Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: I'll Miss You Mom!!!  (Read 13101 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
I'll Miss You Mom!!!
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »

It's with a heavy heart that I write this post. I didn't want to burdon this place with what I've endured the last few weeks. But I can let you all know now that Mom has ridden off to her new life elsewhere. She was a great lady who raised a wonderful family. She died proud to know we are all doing well. She got to say goodbye to everyone dear to her and was at peace. She passed in her sleep this afternoon at the Hospice. I feel lucky that I was able to be there to share her last breath with her. No drama, just peace. She's now painfree, and in perfect health for her new adventure in her next world!!!

May she ride forever now with the wind at her back and with clear blue skies ahead! Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up Mom!!!! Know that we all love you and will miss you dearly. But we'll live on for you and continue to make you proud!!! You'll be forever in our hearts!!! I love you Mom!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: I'll Miss You Mom!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »

It's with a heavy heart that I write this post. I didn't want to burdon this place with what I've endured the last few weeks. But I can let you all know now that Mom has ridden off to her new life elsewhere. She was a great lady who raised a wonderful family. She died proud to know we are all doing well. She got to say goodbye to everyone dear to her and was at peace. She passed in her sleep this afternoon at the Hospice. I feel lucky that I was able to be there to share her last breath with her. No drama, just peace. She's now painfree, and in perfect health for her new adventure in her next world!!!

May she ride forever now with the wind at her back and with clear blue skies ahead! Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up Mom!!!! Know that we all love you and will miss you dearly. But we'll live on for you and continue to make you proud!!! You'll be forever in our hearts!!! I love you Mom!

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
Debbie and I send our deepest condolences on the passing of your mother.  God bless her and your family.

Charlie

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »

Howie,

Sincere condolences to you, Binx and your entire family.  May your mother rest in peace.  God Bless...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:47:14 PM »

Howie,

Sincere condolences to you and your entire family.  May your mother rest in peace. 

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

We're thinking of you.

Frank and Phyllis
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »

Howie, nothing I can say will restore your Mom to you, but as I always say to folks, based on my own experience:  We should be glad to have had those fine people in our lives for as long as we did.  May God bless you and your family in your time of loss.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »

Howie,
I send my deepest and sincere condolences to you, Binx and the rest of your family. May your mom live forever in the hearts of all who knew and loved her.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:16:30 PM »

I can't thank you all enough for these replys! Ya'll make my heart soar like an eagle!!! From the bottom of my heart, I love you all!!!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »

Howie, Linda & I send our deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your family. Remember that we are that we will be here for you in our thoughts and prayers.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »

Howie, Linda & I send our deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your family. Remember that we are that we will be here for you in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you AJ! I appreciate it! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 10:39:38 PM »

So sorry to hear of your Mom passing Howie. May God be with you & yours.     Linny

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »

So sorry to hear of your Mom passing Howie. May God be with you & yours.     Linny

Thanks very much Linny. Hope to get to see you soon! Be well man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 10:42:51 PM »

I can't thank you all enough for these replys! Ya'll make my heart soar like an eagle!!! From the bottom of my heart, I love you all!!!

Hoist! 8)

Hi Hoist,

What a wonderful heart you must have to write something so sincere about your Mom.  Thanks for taking the time to share your family's loss.  God bless all of you.

Marie
Smokin' Jacket (wanna know why?)
2008 Screamin' Eagle Springer

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »

So sorry to hear of this Howie. May God comfort & Bless you & yours.     Linny

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 10:49:27 PM »

Howie,

Very sorry to hear about your mothers passing.   I am sure your being there eased her through.   Our deepest condolences to you and yours.

-Harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 10:50:05 PM »

Howie,
My condolences to you and all of your family. Our thoughts are with your during this time.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

Hi Hoist,

What a wonderful heart you must have to write something so sincere about your Mom.  Thanks for taking the time to share your family's loss.  God bless all of you.

Marie

Thank you for saying that Marie. Anyone that knows me knows I wear my heart on my shirtsleeve. I'm an open book as I've nothing to hide. I never speak in fork-ed tongue, and don't sugar-coat anything. So when I say what I say here, you can take it to the bank. Like it or not! Which is why I spend so much time here. We have the most sincere, honest, passionate, selfless, caring people here, and we all better realize that and start treating each other with a lil more respect!!! None of us are here very long and we need to make the most of each day. And we've got someting so special here we need to stop taking it for granted! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Howie,
My condolences to you and all of your family. Our thoughts are with your during this time.

Howie,

Very sorry to hear about your mothers passing.   I am sure your being there eased her through.   Our deepest condolences to you and yours.

-Harry

So sorry to hear of this Howie. May God comfort & Bless you & yours.     Linny

Thanks so much guys! Just hearing from each of you reinforces why I love this place so much. This world would be perfect if they modeled it after CVOHarley people!!! :2vrolijk_21:

And no, I'm not drunk!!! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:33 PM »

Howie,
Renea and I send our warmest thoughts and prayers during this time of sorrow.  We're always here if you ever need us.

L&R,

Henry

kiwi

• Full CVO Member
  • Every day above ground is a good day.

• CVO1: SERK3
    • CVO2: Ultra Limited
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 11:18:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mom passing Howie. May all her roads be dry and go on forever.
Kiwi 8)
Kiwi 8)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 11:21:07 PM »

Hoist!
Soozie & I are so very sorry to hear of your loss, it's hard to loose someone so close, but like you said and I believe VERY much there pain FREE and in a better place now!

Don...............

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 11:24:53 PM »

Hoist!
Soozie & I are so very sorry to hear of your loss, it's hard to loose someone so close, but like you said and I believe VERY much there pain FREE and in a better place now!

Don...............

Sorry to hear about your mom passing Howie. May all her roads be dry and go on forever.
Kiwi 8)

Howie,
Renea and I send our warmest thoughts and prayers during this time of sorrow.  We're always here if you ever need us.

L&R,

Henry

Again, thanks so much for these replies. I hope ya'll don't mind me using this place to put my mind elsewhere tonight. I feel comfortable talking to ya'll and it makes me feel good to share my feelings. Thanks for bearing with me! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »

Howie, very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family as you mourn her passing.

Love ya, man.

Brian

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 11:28:24 PM »

Howie, very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family as you mourn her passing.

Love ya, man.

Brian

Thanks a lot Brian!!! Happy to hear from you and hope things are cool on your end!!! L&R man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 11:31:05 PM »

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose a family member. Our prayers will be for you and your whole family Howie.

David

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 11:46:18 PM »

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Howie....   very sad to see whenever anyone loses a parent...we are here for you brother!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:07 PM »

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Howie....   very sad to see whenever anyone loses a parent...we are here for you brother!

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose a family member. Our prayers will be for you and your whole family Howie.

David

Thanks Scot and David! Amazing to me how you can wind up having a place like this to turn to. I never in a million years would have imagined or believed that I'd be talking to people on an internet for comort and love!!! This place, cause of all of youze, is unreal!!! This Great Site RULES!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »

Brother Howie while we have not met I feel and wish I could share your pain and I am not able, that is yours to bear. Keep her memory alive and know she is always with you. God bless, know you are loved by all of us here and be well.

Ride Safe!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:58 PM »

Howie,

I am so sorry for your loss and my family sends your family our deepest condolences and our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 12:02:29 AM »

Howie
         I've been dreading this thread since we spoke last Sunday. I knew it was coming and in speaking with you knew also that it was better for your Mom, but I knew how much this was gonna hurt you brother and I am truly sorry. But one thing I know is that you were a good son as you are good man to all who know you. As JR would say, God is lifting her up and taking her into his embrace and she will be at peace. We should not grieve for her but for you and your family who have suffered this great loss. I can tell you that you will read some posts and get some PM's and see some folks from this site whom you didn't even know a scant two years ago and you will find solace in their words and deeds. So for you , Binx and your family I offer my hand in any way you might need it. For your Mom a prayer that she find eternal peace in the heaven of her beliefs.

B B

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »

Howie and Binx, My sincere condolences to you.  The fact that it was expected, never makes it any easier and no mater what you do, you can not prepare for it.  Sorry bro.

Fred
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:51 AM »

Very sorry for your loss Howie, Best wishes to you and your family.

Jim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 12:37:49 AM »

Please don't be hurt for me lumping some of these together. I truly appreciate each and every response. I can't thank you all  enough for all the kind thoughts. It was her time, and she gets a fresh start in some new world now. I'll celebrate her life rather than grieve her death. She'd been thru hell for years, dealt with it all, kept a smile on for everyone else, and did it all with dignity. I wish her a great ride in her new world, and hope I can come close to being even half the person she was! Thank you all for being here! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 12:39:49 AM »

Sorry to hear about this Howie.  I know that there aren't words to take away the loss but just to let you know that I pray for you and Binx in this time of need.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

Howie.  Have a good glass of Scotch here right now.  It's going up to our moms and dads.  Those still here and, especially recently, those that have moved on.  Cheers all.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 12:43:19 AM »

Sorry to hear about this Howie.  I know that there aren't words to take away the loss but just to let you know that I pray for you and Binx in this time of need.

Thanks so much JC!

Howie.  Have a good glass of Scotch here right now.  It's going up to our moms and dads.  Those still here and, especially recently, those that have moved on.  Cheers all.

I'll raise my J & C to that Don!!! Salud!!! :2vrolijk_09:

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 12:56:51 AM »

howie, sorry for your loss, i know this hasnt been easy for you and that you still have alot to deal with. if you need anything we're here for you

Neal...
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 12:59:59 AM »

howie, sorry for your loss, i know this hasnt been easy for you and that you still have alot to deal with. if you need anything we're here for you

Neal...

I really appreciate all your's and Sue's kindness thoughout this Neal. Your support was all I needed and you were there. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 01:19:14 AM »

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. In time, I hope that the sorrow of your mothers passing can be replaced with happy memories of her life of which I am sure she enjoyed. May we all enjoy our life to the fullest and show appreciation to those that we love each and every day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 01:25:26 AM »

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. In time, I hope that the sorrow of your mothers passing can be replaced with happy memories of her life of which I am sure she enjoyed. May we all enjoy our life to the fullest and show appreciation to those that we love each and every day.

Well said Guilty! Thanks man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 02:09:14 AM »

Heavy hearts here in California for the loss of your Mom :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Knowing she is pain free and in a much better place is all a Great son like you can ask. Bear Hugs from Donna and I.

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 02:25:15 AM »

Terribly sad about your Mom's passing, but she is in a better place and will always live on in you memories and your hearts. So very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:27:20 AM by Janine »
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 03:19:01 AM »

Howie and Binx,
So sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom may she rest in peace and forever be pain free. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to you and your family. God Bless.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 07:12:44 AM »

God Bless you and your family brother. JD and I are thinking about you. If there's anything we can doo...you know. Love ya man.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 07:17:13 AM »

Hoist,

I am terribly sorry for your family's loss. If you you were closer I would give you a hug. Keep your head up through this difficult time. I will remember your Mom in my prayers.

BadBud
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 07:37:21 AM »

Howie I am so sorry for your loss. If there is anything you need that I can help out with, you know how to find me.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MikeD

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »

Howie,  Sorry for your loss.  It was nice to read that she saw everyone before she began her journey with the God.  That makes it a little bit better to deal with all around, but nothing is as strong as the love between a children and their Mom and Mom and her Children, so I know it's tough.  I'm not big on grave sites, but what has worked for me is planting a flowering tree, or perennial flower bed(something that comes back every year).  Whenever I see the tree or flowers whether in full bloom or in the fall, I always think of the person I planted it for.   :daisy:

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 08:11:32 AM »

Howie,

I'm am really sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.  It is a very hard thing to go thru and I wish you all the best.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »

Howie, sorry to hear about your loss.  You, Binx and your family will be in my prayers.

V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »

Howie, Lou and I are so very sorry to hear of your mom passing. She sounds like a great lady and was so lucky to have you as a son. It's a very tough time but, as you said, she is pain free now and in a better place watching over you all. Our deepest condolences to you and your family Howie. You are, and will continue to be, in our thoughts and prayers....  Lou and Greg
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »

Howie,

My heart goes out to you!

Ernie
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »

Oh yeah, the other thing to wake up to! Thanks again to all for your caring and concern! I appreciate everyone's offer to help. Really nothing to be done now though, but thank ya'll. I'll be making plans today for the funeral tomorrow. A first for me. But as the oldest sibling, I'll take that on. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »

Howie and Barrie.  Heather and myself want to offer up our deepest condolences to you nd your family, I had to go through a death of a close family member this year so I know how you're feeling. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. You have my number if you need to talk.  Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »

Howie and Barrie.  Heather and myself want to offer up our deepest condolences to you nd your family, I had to go through a death of a close family member this year so I know how you're feeling. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. You have my number if you need to talk.  Q

Thsnks so much John! I'll be talking to ya soon! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »

Howie,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  I lost my mom 5 years ago and I think about her every day.  Also my mind is fresh about what you're going through so I wanted to give you my little bit of advice of how to cope with these terrible times.

After my mom died, every time that I thought of her,  that achy, burning feeling just above my heart would start and I would feel so sad.  It went on for over a year.  Think of her, and that sadness would overtake me.

Then one day, I thought of her and I smiled.  I thought about all of the good times we had from the days that I was a child, to more recent things that we shared. (This is when I knew that my mourning phase was coming to an end.)  Yep, now when I think of her I smile.  Oh yeah, I still miss her, but the good memories outweigh the sadness.

May your "smile" come soon.....

BUFFY
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mother when i was 17, it was hard. She was one of the first heart bypass surgeries performed. She suffered ever day after the surgery. She passed 3 days before Christmas I still feel it was her best gift. The only regrets are that my children and grandchildren never had her in their life's.

Keep a strong heart and time will pass but the memories will always remind you of the great times you had together.

:pumpkin: :bananarock:
   Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »

Condolences to you and the rest of your family and your moms friends.
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »

Hoist, we feel your pain and the sadness that comes with the loss of a family member. Mom's and Dad's have to be tough, not looking forward to that one. Hope your heart mends quickly and memories live forever.
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »

So sorry to hear about your loss.  Losing a parent isn't easy.  Lost my dad which was Wrongways' best friend 10 years ago and what gets us through it is remembering all the good times we've shared, even still today.  Just keep remembering all the good times you've had with Mom and the pain will get easier.

Donna

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »

Hey Howie, Sorry to hear about your mom. It ain't easy loosing a loved one expecially mom. I will say a prayer for you and yours. Mike
Jesus loves bikers too !

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2008, 02:55:25 PM »

Howie, Dave and I are very sorry to hear that you lost your Mom we truly can feel your pain, may the memories you have of her live on forever and comfort you when you need her.

Helen & Dave
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:37:53 PM by pumkinownerswife »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »

Please don't be hurt for me lumping some of these together. I truly appreciate each and every response. I can't thank you all  enough for all the kind thoughts. It was her time, and she gets a fresh start in some new world now. I'll celebrate her life rather than grieve her death. She'd been thru hell for years, dealt with it all, kept a smile on for everyone else, and did it all with dignity. I wish her a great ride in her new world, and hope I can come close to being even half the person she was! Thank you all for being here! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Howie, your right on what you said!!! When I go, I expect it to be a celebration because I'm going home! If we ever got a glimpse of heaven we wouldn't want our loved ones to come back to this world. Your mom is in the loving arms of our creator! My heart is filled with love for you and Binx! Know I'm just a phone call away from anything you need! I will continue to lift you in prayer as you will be handling the funeral arrangements. God's sweet love to you and your family! Love ya buddy!

The Gooch

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »

Peace to you and to your family.....only time will heal the pain that you all feel today.....over time there will be good and bad days, rest assured that in his time the pain will subside and in it's place, may wonderful memories celebrating your mom's life embrace you each time that you head into the wind!
Gulf War Veteran
USCG PSU 301
Assigned IMEF - Jubail S.A.

VFW Member
Patriot Guard Rider

As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another.
Proverbs 27:17

elvislee

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »

Howie, my sorrow is with you and your family. I lost my Mom back in April and sincerly feel your pain. Your right though, she is at peace and pain free and with others in a world where no evil or bad exists...Best to ya Bro  :(

BUNKERBEER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2009 Rocker 103 stage 4
    • CVO3: 2008 Street Bob
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »

Hoist, god bless your mom.
Sorry for your loss.
2009 CVO Road Glide
2009 Rocker 103 stage 4
2008 Street Bob

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »

Howie,
sorry to hear about your Mom.  I can only hope the many fond memories you have of a loving Mom will help you through this.  Focus only on the good times and celebrate her life.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

Howie I know that your mom is not suffering now and that's she is at home in God's house...
Jo Ann and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless
~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

Howie,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.

From your account, sounds like she was an accomplished mother:  She raised a family - Her children are now successful in life - and she didn't let her health keep her down.  She got all the important stuff right.

Prayers for God's peace and comfort for you and your family.

Troy :bandana:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2008, 02:40:06 AM »

Howie,
My sincere condolences to you, and yours. It's something we'll all have to face, if we haven't already. Lost my Mom when she was only 52, but she always said she wanted to go in her sleep, in her own bed, which she did. I'm sure she is now in a better place.

Cherish the memories you and your family have of her.
 :drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:45 AM »

So sorry to hear Howie. It's never easy when a family member or loved one passes on. I can honestly say I know how you feel because I lost my mom to cancer a while back. Time does heal although you will never forget. THE MUFFMAN

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss, may God bless you and yours!
John
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »

Howie  May God bless you're Mom and those that she left behind.  Sincere regards Kevin
kb

nashalynn

• -:¦:-
  • Senior CVO Member
  • # 5459

• CVO1: Hers: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: His: 2009 SERG
    • CVO3: Extra? 2001 SERG
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »

Howie,

We are sorry to hear about your mom. Memories keep those we love close to us forever. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Renee & Barry
Maggie Valley NC (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Ribfest (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
New River Gorge (2010)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

Howie,

My deepest condolances on your loss.  I hope you and your family make it through this tough time with peace.

Ride Safe,
JC  (J-Carr)

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »

Sorry to hear about you loss, like I said you guys are in our prayers.

I hope you can find some consolation from Christianity's affirmation that death is not the end.
 Death is not a period that ends the great sentence of life, but a comma that punctuates it to
 more lofty significance. Death is not a blind alley that leads the human race into a state of
 nothingness, but an open door which leads man into life eternal. Let this daring faith, this
 great invincible surmise, be your sustaining power during these trying days.

- MLK Jr  1963

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »

All these beautiful responses since yesterday morning's thanks! Many of them bring tears to my eyes, but they're tears of happiness from all of your sincerity! I don't know what to say. Thanks, thanks, thanks again for everyone's thoughtfulness and kindness! You people are awesome!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

Howie

I can only echo the sentiments already sent to you and your family. Your mother must have been a special woman, look at the son she raised! Your family will be in my prayers.

JW

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2008, 10:53:17 AM »

Howie,

I also echo the sentiments left by the wonderful people of CVO website...your eloquent words and actions are an inspiration, and I thank you for sharing such a personal moment with poise and dignity. God bless you, Binx and the entire family...

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »

Are most heartfelt condolences to you, your family and friends who have to endure the pain of the loss.  May she find peace and be free of pain forever more.  So sorry for the pain. 
Your friends, Jamey and Candy.

AMP

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

Greatest sympathy for you and your family. Losing my Mother was the absolute biggest bruise on my heart so far in life.

Take good care,
Pam and Wes

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »

Howie,

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother.  Losing a parent is one of the toughest curves life throws at us.  I lost my father over a year ago and still think about him everyday.  I take solace in the fact that he is in a much better place than the one he left.  Thoughts and prayers in this tough time for you and your family.  Let us know if we can help.

John

2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

So sorry to hear about your Mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Just remember she will always be with you in your heart.

Brian and Kathy

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

Howie,

So sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. It's good to know there's someplace better to go after we leave here. She's in peace forever.

:indian_chief:

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »

Howie,

So sorry to just now stumble onto this thread.  Very sorry to hear of your mother's passing.   I know today was an especially difficult day for you.  I know in my heart that your mother left this world in peace knowing what a fine family she had raised.  We all know that you were a good son to your mother and must have made her proud indeed.  You and Binx remain in our thoughts and prayers.  Words simply cannot express the bundle of emotions that I know you have been dealing with and will continue to deal with for some time.  Just know that we are here for you and let us know if we can help out in any way.

Keep well and best wishes,
Craig

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »

Howie, We are so sorry to hear about your loss.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »

Howie, Sorry to hear this news.You and yours will be in my prayers. And I have to agree the people on this site are some of the best human beings on this earth.  Derek
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »

Howie - sincere condolences on your Mom's passing.  Your words about here were heartfelt & expressed your love for her eloquently.  A safe bet she felt the same way about her CVO bike riding son - she must have been very proud of you.  May she rest in peace - her memories are in good hands with you & those who loved her.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »

Mi amigo Howie....until now I see this.......From the deep of my heart I send you all my sympathies for the loss of your mom...God bless her!!

Our prayers and thoughts are with you mi great amigo.... :'(

Jorge & Martha

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart to all that posted here! It was a tremendous lift reading this thread the past few days. I showed it to my family yesterday. They couldn't believe the outpouring of kindness that's been shown here. They're amazed to know that I've gotten to know and love so many here thru a computer! They send their thanks and love to ya'll as well!!!

The funeral was everything Mom asked for. If all businesses ran theirs like this funeral director does, we'd never complain about customer service again. It couldn't have gone any better, and they did everything Mom asked for without hesitation. The service was excellent. We all got up and talked about Mom a lil. Many more turned out than I'd expected. It was a beautiful beginning to her next life!

We took everyone out to her favorite restaurant afterwards and we ordered all her favorite foods. Then we went back to my brother's house and received many guests offering their condolences. All her kids, grandkids, cousins, and the rest of the family was there. Always makes me wonder why it takes something like this to get EVERYONE together. It needs to be done more often. Life's too short!

Well, I can't say thank you enough to everyone for your support. It really does make my heart soar like an eagle!

Ride hard in your new life Mom! Clear skies, wind at your back, and beautiful roads are ahead for you now! We'll miss you dearly! We love you and just know we're all OK and will all ride on in your memory!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »

Howie.  Deepest and sincere condolences and sympathies to you and Binx and the rest or your family on the loss of your Mom. 

Regards, Chris
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2008, 01:57:37 PM »

Sorry I did not see this when originally posted.  Very sorry for Binx's and your loss.  Hang in there, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Very sorry for your loss, Like ya said, she's in a much better place now....................Fuzz                  

Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »

Howie, sorry for your loss.

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »

Howie,

My prayers go out to you and Binx.

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

Howie,

Just noticed your post. I well know that no matter how old you are, when your mother dies, you are an orphan! Suddenly the world view shifts, and things weill never be the same.  Please be comforted knowing that there are many here who understand your loss, and grieve for you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »

Thanks again everyone I haven't thanked already! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

Condolensces Howie.  Sorry for your loss.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

bunt

• Full CVO Member
    • TN
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »

Howie,
So sorry to hear of your loss, you are right she is in a far better place.
God bless you and yours,
Bunt
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. (Steven Wright)

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »

Sorry for your loss HOIST. We will see her on the other side!!!!

God Speed Hoist's mom!!!
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »

Hoist,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss my condolences to you and Binx.
God bless you and your entire family

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »

Howie I just heard and I feel your pain. I'll remember you and yours in my prayers and whenever God brings you to mind. If I can pray for anything specific let me know. I would be horored to do so. May God's peace that passes all understanding encompass you and yours during this time. Focus on the good memories, it helps with the pain.

God's Speed
Mike

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »

Howie, great post about your mother!  It's obvious you celebrated a life instead of mourning a loss.  I just caught this thread.  Be sure to set a place for her at Thanksgiving and give and receive a lot of hugs.  Shedding a tear at family gatherings is VERY therapeutic!
Thoughts and prayers,
Jim & Karen
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »

Howie, great post about your mother!  It's obvious you celebrated a life instead of mourning a loss.  I just caught this thread.  Be sure to set a place for her at Thanksgiving and give and receive a lot of hugs.  Shedding a tear at family gatherings is VERY therapeutic!
Thoughts and prayers,
Jim & Karen

Just caught up on this. Thanks to all that responded since my last Thank You! :2vrolijk_21:

Funny Jim, we're doing Thanksgiving at our house with the entire family this year. And that's exactly what we're doing, setting a place for her at the table! Appreciate your thoughts on this! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

Just caught up on this. Thanks to all that responded since my last Thank You! :2vrolijk_21:

Funny Jim, we're doing Thanksgiving at our house with the entire family this year. And that's exactly what we're doing, setting a place for her at the table! Appreciate your thoughts on this! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, again my deepest sympathy for you and your family.  I appreciated your thoughts about my dad passing.

I too was very happy to have been able to say the things I did for the short time we had left, from his heart attack to his passing three days later.  But at 10 days short of turning 95, my dad had one hell of a ride.  And ride he did back in the day.  Those days being the late 20', 30's and into the 40's.  His last Harley was a '37 and he said he loved that bike.  But then the family thing happened.

I know you were able to express thoughts and comfort and love to your mother before see rode off into the sunset.  My mom passed in her sleep, but not from a long illness.  I regretting spend "extra" time with her, too busy I guess to make the time.

My dad passed on the 12th of October and as time goes by I can now speak about him to people without having to stop and take a breath or two.  I'm sure that your Thanksgiving will be a good one and all the family and friends will remember her with fond memories.

All I can do now is wish your mom God's speed and no flat tires on her trip.

I've read all of this and I see all the friendship and love here.  You've got lots of friends here and they are showing it now.

Take care...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »

Hoist, again my deepest sympathy for you and your family.  I appreciated your thoughts about my dad passing.

I too was very happy to have been able to say the things I did for the short time we had left, from his heart attack to his passing three days later.  But at 10 days short of turning 95, my dad had one hell of a ride.  And ride he did back in the day.  Those days being the late 20', 30's and into the 40's.  His last Harley was a '37 and he said he loved that bike.  But then the family thing happened.

I know you were able to express thoughts and comfort and love to your mother before see rode off into the sunset.  My mom passed in her sleep, but not from a long illness.  I regretting spend "extra" time with her, too busy I guess to make the time.

My dad passed on the 12th of October and as time goes by I can now speak about him to people without having to stop and take a breath or two.  I'm sure that your Thanksgiving will be a good one and all the family and friends will remember her with fond memories.

All I can do now is wish your mom God's speed and no flat tires on her trip.

I've read all of this and I see all the friendship and love here.  You've got lots of friends here and they are showing it now.

Take care...

What a thoughtful post Dan. Thanks so much for the kind words! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »

Wow, I'm truly sorry Howie. I didn't know until now. I hope you are taking it well. I know exactly how you feel as my mom is in a nursing home and I go to feed her everyday. As your mom, she is a loving mother and always gave her utmost to everyone she knew. I know your mom is at peace now and I will pray for her.  It is with deep regret that I write this. My condolences my friend. I'm sorry for your loss. George 

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »

Howie,
  I just saw your post, I been off line for a few weeks, long story. I'm very sorry about your mother. I just seems like nothing is the same after you Mom dies. My Mom has been gone for almost 9 years, but she is still with me every day of the world, as I know yours will be with you.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »

Howie,

I have just found this thread and I am so sorry for the lost of your mother.  I can not begin to express my thoughts upon this post but know that your lost is her gain.

Keep the faith my friend...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »

Thanks so much George, Cary, and Jock! Your thoughts are appreciated! All you folks are fantastic! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

I missed this Howie. I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. At this time in life I think we all question what it is all about and how someone who gave so much can be taken away, never to be seen again.

For me the things to remember are the happy times and the love that was shared through a lifetime. She will always be alive in your thoughts.

My Mum has had to give up her home and is now living with us whilst undergoing Radiotherapy treatment for an inoperable Brain Tumour. Things don't look too good and the chances are slim that the treatment is succesful in any way. Me and Jan are trying to see this time that she is with us as a blessing and that we can share some happy times while she is here.

Our thoughts are with you both.

Nige & Jan
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »

Howie,
I've been off the net for a while.  Truly sorry to hear about your mom.  Phyllis and I send our deepest condolenses. 
Tony

Chrome O

• 2009 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »

Hoist,

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but hopefully you will ride with her again on the big sky way.  My sincere condolences prayers and thoughts.

Michael
What ever you think   ----your right---

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

Hoist,

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but hopefully you will ride with her again on the big sky way.  My sincere condolences prayers and thoughts.

Michael

Howie,
I've been off the net for a while.  Truly sorry to hear about your mom.  Phyllis and I send our deepest condolenses. 
Tony

I missed this Howie. I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. At this time in life I think we all question what it is all about and how someone who gave so much can be taken away, never to be seen again.

For me the things to remember are the happy times and the love that was shared through a lifetime. She will always be alive in your thoughts.

My Mum has had to give up her home and is now living with us whilst undergoing Radiotherapy treatment for an inoperable Brain Tumour. Things don't look too good and the chances are slim that the treatment is succesful in any way. Me and Jan are trying to see this time that she is with us as a blessing and that we can share some happy times while she is here.

Our thoughts are with you both.

Nige & Jan

Holy Crap! Sorry I missed these. Thanks for your kind thoughts Chrome O! And thanks so much Tony and Nige! Hey Tony, how've you sand Phyllis been man? Healthy and Happy New Year to you all!!! :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Hoist! 8)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Thinking of you and your family in your time of need

Rick and Michelle
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 09:21:30 AM »

Thinking of you and your family in your time of need

Rick and Michelle

Thanks so much Rick & Michelle! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 10:29:20 AM »

Never think of yourself as a burden. We are all hear to share in your pain and to keep you lifted up in prayer. Afterall, isn't that what friends are for? I will be praying for God to give you and your family comfort in your time of suffering and ask that you be lifted up and held in his loving embrace. God bless.

Miss Kitty

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »

Never think of yourself as a burden. We are all hear to share in your pain and to keep you lifted up in prayer. Afterall, isn't that what friends are for? I will be praying for God to give you and your family comfort in your time of suffering and ask that you be lifted up and held in his loving embrace. God bless.

Miss Kitty

Thank you for your kind words Miss Kitty! :2vrolijk_21:

I just noticed you joined us today! Welcome and enjoy this GREAT SITE!!!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:54:50 AM by Hoist! »

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

Howie,
  It has been difficult for me to finally look at this thread.  I wanted to hear the words from the passionate man who has been posting here for so long.  There is no finer tribute to a good women than that of a son.  We are stubborn, proud, heelraisers and usually a thorn in their ass.  Daughters on the other hand are usually less troublesome.

Too few men ever realize the quiet, protective and adoring bond of thier mothers.  Sadly fewer still ever let her know.  I too know I am the man I am today because of my mother.  My father gave me logic, strentgh and perseverence.  My mother gave me love, understanding and compassion.

The passing of my mother two years ago was both sudden and tragic.  The pain and loss are still heavy in my heart.  She lived with me for 4 years, I was able to provide her the golden years.  I am extremely proud and honored she chose me over my siblings. 
To that my friend, let me offer a toast.  To two wonderful women to whom we owe everything.  From two proud and adoring sons who love and miss them immensely.
                                                                                     :drink: Randy   

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

hdhog1, very well said and very touching.

Hoist, I see how late i am to this.  I sincerely am sorry for your loss. I too am dealing with my Mom's deteriorating health due to her progressing cancer. 

Ted
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 21 queries.