Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Watch out for deer  (Read 9625 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Watch out for deer
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »

I'm all for a longer hunting season and more deer tags here in Ohio to thin them out.

Yep, we need to thin them out here in Oklahoma too.... They multiply like rabbits!

In the past I did a lot of deer hunting.... kinda got lazy in my old age.  The getting up before daylight and the cold weather makes it too easy to stay in bed during deer season.

We have the buggers come up in our yard.  My wife complains because the deer eat the flowers around the house....... Anybody want some deer meat? :rifle:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

Yep, we need to thin them out here in Oklahoma too.... They multiply like rabbits!

In the past I did a lot of deer hunting.... kinda got lazy in my old age.  The getting up before daylight and the cold weather makes it too easy to stay in bed during deer season.

We have the buggers come up in our yard.  My wife complains because the deer eat the flowers around the house....... Anybody want some deer meat? :rifle:
Send it down! Or do I have to come up and shoot my own?
I used to hunt in Athens County until the Federalies got too bad. ( long story best told at GTG's ).
They still might have my picture on the post office wall. :rifle: ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »

Sorry to hear of this, Hope you recover soon

FYI, they make deer/moose/elk/caribou whistles that stick on to your front fender with 3M 2 sided tape.

When I lived in Maine, I wouldn't ride without them

B B

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »

Chit like this has the makings of an underwear change. Scary stuff. THE MUFFMAN

I didn't even have time to soil the skivvies...it was FAST.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »

Send it down! Or do I have to come up and shoot my own?
I used to hunt in Athens County until the Federalies got too bad. ( long story best told at GTG's ).
They still might have my picture on the post office wall. :rifle: ;D
Mike

...... Like I said, I've got too lazy to hunt them myself (on a regular basis anyway).  You will have to come shoot your own.  I will provide the firearm and the tractor w/ front-end loader to haul it back up to the house  ;)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:06:12 PM »

I don't mind shootin em and I don't mind cuttin em up but I HATE guttin em  :puke:

B B

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »

I don't mind shootin em and I don't mind cuttin em up but I HATE guttin em  :puke:

B B
Not a problem, Let the wife do it! ;D
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »

Not a problem, Let the wife do it! ;D
Mike

Man....What a Woman.  I'll bet she cleans fish too  :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »

...... Like I said, I've got too lazy to hunt them myself (on a regular basis anyway).  You will have to come shoot your own.  I will provide the firearm and the tractor w/ front-end loader to haul it back up to the house  ;)
  ------->Sounds like the making of a venison eater GTG!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :rifle:

Headpan,
Sorry to hear about your close encounter and spill. Hope you heal quickly and the scooter gets done up right.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:28:25 PM »

Thanks for all the concern, I will be looking into some sort of whistles when I'm up again. hope this does not slow me down, thinkn hard about this. I got medivac'ed by helicoptor to a trama center, bikes are a big part of who I am,I'm either building ,or riding something,I ride hard I do but a 2010 chalenger is looking good right now!.. The panhead is going on ebay soon I think! might just keep a touring bike and sell everyting else!! time will tell. Cant take the pain,ringing in my ears and eyes hurt from inside out!!.. let alone the collar bone. My 16 yr old daughter is not taking it well, I see her on weekends, and she is afraid I think to see me busted up..well this glaring lite of the pc is killing me,thank again,you guys are like family!!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »

Headpan,
Sorry to hear this wish you a speedy recovery. I'm always fearful of deer espectially this time of year, and one of the reasons I prefer not to ride after dark. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »

Thanks for all the concern, I will be looking into some sort of whistles when I'm up again. hope this does not slow me down, thinkn hard about this. I got medivac'ed by helicoptor to a trama center, bikes are a big part of who I am,I'm either building ,or riding something,I ride hard I do but a 2010 chalenger is looking good right now!.. The panhead is going on ebay soon I think! might just keep a touring bike and sell everyting else!! time will tell. Cant take the pain,ringing in my ears and eyes hurt from inside out!!.. let alone the collar bone. My 16 yr old daughter is not taking it well, I see her on weekends, and she is afraid I think to see me busted up..well this glaring lite of the pc is killing me,thank again,you guys are like family!!

Panhead sorry for your accident, hope you heal up good as new. Not that it matters but what happened to the buck. :nixweiss:  Take Care.  :2vrolijk_21:    http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/Deer_Whistle_p/v-120.htm
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »

Hope the healin' comes quick Headpan. Gots lots of the creatures here in Upstate NY and know too well what kinda problem they present. Hell, only thing scarier than a deer is a minivan!!  :nervous: Again hope you mend quick and God Bless.

Howie

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

:o  WOW, Headpan!  You're Blessed indeed.  That scooter can be fixed.  Don't worry about that.  Get yourself better and back on the road.  You're in our thoughts and prayers.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about your accident. Heal quick, physically and the other way. Being from your home state, and with the rut beginning, those tickbags are everywhere. The Jersey assembly has a Bill upcoming to allow bowhunting on Sundays. Call or email your Representatives and the Governor's office and tell them what happened. Let us take the numbers down and possibly avoid this kind of thing. If the Jersey politicos don't pass this, it just shows you which they consider more important between you and the deer

Just an additional note- there are 2 less breeders to worry about around Vorhees
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:30:49 PM by comfortablynumb »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.