Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bicep tendon injury  (Read 1310 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Bicep tendon injury
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »

I apologise if I'm in the wrong place but I wasn't sure on where to post this. Lately I have been experiencing some serious flair ups in the left bicep tendon area after an hour ride or so. (I'm right handed) I already take medications for another injury and it helps but I'm puzzled about this injury since I don't remember doing anything that would have caused it. Other than strong pain medication, ice treatment is the only thing that helps. An old arm wrestler buddy taught me about using Styrofoam cups filled with water and into the freezer. I just peel back the cup exposing the ice and rub it all around the area being carefull not to burn my skin. This has been going on for about 10 weeks. I made a Dr.'s appointmet but it will be another 8 weeks until he can see me.

I just reluctantly canceled my appointment for next Monday to have a much needed TTS tuner installed and a Dyno tune at JD's in Bethlehem Pa. It's over 7 hours each way and I just can't take the chance on doing more damage or worse loosing control and possibly hurting someone else.

Anybody ever go through this or know where to go for some info that would offer some relief ?  This site has never let me down before!

Thanks

Ray G.   

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Bicep tendon injury
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

$.02:

Not a Dr. but have had my share of injuries.   :confused5:  If you have tendonitis, try a Glucosamine / Chondroitin complex.  This is not another drug but a natural antiinflammatory.  A good massage therapist helps too.  Ice is good after you irritate it but alternating ice and heat (jacuzzi) will promote healing.   :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.