Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons. Need a re-map? All opinions welcome...  (Read 705 times)

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King

I just took delivery of an '08 FLHRSE4 Road King and I love the bike but I don't love the sound. I was quoted $2,300 for a set of Rinehart TDs with SERT and dyno time versus buying a pair of V&H Oval Slip-ons for $450 and installing them myself.

1. First, has anyone done this, and what were your results? Happy? Ecstatic? Not so much?
2. The FLHRSE4 already has less restrictive Screamin Eagle touring mufflers, which I'm guessing are similar to the V&H Oval Slip-ons for back pressure. Given that Las Vegas, NV is approx 2,000 ft above sea level, and therefore the air is slightly less dense, even the H-D maps which are lean due to EPA requirements, may still work ok with the new slip-ons. This is my opinion anyway, and anyone who feels free to challenge this with useable back-up information would be extremely well received.

All feedback genuinely welcomed!!!   
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons. Need a re-map? All opinions welcome...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 07:12:49 AM »

Quint,   
Please only one thread per subject. Makes it easier to follow and all posts can be made in one thread. Thanks. 

All additional posts on this subject can be made here - Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons. Need a re-map? All opinions welcome... in the Intake/Exhaust/ECM board.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.