Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: 02 SERG OR 09 RG  (Read 7516 times)

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 serg
    • My company site
02 SERG OR 09 RG
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »

Hey , this is my 1st post, so I hope its in the right place.  I have only 2 days to make this decision. MY neighbor is offering me his 01 serg with (get this) 1000 miles on it. for 18000. (maby even 17k).

My question is that after I read the review of the 09 "non" SE Road Glide in Motorcycle consumer news, they feel that the suspension upgrades are light years ahead of the previous FL frame, plus there are other enhancements in the technology area. If im not mistaken the 01 is even has carbs.   The motors are about the same size.

I would like the SERG because of the special nature of CVO plus all that nice chrome and stuff.  But is it a silly decision considering I can get a new bike under warrantee that the reviewers are raving about.

So, the question is do I go for a brand new Road Glide stock  or for almost the same price the older serg in almost new condition.
PS. I owned a 03 SEEG and wish i never sold it!
any feedback is much appreciated!!  Steve

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: 02 SERG OR 09 RG
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:31:25 AM »

A few things

1)   You type 02 SERG in your subject header. NO SUCH THING!

2)   You ask what a 01 SERG is worth but tell us nothing (except mileage) about it.

3)   You ask about a 09 "non" S/E Road Glide. That makes no sense. It's either a R/G or it's a SERG. There's no such thing as a "non" S/E road Gide.

4)   If I had the choice of a SERG or a standard R/G for close to the same money. The SERG will be at my house. Even if the 09's ride great.

5)   03 SEEG?  There is no such bike. You may have bought it in 03 but it was titled 04 if it was a SEEG.

6)   Welcome to the site!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:24:35 AM »

Hey thanks for that fast reply.  Now that my kids are on the bus, I can concentrate better!

I had an 04 CVO electraglide the blue and black, it was awsome but a back operation put me out for a while and I sold it on a whim!

I did mean to say 01 SERG.  It has 950 miles on it because my neighbor rides his softail and thought he was going to take trips on the SERG but never did.  He is the second owner, but the 1st guy also had a few bikes and they are very tight friends so it never got rode ( sounds weird I know), He is not my next door neighbor but a guy around the block, so I dont really know him.

The bike looks like it came out of the showroom yesterday, and I know the dearlership it came from.

one thing that caught my eye was that I thought this bike had the same detenator wheels my 04 had, which were polished chrome all around. but this bike has a wheel that has a unpollished finish on certail sections. and then pollished on the sides. I guess I check the harley website to print out the exact specs.

hes got everything including the back support for the driver.

I never thought my 04 SEEG bike handled poorly or suffered from wobbling etc, but now Im reading reviews of the new frame and the reviewers are trashing the old frame, one guy even said that he rode a 07 CVO Electra glide and
couldn't keep it in a straight line going down the highway!  That guy must have had vertigo or something!!!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:28:48 AM by bakes »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »

Hey thanks for that fast reply.  Now that my kids are on the bus, I can concentrate better!

I had an 04 CVO electraglide the blue and black, it was awsome but a back operation put me out for a while and I sold it on a whim!

I did mean to say 01 SERG.  It has 950 miles on it because my neighbor rides his softail and thought he was going to take trips on the SERG but never did.  He is the second owner, but the 1st guy also had a few bikes and they are very tight friends so it never got rode ( sounds weird I know), He is not my next door neighbor but a guy around the block, so I dont really know him.

The bike looks like it came out of the showroom yesterday, and I know the dearlership it came from.

one thing that caught my eye was that I thought this bike had the same detenator wheels my 04 had, which were polished chrome all around. but this bike has a wheel that has a unpollished finish on certail sections. and then pollished on the sides. I guess I check the harley website to print out the exact specs.

hes got everything including the back support for the driver.

I never thought my 04 SEEG bike handled poorly or suffered from wobbling etc, but now Im reading reviews of the new frame and the reviewers are trashing the old frame, one guy even said that he rode a 07 CVO Electra glide and
couldn't keep it in a straight line going down the highway!  That guy must have had vertigo or something!!!

Bakes

Try to get a picture of the 01 SERG so you can post it.

You sold your 04 on a whim?  I bet that a decision you have regretted many times over.

The wheel thing on that SERG is a little strange.

As far as the handling of the 09's, they are great. I'm not saying the previous was bad just that the 09's are that much better.

If the earlier SERG is in good shape, you will never regret buying it.

Keep us informed.

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »

Couple of thoughts.

Yep, ya got your years screwed up. OK.

New Road Glide $20,000+ time it's said and done. You get a 1" bigger motor w/ a 2 year warranty. New taller frame which is superior to the '00/'01. It really is a better bike. You'll want to buy a tour pak and lowers so there's a couple of more thou.

'00 / '01: Class. Great bike w/ a lesser intake system. Assuming it's mechanically sound (sitting around for 7 or 8 years isn't a good thing) you'll have a great ride that will take you across the county and back. I briefly had an '00 and if H.D. hadn't come out w/ the SERG this year I'd still have it and be proud to ride it - anywhere.

If you're going to ride the wheels off it I'd go for a newer bike because of the warranty. If you intend to stay close to home I'd think real hard about the used one.

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »

I sold my 04 SEEG with only 4500 miles, after I owned it for close to three years!

Im im really only going to use this new one with the same or less use.  I just dont have the time with two little ones around the house.  MY wife and I usually just take a 10-20 mile cruise on the weekends.   If I take 1 trip from LI to americade or something , thats about it.  So, I think im looking at the chrome and paint and having a unique ride.

Steve

JackLINY48

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »

Sounds like a decent price if its as nice as you say with those miles.  What color......blue or black/charcoal ?  I would love to see a pic too.  I own a blue one for almost 4 years.....a great bike, I doubt you will regret getting it.  Good luck !

Jack

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »

Here is my "logic".  You can always buy a std RG anywhere, anytime just like everbody else.  Today you will even get a great deal on one. However you will not find a low mileage 01 SERG everyday.  If you can buy it for $17 K (a decent price but not great) then I would get it.  You know the history of the bike and there is comfort in that.  It would be an easy decision for me.  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

Several months ago I would have said the price on the 01 was on the high side; even with the low mileage.  Mileage that low on a bike that old is actually a service concern.  But that's a separate issue you just have accept going in if you buy something like that.

However.....  With all the interest the new SE Road Glides have attracted and the way they've sold (even with the economy on a slide) I've noticed used prices on the classic SERGs rebounding.  The new SERGs are having a positive effect on the classic SERGs.  So now the price is probably closer to high average rather than just high.

Doesn't sound like you're going to ride either one a great deal anyway.  Nor do a tremendous amount of tinkering.  Just ride it around the neighborhood and enjoy it mostly.  That being so your choice is simple.  It's not about over the road reliability nor about balls out performance nor really any other factor other than which makes you feel better.  So...  which one makes you tingly in your special place when you look at it?  Figure that out and buy that one.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »

I would have to go with the 09 RG.  The new frame and handling are fantastic.  The 01 SERG would be nice but only 950 miles I would say the seals will go if you start riding it.  Just my opinion.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

hmm, the opinions are coming in!!

Where let me add this info, I wont have a picture because I dont think ill see the bike again unless I pull the trigger. 

Also, its the black one!!

I wonder how much better the new Brembros are then the 01 brakes

good news is that I got my wifes blessing to buy either one. its alot better than just showing up at home with one, like I usually do!!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:10:54 PM by bakes »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

My  Brembos work great. Like the CD better then cassettes too.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »

hmm, the opinions are coming in!!

Where let me add this info, I wont have a picture because I dont think ill see the bike again unless I pull the trigger. 

Also, its the black one!!

good news is that I got my wifes blessing to buy either one. its alot better than just showing up at home with one, like I usually do!!!!

Let me answer that.
I have the 01 and the 09.
It's a world of difference!
But I still love my 01 SERG!

You say the 01 SERG is a black one?  Like in Black and Gray?
If it's solid black it's not a SERG, , , unless it's been repainted.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:16 PM »

black and grey with the eagles painted on the side. CD exchanger in the tour pac,
its got those fish hook or whatever you call them exhaust tips which I dont think are stock , but I know the exhaust is often the 1st thing to go when someone buys harleys .

I dont think there are any shenanagins (spelling ) here!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »

black and grey with the eagles painted on the side. CD exchanger in the tour pac,
its got those fish hook or whatever you call them exhaust tips which I dont think are stock , but I know the exhaust is often the 1st thing to go when someone buys harleys .

Sounds like a real 01 SERG.
Exhaust tips like those are called "Shark Fins"

Let us know what you decide!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »

Bakes, tell your neighbor I will give him $17k for it.  The sharkfins are desireable.  My concern would be the dry rot on the rubber and the seals has someone else said.  But those are easily corrected.  Let me know where to come get it.
thanks

MikeD

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »

Heck if you don't buy it, I know someone that will!  It's a classic, imo...

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 07:44:49 PM »

Heck if you don't buy it, I know someone that will!  It's a classic, imo...

Mike, you stay out of this! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Next think we know the price is up to $18K  >:( >:(

MikeD

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »

Mike, you stay out of this! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Next think we know the price is up to $18K  >:( >:(
:huepfenlol2:All I can do is laugh! :huepfenlol2:  I can't respond to that one, I have no comeback! :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

Warren, My Dad wanted one of those for the longest time.  He searched and couldn't find a used one without a bunch of miles so he ended up with the FXDWG3, and later got a 05 Road Glide, 30,000 miles later, he still has it.  If I had told him that there was one out there with under 1k miles and under $20K, he would give up his first born, thats me!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:02:42 PM by MikeD »

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 10:37:14 PM »

well guys, I spoke to the guy today and threw a number at him of 15k and he came back with 16!!!!

So, im going for it!

within two days I should have it and have some pics on here!

wish me luck

Steve

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 10:39:44 PM »

well guys, I spoke to the guy today and threw a number at him of 15k and he came back with 16!!!!

So, im going for it!

within two days I should have it and have some pics on here!

wish me luck

Steve

Great choice.  You're gonna love it.  I had one from 01 until my first O/B SEEG in 04.  Same color.  Great riding bike - comfortable and nice handling!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HDBKK

• Waiting 09 SERG
  • why drive, when u can ride?
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

Couple of thoughts.

Yep, ya got your years screwed up. OK.

New Road Glide $20,000+ time it's said and done. You get a 1" bigger motor w/ a 2 year warranty. New taller frame which is superior to the '00/'01. It really is a better bike. You'll want to buy a tour pak and lowers so there's a couple of more thou.

'00 / '01: Class. Great bike w/ a lesser intake system. Assuming it's mechanically sound (sitting around for 7 or 8 years isn't a good thing) you'll have a great ride that will take you across the county and back. I briefly had an '00 and if H.D. hadn't come out w/ the SERG this year I'd still have it and be proud to ride it - anywhere.

If you're going to ride the wheels off it I'd go for a newer bike because of the warranty. If you intend to stay close to home I'd think real hard about the used one.

Hi Screamin,

I'm totally new to this forum.......just found it a week ago and it's very helpful.  I've been reading on the 09 SERG in the past week because I'm getting one in Thailand!  I was wondering one thing you said because I don't know what you mean.  Sorry, it could be silly.  You said something about "lower", can you please tell me what you mean on that?  And.........to do so, what needs to be done?  Thanks in advance..........can't wait for it to arrive here in Thailand!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:20 AM »

So, the question is do I go for a brand new Road Glide stock  or for almost the same price the older serg in almost new condition.
PS. I owned a 03 SEEG and wish i never sold it!
any feedback is much appreciated!!  Steve

I had the same choice to make a year ago and bought a low mile 00 and haven't regretted it. Like they said a new SERG by the time you add the tour pack and lowers is priced out of site. That 95 inch motor is almost a quick as a new 110 and without all the issues and a much more complete bike for half the cost. Those shark fins will grow on you after a while and are no longer available, so take good care of them. I think the complete package will be available again next year but with a wet motor to make use of the new chasis and then it would be better to wait another year or two for them to get it sorted out. In the mean time you can enjoy the bike that started it all, the 00 and 01 Screaming Eagles.   :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 01:06:26 AM »

Hi Screamin,

I'm totally new to this forum.......just found it a week ago and it's very helpful.  I've been reading on the 09 SERG in the past week because I'm getting one in Thailand!  I was wondering one thing you said because I don't know what you mean.  Sorry, it could be silly.  You said something about "lower", can you please tell me what you mean on that?  And.........to do so, what needs to be done?  Thanks in advance..........can't wait for it to arrive here in Thailand!

Not a silly question at all.

Lower fairings. See:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441844843&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309148514&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309148514&bmUID=1226988096280&bmLocale=en_US

Also may need the "glove" boxes that go inside them.

Best of luck w/ the new ride. Hope it arrives soon.

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 02:01:48 AM »

thanks for the encouraging words! stay tuned and ill have some photos up here in a couple days!

MikeD

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 06:21:23 AM »

Congrats Bakes! :2vrolijk_21:  You stole it for sure!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:09 AM »

thanks for the encouraging words! stay tuned and ill have some photos up here in a couple days!

Congrats bakes!

Show us those pictures!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »

Congratulations bakes! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »

:huepfenlol2:All I can do is laugh! :huepfenlol2:  I can't respond to that one, I have no comeback! :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

Warren, My Dad wanted one of those for the longest time.  He searched and couldn't find a used one without a bunch of miles so he ended up with the FXDWG3, and later got a 05 Road Glide, 30,000 miles later, he still has it.  If I had told him that there was one out there with under 1k miles and under $20K, he would give up his first born, thats me!

Well, in that case I would have certainly let him have it. Here is where I could really ding you about your value vs the value of the bike....but I won't.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Unfortunetly, Bakes came to his senses and went for it.
Good for him!  And congrats!  BTW, were are the pics of it?

MikeD

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »

:huepfenlol2:  Spoken like a true Dad! :huepfenlol2:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 01:54:20 PM »

Both is the clear winner, get both...

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 04:49:49 PM »

I got it!

I just want to come clean about 1 thing, it really has 502 miles, but I didnt want to say exactly incase anyone that saw the bike read my post, and then decided that they better move on it. 

Now I only road it home just now for 4 miles and im curious about some things

a.  the handlebars seem  to move slightly in my grip if I force them forward or back a little.  Are these rubber mounted , like I read the new road glides are? 

b. this bike is fuel injected, but I thought I read here that the 01 SERG had carbs?

c. I may have to get used to the stearing geometry  some,  because my last glide was an Electra Glide and the handling feels different.

Of course here are some pics, but its getting dark here so the quality of the shots are mediocre.

I hope over the next few days, as I poke around this bike further , that it lives up to my expectations.

Steve

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 04:56:22 PM »

I got it!

I just want to come clean about 1 thing, it really has 502 miles, but I didnt want to say exactly incase anyone that saw the bike read my post, and then decided that they better move on it. 

Now I only road it home just now for 4 miles and im curious about some things

a.  the handlebars seem  to move slightly in my grip if I force them forward or back a little.  Are these rubber mounted Yes, but you probably need to change the bushings if it moves a lot , like I read the new road glides are? 

b. this bike is fuel injected, but I thought I read here that the 01 SERG had carbs?Stock ones are fuel injected, , , some members have changed theirs to a carb.
c. I may have to get used to the stearing geometry  some,  because my last glide was an Electra Glide and the handling feels different.

Of course here are some pics, but its getting dark here so the quality of the shots are mediocre.

I hope over the next few days, as I poke around this bike further , that it lives up to my expectations. The bike is what it is, you just need to live up to the honor of owning one. We have faith in you!

Steve

Good luck, you now own a prize, treat it accordingly!

SBB

and post more pictures!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 04:57:52 PM »

pic2

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »

bla

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 05:08:13 PM »

I cant seem to get this S_ _ _ Grin off my face, and and I feel like a lucky bastard!!

I have now owned this bike for one hour and eight minutes!

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »

Beautiful machine...enjoy!!!!!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »

I cant seem to get this S_ _ _ Grin off my face, and and I feel like a lucky bastard!!

Congrats!!! That smile is just the beginning of the good times you'll have. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

NICE!!! Now the fun really begins - P.S. The S.E. Grin is included free with ownership.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »

Yep you did good, Bakes, real good! :2vrolijk_21:  There are several jealous people on this site right now for sure.  But all of us are happy for you and have felt your joy ourselves in the past.  Enjoy it and make it your own.  Unless you are a decent wrench on HD's I would take it to a dealer for a good once over.  Fluids and all rubber stuff need a close look see.
Congrats.......send more pics.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »

good choice! i'm jelous!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »

I want to thank you all again for the kinds words and guidence.  I still cant believe I found this one. Ill get 1 or 2 good shots ,but then I better stop gloating!!!  IM definetly going to participte in this great site.

keep the rubber down all!

Bakes

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:41 PM »

Congrats on a great score. You're gonna want to take it on more than just 10 - 20 miles jaunts. See you in Eureka Springs.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »

bakes,
Great score, :thumbsup:you can't go wrong with the classic SERG! I agree with Screamin, you will wanta take it out for longer rides. :)
Mike
 :drink:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:19:37 PM by MIKEYTEE »
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MikeD

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »

Does your neighbor have any other treasures he's hiding?

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »

Im just surprised that someone would buy a SE and not be a more avid ryder of it. 

Even with my lack of any real touring i managed to put 4500 miles on my 04 SEEG before I sold it 2.5 years later.

Turns out my neighbor bought it from his friend who was getting older and had some bikes and just really didnt ride much any more.

So my neighbor bought it thinking he was gona tour , but realized he wasnt and already has a tricked out softtail.

He only advertised it in the local paper once three weeks ago and i spotted the ad. yaa!

Bakes

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »

Sweeet :2vrolijk_21:  Congrates and thanks for the pics.  Doc

partycrasher

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »

i have an 09 orange black for sale in the selling section if you are interested

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »

I want to thank you all again for the kinds words and guidence.  I still cant believe I found this one. Ill get 1 or 2 good shots ,but then I better stop gloating!!!  IM definetly going to participte in this great site.

keep the rubber down all!

Bakes

Hey Chip, he's making me jealous! Congratulations bakes, you've got yourself one fine bike that you will not regret owning.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

Did it come with the indoor cover ?  That is another item that is in demand and no longer available, but other than that it looks like you got a complete out of the box bike. Gloat all you want.  ;D  Doc

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »

I was going to ask about the cover also, And what about the driver AND rider backrest? did you get those also?
You got a very special bike there. Be Proud. It was our era Screamin Eagles that started it all.

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »

I have the cover.  the driver backrest too,  the passenger one is attached to the tour pac, unless there is some other passenger backrest, but I dont know where you would attach that.

I dont have an owners manual though :(

Bakes

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »

I have the cover.  the driver backrest too,  the passenger one is attached to the tour pac, unless there is some other passenger backrest, but I dont know where you would attach that.

I dont have an owners manual though :(

Bakes

Bakes

The tour Pak is detachable.
There is a passenger backrest for use when the tour pak is off.
Make sure you get it.
Check Ebay for owners manual and worse case you can still get one from the Harley shop.
WE NEED MORE PICTURES!
Congrats again!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »

i hope he's got that backrest. ill give the guy a call.

thanks!!!

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

he's got the back rest!! dropping it off at my house tomorrow!!!

no manual, but thats not that important. ill find one.

Bakes

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

no manual, but thats not that important. ill find one.

Bakes

Go ahead and set you up a saved search on Ebay for Screaming Eagle Road Glide and just Road Glide and everything you could possibly want will be there. (maybe)
We are here for you!

Also go to the SERG section on this site and start from the first topic and read to the last. (as time allows)
There's no way you will remember all the stuff that's there but when an issue comes up, you will think, "I read about that on the site".
Take your time, you have a classic bike and a quality machine and nothing will ever change that.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 03:44:49 PM »

Bakes

Dude;

I'd go buy a lottery ticket. You're on a he!! of a roll.  :2vrolijk_21:

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:13 PM »

i never buy lottery tickets, but maby I should!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »

Bakes

Score Again !!  You are one lucky guy. Those manuals do show up on ebay from time to time. Follow the Road Glide thread and you will also find original dealer brochures and magazine articles from its introduction. If you have a hard time let me know and Ill e-mail them to you.

Doc

REGGAB

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Sweet machine, and a favorite scheme of mine.  I don't know enough about M&M to own one of those, especially after watching friends and builders use copious expletives while trying to figure it out.  If not for the M&M, I'd own one.  Best wishes to you.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »

Go ahead and set you up a saved search on Ebay for Screaming Eagle Road Glide and just Road Glide and everything you could possibly want will be there. (maybe)
We are here for you!

Also go to the SERG section on this site and start from the first topic and read to the last. (as time allows)
There's no way you will remember all the stuff that's there but when an issue comes up, you will think, "I read about that on the site".
Take your time, you have a classic bike and a quality machine and nothing will ever change that.

So where are we now?? :P ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I know, I know.

Just wanted to make sure he checks it all out.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Physically or metaphorically?

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »

i guess i should get some insurance and plates now.  Its so cold here in NY , im tempted to just keep it cover3ed until the spring... but that thought should last about 12 hours.  I really have to get on the road and really see what it all about.  tomorrow more photos ( I have to leave u guys with some suspense, now that the purcahse is done and this thread is in its anti climatic stages.

Bakes

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »

Now you can spend the rest of the winter looking for a good deal on one of these. You may not know it now but you will have one soon. I just hooked mine up this morning and we are going to ride today. Mama wants to stop at the mall on the way back to fill it up. We are still in the mid 80's here in SoCal today and the winds have finally calmed down. The "Shake and Bake State" has found some peace.  Enjoy, Doc

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2008, 11:16:23 AM »

Awesome scoop Bakes!  Enjoy!

Let me know when you want to sell it... ;)

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »

Sweet bike and man you got a heck of a deal!!  I bought a '00 back in 6/2006 with 900 miles on it.  It now has 5,500 miles and I've had no issues with it at all, and absolutely love it.  I think they really have to be sitting for 10+ years in a poor environment before you have seals issues, as some have mentioned.  I'd change all the fluids just due to age, run some fuel system cleaner through it, and start accessorizing!  Congrats man.

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »

and now for the fly in the ointment!

I went to DMV Today with my insurance, title , forms , ready to go. and was informed that the title is invalid because a newer replacement title had been ordered in 2003.  Now I have to wait for the guy to check his safe for the right one!

OTherwise it takes 10 days to get a title in the mail. 

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 06:18:52 PM »

Theres almost always 1 snag. Dont worry, its in Your garage now!

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2008, 01:12:45 AM »

Great choice Bakes and a beautiful bike.  $16k sounded like a fair price given the miles - you did good!  Color-wise, I'm partial to the Blue like my '01 hence the name.  I agree with the group, that you'll love that bike.  Gave up my Fatty for mine and haven't been disappointed.  Had 16k on it when I got it 3 years ago, currently at 39k.  A guy in my local HOG club has 103k on his '00 SERG.  Wrestled with the idea of going to an '09 but really enjoy my '01 and can't justify the cost (to myself anyway) in this economy.  Ride and enjoy.  Only 5xx miles in 7 years - an amazing find.   

Cheers,

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

straightshoooter

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 SERG BLUE/BLUE
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

What a beautiful bike (even though it's not blue  ;).  You made the right decision in my opinion.  Me, I sold my 08 SE Ultra for 35K (engine issues) and bought my 01 SERG for 15K (16,000mi) and have enough left over for a little non-bagger hot rod.  Next is a slammed SE 103 Fat Boy (love the 103 engine).  These used bikes are going for great prices right now.  I think you stole this classic.  Have fun and ride safe.   :2vrolijk_21:
"HE WHO LOSES WEALTH LOSES MUCH; HE WHO LOSES A FRIEND LOSES MORE; BUT HE THAT LOSES COURAGE LOSES ALL."

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »

yea the 103" motor is sweet.  I did have a 2004 SEEG in blue and black.  Man was that a sweet looking ride.  Everywhere I went people thought it was a custom paint job.

It only had 4500 miles on it when I sold.  When I made that deal with the guy and his wife. They raced to Long Island from Pennsylvania , handed me 26k geen ones, and threw it in the back of his pickup truck, and took off!!

I bet they are lovin that ride!

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »

Here is the one I sold!

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »

look at that thing. its incredible!  How can a machine stirr soo much emotion in a man! I ask you!

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »

Let it go bakes,.........Let it go.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 21 queries.