyteam,

By taking the fight to "them", are you suggesting that Saddam or Iraq in general had anything to do with 9/11?  If so, I hate to be the first to break it to you, but Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with it.  If GW wanted to take the fight to "them", he could have spent all his effort on Afghanistan, Pakistan, and bin Laden, possibly catching or killing him rather than let him dance away and thumb his nose at the U.S. for years.  Or heaven forbid, he could have gone after all the Saudi's who continue to this day to bankroll the terrorists while pretending to be our "ally".  Iraq was all about proving who had the biggest cajones.  Bush thought he could intimidate Saddam into doing whatever Bush wanted, and Saddam basically told him to kiss his a$$.  As schoolkids on the playground, we used to settle this sort of thing one on one, man to man.  Bush didn't have to do that, he could send the military to take care of his posturing for him.  All it took was spreading enough lies about WMD's while playing the "terrorism" trump card, and Congress and the American people gave him the green light.  Now Iraq is a quagmire, the U.S. Treasury has gone from running a tidy surplus to a massive deficit, and the world in general looks upon us as little more than heathens and bullies.  And guess what, bin Laden and his organization are still giving us the finger and pulling off terrorist acts with impunity.  

That's my take on GW and foreign policy; don't get me started on GW and economics (this has been a great time to be a large business owner or wealthy entrepreneur, and definitely not a great time to be a member of the working middle class).

BTW - I've been voting Republican for several decades, so I'm definitely not a "bleeding heart liberal Democrat".  Even many diehard Republicans are fed up with GW and his BS.  And another BTW, if GW has his way, his rich buddies will be free to import as many cheap workers as they want.  All this "guest worker" crap isn't something the Democrats were pushing, you need to look at your hero GW and his wealthy supporters for that one.  You can also look at him and ask why he hasn't enforced the existing laws on illegal immigration and secured the borders.  Last time I looked enforcement of the laws fell under the executive branch. :confused5:  

JMHO - Jerry

(Somehow I think this thread doesn't really fit into the "Humor" category anymore. :nixweiss:)  ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »

harleyteam,

By taking the fight...

JMHO - Jerry

(Somehow I think this thread doesn't really fit into the "Humor" category anymore. :nixweiss:)  ;)

ya think!  But the rest of us like watching ....  so it's all good!   :sauer007:  :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »

Just to set the record as straight as it can get:  http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm

TC's words:  Nothing that I have had the priviledge of reading EVER CONNECTED Saddam to any acts of terror perpetrated in this country, or any other, directed against the US.  I think Jerry set the record straight on that.  Perhaps the following will help explain to those hertofore uninterested in hearing the truth, and instead choose to listen to foaming at the mouth Right Wingers like Rush Flemball, J Gordon, etc, etc, etc.

BTW...I would in no way label myself a "Bleeding Heart Liberal", but my Christian Philosphy based view of tolerance for others, being good stewards of the planet, and not believing that the filthy rich have my best interests at heart,  might cause some to label me that way.  I'm proud of it.

From the Snopes Report:

On 26 February 1993, a car loaded with 1,200 pounds of explosives blew up in a parking garage under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring about a thousand others. The blast did not, as its planners intended, bring down the towers — that was finally accomplished by flying two hijacked airliners into the twin towers on the morning of 11 September 2001.
Four followers of the Egyptian cleric Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman were captured, convicted of the World Trade Center bombing in March 1994, and sentenced to 240 years in prison each. The purported mastermind of the plot, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, was captured in 1995, convicted of the bombing in November 1997, and also sentenced to 240 years in prison. One additional suspect fled the U.S. and is believed to be living in Baghdad.

On 13 November 1995, a bomb was set off in a van parked in front of an American-run military training center in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. Saudi Arabian authorities arrested four Saudi nationals whom they claim confessed to the bombings, but U.S. officials were denied permission to see or question the suspects before they were convicted and beheaded in May 1996.

On 25 June 1996, a booby-trapped truck loaded with 5,000 pounds of explosives was exploded outside the Khobar Towers apartment complex which housed United States military personnel in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killing nineteen Americans and wounding about three hundred others. Once again, the U.S. investigation was hampered by the refusal of Saudi officials to allow the FBI to question suspects.
On 21 June 2001, just before the American statute of limitations would have expired, a federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicted thirteen Saudis and an unidentified Lebanese chemist for the Khobar Towers bombing. The suspects remain in Saudi custody, beyond the reach of the American justice system. (Saudi Arabia has no extradition treaty with the U.S.)

On 7 August 1998, powerful car bombs exploded minutes apart outside the United States embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 224 people and wounding about 5,000 others. Four participants with ties to Osama bin Laden were captured, convicted in U.S. federal court, and sentenced to life in prison without parole in October 2001. Fourteen other suspects indicted in the case remain at large, and three more are fighting extradition in London.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »

Continued....

On 12 October 2000, two suicide bombers detonated an explosives-laden skiff next to the USS Cole while it was refueling in Aden, Yemen, blasting a hole in the ship that killed 17 sailors and injured 37 others. No suspects have yet been arrested or indicted. The investigation has been hampered by the refusal of Yemini officials to allow FBI agents access to Yemeni nationals and other suspects in custody in Yemen.
(The USS Cole bombing occurred one month before the 2000 presidential election, so even under the best of circumstances it was unlikely that the investigation could have been completed before the end of President Clinton's term of office three months later.)

In August 1998, President Clinton ordered missile strikes against targets in Afghanistan in an effort to hit Osama bin Laden, who had been linked to the embassy bombings in Africa (and was later connected to the attack on the USS Cole). The missiles reportedly missed bin Laden by a few hours, and Clinton was widely criticized by many who claimed he had ordered the strikes primarily to draw attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. As John F. Harris wrote in The Washington Post:

In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation — from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) — that he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria.
. . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed — he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier — recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

. . . people maintain Clinton should have adapted Bush's policy promising that regimes that harbor terrorism will be treated as severely as terrorists themselves, and threatening to evict the Taliban from power in Afghanistan unless leaders meet his demands to produce bin Laden and associates. But Clinton aides said such a policy — potentially involving a full-scale war in central Asia — was not plausible before politics the world over became transformed by one of history's most lethal acts of terrorism.

Clinton's former national security adviser, Samuel R. Berger . . . said there [was] little prospect . . . that Pakistan would have helped the United States wage war against bin Laden or the Taliban in 1998, even after such outrages as the bombing of U.S. embassies overseas.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:21:58 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »

I don't usually get into political debates, but you missing one fact, Bill was in the oval office, representing our country when this happened. He wasn't in some hotel on his own time. He also lied under oath when there was an investigation into this. Which is a crime! If I got caught getting a hummer at work I'd be fired!
I tend to vote Republican, but I look for the best candidate or best answer to an issue regardless which group their with. My take on it over the past few years is it doesn't really matter which group is in there, you just get different special interest groups and lobbyist. We don't run the government any more big business does!
Yes there's been some real messes since 9/11, but am I glad Sodam Insane is gone, hell yea!!!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 04:02:22 PM »

I don't usually get into political debates, but you missing one fact, Bill was in the oval office, representing our country when this happened. He wasn't in some hotel on his own time. He also lied under oath when there was an investigation into this. Which is a crime! If I got caught getting a hummer at work I'd be fired!
I tend to vote Republican, but I look for the best candidate or best answer to an issue regardless which group their with. My take on it over the past few years is it doesn't really matter which group is in there, you just get different special interest groups and lobbyist. We don't run the government any more big business does!
Yes there's been some real messes since 9/11, but am I glad Sodam Insane is gone, hell yea!!!

I'm not sure it was so much an investigation as a witch hunt...after all, it's not like he was furnishing arms to countries illegally, or ordering someone to break and enter for political gain, then covering it up with secret funds,  or not attending military obligations in Alabama during the Vietnam War while in the National Guard.  It was still just a BJ, and I hate to break the news to you, but if everyone was fired, convicted, or otherwise persecuted for having sex while at work, about half the workforce would have to go home...men and women.  Last time I looked, being President is not like being The Pope or something...they're still supposed to be human beings, with all the good and bad that come with belonging to that specie of mammal.

I'm not condoning the behavior, just stating reality.  Put men and women together, no matter the location, and it's going to happen.  Human nature.

I'm glad Saddam is gone as well, it probably could have been done a little differently though, with perhaps a better result.  We are currently entrenched in a brown Vietnam...no end in sight...no real solution.  Figuring out how to gracefully exit and declare victory at the same time is the tricky part....

TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »

Wait the president of our country lied under oath! I've had it with G.W. too, but lets not distort the facts a lie is a lie! Bill fired some missiles in to Iraq too, seems is was in a little trouble at home when this happened.

Clinton launches airstrikes to subdue defiant Iraq  
    'The timing and the policy are subject to question.'

www.jsonline.com/news/iraq/1217iraq017.asp

So lets be fair here, again, I've had it with both parties, looking for someone that can bring both sides closer together, and not be in the pockets of big business. Still looking!!!! 8)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »

What is really pitiful is the pi$$ poor choices we have to make for our elected representatives and president.  I've voted Republican since I cast my first ill informed vote for the Dems during the Vietnam war.  And, yes those were Dems who started that debacle.

I too am fed up with "W" and his free spending ways and utter failure to address illegal immigration.  But being from Tennessee I think I can say this with authority -  THANK GOD "W" IS IN THE OVAL OFFICE INSTEAD OF OUR OWN IDIOT AL GORE.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »

This is a Humor topic after all...

TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 21 queries.