Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: road king fairing  (Read 27092 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: road king fairing
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »

if the head unit has an input jack typically it is a selectable source, if your GPS is also an MP3 player then the GPS should give voice directions priority and interrupt the MP3. however if your are listening to the radio and your GPS talks to you, you most likely will not hear it because you are not on that input. some radios may have a priority setting that if something comes through that input it will temporarily play that instead
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

PurpleSEI

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2006, 09:07:01 PM »

I see on Hoppe website that they have add chrome speaker covers and chrome radio bezel. $83 doesn't seem unreasonable.  I think I like it. Anyone else?
Reinhart true duals

jachin72

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2006, 11:26:01 AM »

They do look sharp.  I went with a Dragonfly, who does not offer any spruce up of the speaker area.  

Steve

say001

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44:17 AM »

been out of town. thanks for all the replies. helped alot. spidermans commets on the ride was very interesting. anyone else find anything different about the ride after installing their fairing? harley dealership told me today that if i put fairing on that i would have to have work done on the forks to adjust for the extra weight. bike may wobble at high speeds. anyone notice that?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

bringing this to the top as a favor to dps4
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:44:15 PM by SPIDERMAN »

roadking07

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

"original message: also, I ordered a lowrance iway 500c gps. the info on this unit says that it comes with a 1/8 plug that pluges into the radio and it will announce turns through the radio if radio has a place to plug it in. my friend has 05 electra glide hd stock radio and it pluged into it and worked fine. some of the radios i read about have plugs in them that will take xm radio or mp3. does anyone know if that will work? on hd radio the turn info will come in over the music and announce turns etc.thanks again  Dan "

Hey Spiderman - I like the fairing - I will be getting one soon enough once all the money is saved up.  what eclipse stereo do you have - the cd2000 or the cd3000? - the reason I ask is because in order to listen to an mp3 player such as an ipod or in your case the GPS you have to upgrade to the cd3000 unit and run a input jack into the back of the head unit from your mp3 player.  The cd2000 unit doesn't have the capibility to run an external audio device.  Hope that helps

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2006, 06:23:26 PM »

Hey Spiderman - I like the fairing - I will be getting one soon enough once all the money is saved up.  what eclipse stereo do you have - the cd2000 or the cd3000? - the reason I ask is because in order to listen to an mp3 player such as an ipod or in your case the GPS you have to upgrade to the cd3000 unit and run a input jack into the back of the head unit from your mp3 player.  The cd2000 unit doesn't have the capibility to run an external audio device.  Hope that helps

I can
t answer this since I sold the fairing to a buddy in Mississippi and bought a new 07 Road Glide. Elvis ( my 03 SERK) is now a total RK showboat with crocodile/ostrich saddlebags and seat and just an RK windshield when I need it. I was trying to have a one size fits all bike and be able to transform Elvis into whatever, but in the end, I felt it looked so much better without all the touring stuff. There's some pics on one of the threads somewhere of the bike with the croc bags and seat.  Anyway, best of luck with the mods to your RK. It works good and looks good.

B B
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.