Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle cable broke  (Read 782 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Throttle cable broke
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »

Hi Guys, Just had my throttle cable break . Lucky was close to home. Is this normal . I have 20,000 miles on the bike. Always service on time.  Do you think that HD did not lube cables on service. The idle cable is also worn badly so that is replace. The tech advised me to take off the triple cable clamp and just clamp the to throttle cables since they move different than the brake cable.  Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Throttle cable broke
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »

Any single failure could be a one-off.  Two cables side by side suffering premature wear makes you have to consider something local.  The clamping method or altered movement patterns are as likely as anything else.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
Re: Throttle cable broke
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:07:32 AM »

I had one to break in the first few thousand miles out in the middle of no where, Tried to temp fix on it but couldn't had to have it trailered to H-D shop for repair. Then started having trouble with cruise control, thought it might somehow be related, when bike was in shop for that fix i had them check cable and everthing looked fine.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.