Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Road Glide Windshields  (Read 20532 times)

uly-glide

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 06 Buell Ulysses
Re: Road Glide Windshields
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »

I just put a Clearview +1 (over stock) on, so far so good.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »

I just put a Clearview +1 (over stock) on, so far so good.

It sure looks good with the lowers

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »

Hi Guys,

Those of you using the Klock Werks flares, have you installed using the rubber gasket (or whatever it's called) from the regular RG or not?  (See black rubber strip in picture at bottom of winshield.)  If not, does it rattle or scratch anything?  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »

I rode a friends 07' RG with a 8" KW windshield and I didn't think it was any better than the stock SERG windscreen - oh, and I am 5'10". I ordered a 10" and a 12" Cee Bailey's Dark Grey windshield that will be arriving via UPS tomorrow - it only took them 4 days after I placed my order to ship the 2 windshields and I think that I am going to really like the dark grey tint. I also ordered a Clearview 12-1/2" Light Grey Tint that I expect to receive in about a month - I will probably use this windshield when the weather turns sour and I need a little more protection from the elements. Experimentation will determine which one will work best for me. I will provide a ride report on the Cee Bailey windshields after I put some ride time behind each windshield height.

jcd520

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »

Check out Ceebaileys.com ------they make what you are looking for.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »

I rode a friends 07' RG with a 8" KW windshield and I didn't think it was any better than the stock SERG windscreen - oh, and I am 5'10". I ordered a 10" and a 12" Cee Bailey's Dark Grey windshield that will be arriving via UPS tomorrow - it only took them 4 days after I placed my order to ship the 2 windshields and I think that I am going to really like the dark grey tint. I also ordered a Clearview 12-1/2" Light Grey Tint that I expect to receive in about a month - I will probably use this windshield when the weather turns sour and I need a little more protection from the elements. Experimentation will determine which one will work best for me. I will provide a ride report on the Cee Bailey windshields after I put some ride time behind each windshield height.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on which one works and looks the best .

I am trying to decide what to do and right now am thinking the Klock Werks 12 inch but have heard the wind noise is bad   (I am 5' 10" too

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »

Those of you using the Klock Werks flares, have you installed using the rubber gasket (or whatever it's called) from the regular RG or not?  (See black rubber strip in picture at bottom of winshield.)  If not, does it rattle or scratch anything?  Any information is appreciated. 

Greg, I have the same problem.  I ordered a Klock Werks shield and it didn't come with the rubber seal.  As you've probably figured out, the stock one with our bikes will not fit it.  I had to order one from the dealer and it's taking forever for them to get it to me. 

I am holding off on installing it until I get the seal.  I don't believe it's a good idea to use the shield without one.  When you remove the shield there is a pretty big gap hidden behind it where the farings meet.  Water, dust, bugs, etc. would easily channel under the front edge of the shield and then route directly into the radio.  I've been tempted, but keep holding off to do it right. 

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »

Great minds seem to think alike....  :huepfenlol2:  I don't have my SERG yet (waiting on yellow) but I have the 12" KW sitting at home.  It looks to be the same thickness as the regular RG shields and thus I assumed you should use the gasket / seal.  I'll order one and should have it by the time I get on the SERG.  Sure would be a shame to short out that Hawg Tunes system.... 

Now, use the chrome piece (P/N: 58519-07) or black rubber (P/N: ??) which was never ideal because it can come out easily.  If rubber I think I'll try to glue it in place.  They might have a "Rumble Collection" piece coming out.  Decisions decisions....

g

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

MikeD

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

Hey guys, I met Brian Klock last weekend at Granite Mountain HD.  We talked about the new road glide and the exhaust, suspension, etc.  He did tell me that they are having a 16" windshield coming out soon.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »

Uly-glide,

How about a couple more pics of the lowers!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

rasmusmi

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »

What's the verdict (consensus) on the best (and coolest, of course) windshield for a 6ft. tall rider on the '09 SERG? I'm leaning towards the 12" tinted KW, but not sure yet. Thanks!

MikeD

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

What's the verdict (consensus) on the best (and coolest, of course) windshield for a 6ft. tall rider on the '09 SERG? I'm leaning towards the 12" tinted KW, but not sure yet. Thanks!

Still waiting on mine!!!

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »

I'm 6'2 and have the 12"KW and it's OK  I would hold out for the 16 mike is talking about.  Still looks good and I think it would be just the right size.  They said to hoping to start getting them in Nov. 

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

I'm 6'2 and have the 12"KW and it's OK  I would hold out for the 16 mike is talking about.  Still looks good and I think it would be just the right size.  They said to hoping to start getting them in Nov. 

How does it look????  Photo???

rasmusmi

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 09:51:07 PM »

I wonder if the new 16" KW be the same style and configuration as their shorter ones? :nixweiss: Hope so :apple:..I like that design MUCH better than the "flat" design shields I've seen offered from other after-market companies for the SERG.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.