Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: road king fairing  (Read 27171 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: road king fairing
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »

i opted for a sony head unit so i cant help on the radio but i do have 2 2" gauges installed as well (dragon fly)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:27:56 PM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

jachin72

« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »

I think I remember seeing Dragonfly state what the Kenwood model number was in their FAQ section.  If not, call them and they'll answer up.  Very easy to work with.

Steve

my DF ships on the 18th whew hoo!!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »

[highlight]my DF ships on the 18th whew hoo!!!! [/highlight]
Do we have another Elvis in the making?
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

jachin72

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »

[highlight]Do we have another Elvis in the making?[/highlight]

Oh ya!  I'm trying to figure out if it's Karate Elvis or Fat Evis?  Methinks it's going to be Fat Elvis.

Steve

jachin72

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2006, 09:07:10 PM »

I'm wrestling with pulling the trigger on a set of Dakota Digital gauges.  I would be buying a HLY-2002 speedo/tach combo, an air/compass/clock, and an oil temp and pressure combo.  Big denaro and something I am really thinking hard about.  I wish HD would make the silver-face combo speedo/tach and an oil temp or pressure gauge, but they don't.  :-/  :'(

Are digital gauges too far "out of the box"?  Are there any better for an '03?  Seems all the cool digital toys are for "04 and up.  >:(  Checked around the same companies that I am considering for my '72 Ranchero upgrade, but no motorcycle stuff except for Dakota... [smiley=confused5.gif]

Anyone on here with any lessons learned that might be useful before I engage the plastic?

Thanks,

Steve

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2006, 03:07:34 PM »

i found the price of the dakota's a bit hard to get past,

jachin72

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2006, 02:18:27 AM »

Well, I pulled the trigger.  Found the Dakota Digital HLY-2002 on Ebay for $100 cheaper and the rest on Dakota's site.  Pictures to follow once I get the gauges and I get brave enough to install them.  Oh well, guess the Ranchero's digitals will have to wait.  Think I'll go Nordskog on those anyway.

Fat Elvis, yep Fat Elvis...

Steve

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

Hey Guys,
              Veggin out from TMF at AZ Bikeweek,saw the questions about what model head unit Hoppe installs in their RK fairing. Mine came with an Eclipse CD5425. It has a single disc CD changer, AM/FM with MP3 Decoder. The amp puts out 14W x 4 min to 50W x 4 max. Distortion kicks in long before you get to peak power. It sounds real good though and I am happy with it.
               Some general impressions of having a fairing on a RK after doing around 1,200 miles with it this past weekend. First, the wind knocks you around more than a windshield. Wasn't sure I liked it much coming down out of the mountains into the desert outside of Dago. Got used to it after a bit and now I like it. Just be aware at first that a gust of wind will feel like The Great Biker in the sky is tryin to rip the handlebars out of your hands. Having said, that, running a King Tour pak with a windshield you get a lot of turbulence. The fairing rids you of that as it channels the air out around the bike. So that's a real plus. I thought it cut down on my mileage quite a bit, but we were riding in heavy winds doing around 80 on the way to Tombstone, so that had a lot to do with that. Coming back, we punched it up to 85 most of the way and my mileage was actually better. All in all, I am very pleased with the Hoppe unit and glad I bought it. I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

PS
    Missed my tach something awful. I will be watching this thread for some pics of what you guys do with the guages. Has anyone other than me bought a Hoppe or do all of you guys have the Dragonfly ?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2006, 02:07:28 PM »

when budget permits i think i will run the HD spedo/tach combo in the tank panel

say001

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2006, 11:38:29 PM »

thanks for the replies. i didnt mean to limit myself to only the fairings manuf. radios. I had read threads that some units cd 's skipped. anyone have this problem? also, I ordered a lowrance iway 500c gps. the info on this unit says that it comes with a 1/8 plug that pluges into the radio and it will announce turns through the radio if radio has a place to plug it in. my friend has 05 electra glide hd stock radio and it pluged into it and worked fine. some of the radios i read about have plugs in them that will take xm radio or mp3. does anyone know if that will work? on hd radio the turn info will come in over the music and announce turns etc.thanks again  Dan :-/

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »

i have some skipping with normal audio CDs mostly when coming to a stop or cold idling. not as much with MP3 cds, still need to try ATRAC format ( sony porpritary ) file sizes are much smaller so i figure les skipping

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2006, 10:25:06 AM »

Being the electonic dunce that I am, I am not sure how, but the owner's manual on the Eclipse unit in my Hoppe says it can be set up to recieve Sirius Sattelite trnasmission  Don't care for Howard Stern and don't need a $13 bill every month, so it's moot anyway

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »

most newer head units can do either Sirius or XM or in some cases both, usually accomplished by adding a plugin module to the back

say001

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2006, 04:40:36 PM »

because i know so little about electronics i must be having a hard time formulating a question. what i am trying to ask is. can you plug the gps into a xm or mp3 jack in the back of the radio and the gps work. (in fact this gps is also a mp3 player) it only seems logical to me that plug in the radio is only seeking a source so weather it is gps or xm or mp3 it doesnt make any difference. what ever source you plug in will play through the radio. but then again engineers cant even spell logic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.