Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Time for more power  (Read 4777 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Time for more power
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »

Gonna see what a Stage 1 A/C with K&N filter along with a custom Race Tuner map can gain me on the SERG.  If I can get the TQ around 90 ft./lbs. I'll be happy.  She's only got a measly 76.6 right now. ???  Gear drive cams are on the agenda for next winter, if not.

More in a week or 2.

14 degrees morning . . . almost too cold to jack with loading the bike in the trailer, let alone ride. :earmuffs:

There went my stock B/O SERG. :-\ :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

Realistically what improvement do you expect with the air kit and stock pipes Brian?  I've never played with the stroker 95s enough to have a handle on what the expectation might be.

Hmmm.  First I've heard of that.  Never knew the 95" was stroked.   ;)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »

Hmmm.  First I've heard of that.  Never knew the 95" was stroked.   ;)

LOL, I did not catch that.  He must still be drunk from last night.  I know he knows they're not stroked, but we can have some fun with this! ;) :D

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

There went my stock B/O SERG. :-\ :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Huh? :confused5:  Cams won't change the way it fits the template. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

LOL, I did not catch that.  He must still be drunk from last night.  I know he knows they're not stroked, but we can have some fun with this! ;) :D

Brain dicombobulation.  At the time I was thinking stroked like "petted."  Since the bike was getting some special attention.  But it does sound stupid when you just read it :huepfenlol2: .

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 11:57:49 AM »

Hey Brian-  What cam choices are you considering?  I have the same bike with the SE AC, Stage 1 download, PC3, and a SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1.  I am thinking about converting to gear drive to solve the cam chain tensioner problem.  I think I will leave the rest of the motor stock for several reasons.  I haven't seen much discussion on any board re a cam only install for this configuration.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:03:25 PM by RobertinArgyle »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »

Robert, hd-dude recommended the following:

Wood Cams W6
S&S 510
Andrews 26G or 37G

I was also told by Spiderman that Dave Mackie might be able to come up with a custom grind for the application.  So, there are probably a near infinite number of possibilities.  I'll go to the gear drive within the next year or two on it (somewhere around 20,000 miles) just to get away from the tensioners, but like you, will leave the rest stock.  In the end, I'll probably go with something that I'm familiar with and has a proven reputation, such as the S&S or Andrews and call it a day.

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'm a little surprised he would recommend the W6 or the 37G with stock heads but what do I know?!  Will you upgrade the oil pump and cam plate at that time?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Robert, hd-dude recommended the following:

Wood Cams W6
S&S 510
Andrews 26G or 37G

I was also told by Spiderman that Dave Mackie might be able to come up with a custom grind for the application.  So, there are probably a near infinite number of possibilities.  I'll go to the gear drive within the next year or two on it (somewhere around 20,000 miles) just to get away from the tensioners, but like you, will leave the rest stock.  In the end, I'll probably go with something that I'm familiar with and has a proven reputation, such as the S&S or Andrews and call it a day.

I reccommend quitting on the whole thing and selling it to me!   :P

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'm a little surprised he would recommend the W6 or the 37G with stock heads but what do I know?!  Will you upgrade the oil pump and cam plate at that time?

I'm sure if he sees the post, he'll comment.  Yes, I will do Feuling oil pump (and lifters) at that time.  As for the cam plate, I would just go to S&S gear drive on the stock plate, same as I did on my SEEG.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »

I reccommend quitting on the whole thing and selling it to me!   :P

LOL, already have more $$$$s in it than I could get out of it, so why quit now? :nixweiss: ;D

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 03:25:25 PM »

LOL, already have more $$$$s in it than I could get out of it, so why quit now? :nixweiss: ;D

Like marrage, cheaper to keep her! :o

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 01:04:13 AM »

Got the bike back tonight and promptly headed out in the 40 degree weather on it to go back to work for a few hours.  Dyno results are here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21497.msg345092#msg345092.  The bike runs great!  Hot idle could probably stand to be dropped some, but I'll ride it awhile into the warmer weather to see what it acts like.  Never did drop below 1,200 tonight.  Probably put 25 miles is all on it tonight, but did not experience any flat spots or driveablility issues and the upper mid-range (2,800 - 4,500 rpm, or so) is MUCH improved according to the butt dyno! :2vrolijk_21:  Bike really pulls fairly well right past 5,000 rpm where before it totally ran out of grunt. ;D

A Race Tuner and 5 hours of dyno time was not cheap, but so far, results seem to be worthwhile.  The bike should be a lot more fun to ride now that it can finally take a deep breath!

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »

Got the bike back tonight and promptly headed out in the 40 degree weather on it to go back to work for a few hours.  Dyno results are here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21497.msg345092#msg345092.  The bike runs great!  Hot idle could probably stand to be dropped some, but I'll ride it awhile into the warmer weather to see what it acts like.  Never did drop below 1,200 tonight.  Probably put 25 miles is all on it tonight, but did not experience any flat spots or driveablility issues and the upper mid-range (2,800 - 4,500 rpm, or so) is MUCH improved according to the butt dyno! :2vrolijk_21:  Bike really pulls fairly well right past 5,000 rpm where before it totally ran out of grunt. ;D

A Race Tuner and 5 hours of dyno time was not cheap, but so far, results seem to be worthwhile.  The bike should be a lot more fun to ride now that it can finally take a deep breath!

congrats. look at the hp jump after the fat tune was corrected! the pipes arent giving issues yet with a jump like that.  now for the woods 6 and headwork????

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 12:52:12 AM »

I'm sure if he sees the post, he'll comment.  Yes, I will do Feuling oil pump (and lifters) at that time.  As for the cam plate, I would just go to S&S gear drive on the stock plate, same as I did on my SEEG.

Brian;
The W6 and the 37 are both bolt in cams. No head work or larger springs are required. I would not use the 37 with stock compression, it likes the compression to be bumped up a bit. A .030 head gasket will take care of that if your pulling the heads.

Right now the top choice in my opinion for the 95 or 88" motors for the bolt in is the W6 8) I have done several of these recently (even one in an 08 103) and the results are impressive.

For the cam plate and pump the best bang for the buck is the new SE cam plate and pump combo, 429 retail. It uses the 07-up pump and a billet cam plate. Works as good as the Feuling......
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.