Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baker DD6Drivetrain vs Harley Screaming Eagle 6OD Drivetrain  (Read 2885 times)

vjtaz

Baker DD6Drivetrain vs Harley Screaming Eagle 6OD Drivetrain
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »

:bananarock: I am looking at installing a new Drivetrain on my FXDWG3 2002 CVO and can't figure out which one to go with?  :bananarock:

I have heard good and bad about both Drivetrains, some say stick with Harley because everything matches.  Others say Baker is the way to go.  I have also heard Baker's customer support lacks when it comes to issues with their DriveTrains.

Has anyone done this or have an opinion?

VJTAZ

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Baker DD6Drivetrain vs Harley Screaming Eagle 6OD Drivetrain
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:19:57 AM »

I have both. If I am doing it again and I am looking for the OD trannie. I am going with the HD model. If you are looking for the 6 speed with a direct 1 to 1 in 6th gear, then Bake is you option.

JMHO!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »

I have heard that Baker makes Harley's 6 speed?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

hdtuner

• Chicc's Cycle Performance
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:48:22 AM »

Not Baker, Harley Motor Co. in Bed with JIM'S on almost all S/E items. Bad for us because it's all Jim's low end products. The Baker is your best option if your looking for a strong unit.
HD Dealer Tech last 15 yrs. Been through the bad times and good.  HD Master Tech, HD Tuner

vjtaz

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »

Was the upgrade to your bike worth the cost?

I have a 2002 Dyna WideGlyde CVO with a 95inch kit, 103HP and want a little bit better ride and top end when on long trips.

The cost I am looking at is $3200

Thank You,

VJTAZ

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »

I have a 2002 Dyna WideGlyde CVO with a 95inch kit, 103HP and want a little bit better ride and top end when on long trips.

Thank You,

VJTAZ

Cost is a quotient of what you expect to get from the amount of money spent. In terms of pure pleasure added to the riding experience, you can't beat the Baker DD6. The kit comes with a gear change for the primary which lowers your gear ratio. This gives you a lot quicker takeoff and feels like you've done some HiPo work to your motor. Now you might hear negative comments on the Baker about vibration, but in my experience, the vibration issues are all related to the installation not being done to close enough tolerences on the end play of the main and countershaft bearings. As a result, even with quality Timken bearings they will wear out over time and as they do the vibration level increases. SO, get it installed properly and it will give you years of pleasure

That being said, if you want/need is for lowered RPM's at highway speeds and increased fuel mileage then the H-D 6 is a better option. The H-D 6 is a true overdrive with the rear wheel turning more than one revolution for every one of the engine in 6th gear. I believe the ratio is .86 on the motor to 1 on the rear wheel.

I've had both and ridden cross country on both. The difference in fuel mileage to me was negligible because of the engine modifications I had/have. So for me it came down to which I preferred in terms of performance and as my bro Beagle would say " giggle factor "  The Baker DD6 wins hands down

As always, this is just one man's opinion.

B B

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »

Thank You,

VJTAZ

NO    and I have both trany's.........Spiderman does make a valid point though.........still ain't worth the money :coolblue:

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.