Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: road king fairing  (Read 27173 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: road king fairing
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2006, 12:12:36 PM »

http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com

i saw them in laconia, it looks to be a well thought out product, they even say they can paint to match the FLHRSEI flames

it seems to be the one i keep going back to but i'm looking for feedback in stead of just going by a sales pitch
I saw this one on dragonfly website.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »

back up to page 5 of this thread and you'll see two pics of the paint on mine. As I mentioned, a local painter did it. Cost was about $750-850, not sure exactly, he painted two complete saddlebags and the inner and outer fairing shells for $1,500   Anyway, I saw the Dragonfly in Laconia as well and found a shop here in Dago that sells em as well. Maybe it's just me, but I did not like the attachement brkt being made out of fiberglass. Also the brkt is sooooo think, I'm not sure if you can even put spots on with it  

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »

spots are no problem with dragonfly
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »

Nait

the lighbulb comes on

head unit is by Eclipse  200 watts AM/FM , CD and wired for Sirius Satelite Four - 5 1/2" Marine speakers

wasn't dissin the Dragonfly, looks like a good product. Just preferred the Hoppe

FYI the Dragonfly Tach Brkt DOES NOT FIT  the dash of a SERK it' s made to fit a stock RK

bought one had to send it back

jachin72

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »

RAT S#^^ >:(

I was thinking of using that tach mount.  I need to rethink my plans and maybe consider one of those combo setups, but I hate the idea of doing it in black...  Just doesn't go with the bike.

BigBrian, did you remove the tach and riser cover as a unit and get a plain riser cover to replace the one with the 100 year anniversary logo and tach?

Naitram, did you have to get longer studs to accomodate the dragonfly and passing light backets?

It's good to see "TODAY" as last posted on the SERK group lately [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks,

Steve

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2006, 09:55:08 PM »

well I haven't set up for the road yet, but the test fit before paint was without the tach   I have a stock riser cover with no tach brkt or holes  the previous owner didn't like the looks of the tach so it was off the bike when i bought it    wierd huh   since I don't play street rod when I'm playing UltraSerk  I don't think I'll miss the tach   the only time I plan on usin the fairing is on long one week, two week rides  that's like twice a year  i wanted the extra protection of the fairing and the stereo  other than that the windshield is good  only takes about 1/2 hour to pull the headlight and install/remove the tach      no big deal

jachin72

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2006, 10:20:11 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'll be buying a plain cover and carefully store my tach and anniversary cover.

Steve

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2006, 09:33:50 AM »

RAT S#^^ >:(

I was thinking of using that tach mount.  I need to rethink my plans and maybe consider one of those combo setups, but I hate the idea of doing it in black...  Just doesn't go with the bike.

BigBrian, did you remove the tach and riser cover as a unit and get a plain riser cover to replace the one with the 100 year anniversary logo and tach?

Naitram, did you have to get longer studs to accomodate the dragonfly and passing light backets?

It's good to see "TODAY" as last posted on the SERK group lately [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks,

Steve

dont have the fairing yet but it shou fit on the existing studs, it mounts inside of the passing lamp bar

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2006, 01:45:07 PM »

[highlight]dont have the fairing yet but it shou fit on the existing studs, it mounts inside of the passing lamp bar [/highlight]

nait  just to add part number 69227-04A the fancy spotlight brkt you have to use longer bolts, the dragonfly supports are like 1/2" thick dude  I know you can make it work, but you might want get some real long studs, cut em to length  and put acorns on the end of them

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

ok, what am i missing here...... if the passing bracket that i already have sits outside of the fairing legs how are my studs not long enough?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

Ok  have you tried the fairing on your bike yet. If so, did the brkts fit inside the passing lamp brkts ? And, did you have more than one or two threads holding the whole works together ? If yes to both of those questions then you don't have a problem, if no to the first, you need to check and if no to the 2nd after you check then you need longer studs or bolts which ever you are using.

That's pretty much it. I had to go to longer bolts with the fancy passing lamp brkt. They come with it. My fairing brkts are almost a dead ringer for the factory windshield brkts. No problem IMHO had I bought a Dragonfly I would have needed longer bolts.

Bottom Line, Nait  You're there, I'm not  seeing is believing.

Adios
          Big B ;)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2006, 04:35:03 PM »

got a few more weeks until i will see it for myself, dfly is supposed to fit where the windshiled was minus the rubber grometts so i think i will be ok with the studs that i got

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »

[highlight]minus the rubber grometts [/highlight]

didn't know you remove the grommets with the DF

Hoppe gives you metal grommets, but it also works with the stock rubber ones. Only reason for that is according to Hoppe , Cops that used the Fairing had them blow off forward when parked by the side of the road writing tickets due to slip stream of traffic . I tried it with the stock rubber ones and it fit good and tight and since being parked in the breakdown lane is not my normal riding habit I may give it a try without the metal ones.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2006, 02:11:08 PM »

Elvis in jumpsuit and cape.......
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »

MOre.....
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 22 queries.