Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!  (Read 21980 times)

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »

I beg to differ, these shields will fit the standard FLT fairings.  All you have to do is order the seal for the wind deflector that came on the 09 SERG. 

I hadn't said anything, but that's what I thought, too. Can't see the MoCo making a different fairing for the SERGs. Just doesn't make sense.

Tell me, you got your shields for free right?  For testing them and reporting back the results?  Would you pay out $300+shipping for an unknown shield?

Don't know if anyone got a free CB shield out of this. I do know that those who ordered the old CB shield got the new one at the old price. Makes me wish I'd ordered a CB shield a few weeks ago. DOH!

Does it really cost CB 1.5x to make the new SERG TRSSC shield as it does for the stock TRSSC shield? I dunno. Seems a stretch to me.

If we cared about cost, we wouldn't be here. It's all about form and function.

Maybe for some. For me it's about a balance between form, function and price. And it may be that the price that is painful for me is not for someone else. So be it.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »

Howdy Chief, sorry for the  :jack:

Thanks for your service... just made Chief myself (won't pin on until Oct) and am headed to the CLC next month. Plan on following in your footsteps & doing 30... gotta pay for my bike somehow (and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up anyway... lol)

Hey Brother, after the 30 take a year off like I did...at least 6 months anyway.  You'll know when it's time to find your second career just like you'll know when to punch out.  Best of luck to you and yours and thank you too for your service.  Believe me, someone will be there to carry the banner when you leave.  Remember, we are the people our mothers warned us about :2vrolijk_21:

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 06:10:26 PM »

Maybe for some. For me it's about a balance between form, function and price. And it may be that the price that is painful for me is not for someone else. So be it.
[/quote]

Many would say about us " some have more money than sense" since we bought the $30K+ bikes and it may be true to a point.  Although when I looked back at my 04 RK Custom, I clearly had over $30K into it so when justifying this bike to myself, I just added up things like 110 kit, paint set, wheels (oops, I'm over $10K) and added it to the $20K for a FLT. ???  Easy decision then ::)  Next came convincing the better half :nixweiss: ...not so easy!

I've worked in aircraft maintenance for over 30 years and my background is in structures to include Plastics and composits...I know what goes into making these shields.  After the initial investment in setting up the machinery or making jigs, fixtures or molds, its not much more work to produce 100 than it is 10.  Doing the finish work like polishing and cleaning up the sharp edges takes no longer than doing the old type. 

Look at it this way.  If I were CB, I'd jump at a group buy...why you ask?  Because if there is a shield out there that we the SERG owners prefer, wouldn't it make sense to ensure my shield was on as many of these bikes that attract crowds all by themselves?  Hell yea I would!  And the fact that these shields fit all other FLTs makes each of our bikes a billboard for CB.  I believe they are looking at this shortsighted trying to recoup their R&D rather than looking at the BIG PICTURE...JMHO

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 08:27:16 PM »

I believe they are looking at this shortsighted trying to recoup their R&D rather than looking at the BIG PICTURE...JMHO

Sure looks that way...

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »

Sure looks that way...
Look`s that way to me also ! ! !

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »

Doc,

I beg to differ, these shields will fit the standard FLT fairings.  All you have to do is order the seal for the wind deflector that came on the 09 SERG.  That same wind deflector is advertised in the HD catalog as fitting all other Felts as well.  The first shield you got from them was indeed a bad fit but with slotting of the center hole it would have dropped down in place better than you show it in the first thread.  CB is flat WRONG (Joe) when they say the fairings are different. 

Tell me, you got your shields for free right?  For testing them and reporting back the results?  Would you pay out $300+shipping for an unknown shield?

I mean no disrespect and I've said before that I appreciate all the work you and others poured into this to make this happen

and I truly hope these CB shields are the answer to our buffeting woes. 

First off, I did not get my Cee Bailys shield for free. I orderd online and recieved a shield that did not fit as it was disigned to fit non-09 SERGs but stock RGs. Joe at Cee Bailys was aware of the fit issue and they returned my shield on there dime. I was one of the first people that recieved a 09 SERG Cee Bailys shields made to fit our bikes and was sent two to test (prototypes) I also tested the new hardware and install instructions and was asked from Joe to check things out. The fit is perfect useing the 09 SERG molding (gasket) the hardware was also perfect which made the install that much better, also his installation instructions were on the money. The two shields I have now will be trashed and I am awaiting the newer shield for my bike. As to weather they fit older bikes I only passed on what I was told and have not tried them on Non 09 SERGs. BTW I was told they will not fit.
I will only say this my search for a windshield that works is over. Also I did get this new shield at the older price. Would I pay more for a shield that works?  Very much so.   Doc

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »

I had posted early Monday I had called to order one.  The sales guy was clueless asked me if I wanted Euro, Dome, or Sport.  Also said almost 300 for Dark tint plus shipping on the 14" shield.  He could not answer any questions.

Well, I called back Tuesday after noon and specifically asked to talk to Joe.  What a differance, what a great person to talk to who was extremely helpful.  I bet he talked with me for 30 minutes making sure I ordered the correct shield for me.  He did have to transfer me to sales so I could order the shield.  However he made sure the sales person knew the cost, and the correct shield.

The price was what was posted on one of these threads with the word document attachment.

Right at 257 with shipping for the 14" dark dome.

There are 29 orders ahead of me.  Joe feels I should have it in two weeks but not longer than three weeks...
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

For $300 for a piece of plastic it better be soft, pliable and wrapped around a girl.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

or Dood.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »

Negative

Yeah, you're right.  That's be a much bigger piece of plastic.  Probably a thousand bucks for that one ??? .

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  That's be a much bigger piece of plastic.  Probably a thousand bucks for that one ??? .

Dood in a little plastic wrap. Really, really bad thing. Lots and lots and lots of plastic, might be ok.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

Dood in a little plastic wrap. Really, really bad thing. Lots and lots and lots of plastic, might be ok.

Agreed.  Might be even worse than a thong ??? .

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

:nervous:

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »

I ordered one a few weeks ago.  The estimated price was between 250 and 300.  I ordered a 15" euro.  Well, last week CB called me and told me that mine would ship Monday.  He asked a couple questions and inquired about my height.  So he then adjusted the order and said it will be made and shipped Monday and I should have it today.  So we will see when I get home.  Cost for the 13" is $249.  Thats about $50 more than the KW and $70 more than Clearview.  1 dinner night out at a half way decent restuarant.
  Yep, we are paying for the R&D.  Its not like there are 20k Roadglides out there.  These are being specifically made for the 09 SERG.  How many of the 3000 owners will pick one of these up.  You want one or you don't.  Pay or don't pay but.....quityerbitchin!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.