Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: And down I went...  (Read 4186 times)

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
Re: And down I went...
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »

I have been considering Jim.  Heard so many good things about him here.  Hard part for me is loading it up and transporting it.  Which I can't really do until the ribs heal.  Right now I am in a waiting game to hear from the insurance company on fault for this matter before I start spending money out of my pocket on deductibles etc. Mine will cover it but I afraid to file a claim against them even if its not my fault and they turn around and raise my rates etc.

And the frame has been mentioned twice to me now as well, which I definately will have it looked at as well.

Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »

Glad you are fixable along with the bike.  Any wreck you can walk away from is a good one( don't sound right).
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 05:18:18 PM »

I have been considering Jim.  Heard so many good things about him here.  Hard part for me is loading it up and transporting it.  Which I can't really do until the ribs heal.  Right now I am in a waiting game to hear from the insurance company on fault for this matter before I start spending money out of my pocket on deductibles etc. Mine will cover it but I afraid to file a claim against them even if its not my fault and they turn around and raise my rates etc.

And the frame has been mentioned twice to me now as well, which I definately will have it looked at as well.

Sorry to hear of your mishap! Feel better soon! But might I suggest you do yourself a favor and make arrangements for Jim to get the bike, and let him deal with the adjuster. You'll do WAAAY better in the long run if you stay out of the middle of it and just deal with Jim! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your incident, but be glad you walked away.

I hear that broken ribs only hurt when you breath, is that true?

I also have heard more than once that the crash bars are tougher than the frame and if the bars are bent near the lower mount plate (pretty hefty mount)

That there is a pretty good chance the frame is bent.

I really do not know how true this is, but it did happen to my buddy that tried to sneak up a tractors (truck) a$$.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your incident, but be glad you walked away.

I hear that broken ribs only hurt when you breath, is that true?

I also have heard more than once that the crash bars are tougher than the frame and if the bars are bent near the lower mount plate (pretty hefty mount)

That there is a pretty good chance the frame is bent.

I really do not know how true this is, but it did happen to my buddy that tried to sneak up a tractors (truck) a$$.

I don't believe the lower mount point bent.  But I will have to check when I get home on friday.

Sneaking up a trucks a$$ isn't a good thing either.
Paul

--------

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

Sorry to hear of your mishap! Feel better soon! But might I suggest you do yourself a favor and make arrangements for Jim to get the bike, and let him deal with the adjuster. You'll do WAAAY better in the long run if you stay out of the middle of it and just deal with Jim! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:

When I get a chance to speak with him I will ask him.  But not sure how willing Jim would be having to deal with traffic and all, driving what could be over 2 hours to get to me through traffic to bring my bike back to his shop.  Just be easier for me to bring it.

And I will let Jim handle the adjuster definately.  It is more of a, I am waiting to hear from insurance company who they are putting fault on this, and to hear what my lawyer tells me to do.  As I am trying to avoid filing a claim against my insurance and my rates go up.

Thanks
Paul
Paul

--------

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

I don't believe the lower mount point bent.  But I will have to check when I get home on friday.

Sneaking up a trucks a$$ isn't a good thing either.

I did not orig post that here, but the short version is,  

He drove into the last set of wheels and got lodged (trapped) in between last tractor wheel and metal fender on the Tanker.

I think hitting the crash bar on the tire might have saved his life otherwise he was heading completely under the tanker.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »

Paul- Glad your OK . That free,s up one of my two cycle parking spaces out side my office. I strong armed the city for  those two spaces out side my office. ;D  AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »

AK, ya know, and I so appreciate the fact you did that too.  Although it doesn't help that I been on this kick over here to get my fellow co-workers to get out and ride.  Seems like there all starting to buy bikes. All different makes and models.  But hey, riding is riding. :)

Paul

--------

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »

Glad you are able to tell the story.  You seem to have a good attitude and perspective about your accident..  Good luck with the insurance company and heal fast!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

Someone also asked about the pain from the ribs.

Breathing is not so bad.  In the beginning more so than now 2 weeks later.  Things that definately still causing them pain, lifting things even if they are light, coughing, laughing, sneezing(the worst).  Driving is still somewhat painful, especially right hand turns with any amount of g-force that is created.

Driving for long periods apparently cause some pain as well, as after this mornings commute into the bay, I was ready to call it a day already. Speed bumps were a killer in the beginning too. I see the doc for a follow-up tomorrow. Hopefully see what the outcome is then.

Going to have them re-xray the lungs, check my back, right hand pinky finger, and hip as well.  Better safe then sorry.

As mentioned.  Good attitude. Yeah I have had one all along.  I know from the expression and the situation that was happening that the guy who hit me did not do this intentionally.  In fact if it was the gentleman I saw at the scene, he appeared to be white as a ghost as he saw me there laying on the ground.  Obviously a sign of some sort of guilt or remorse.  I do wish I had gotten his information or got to speak with him, but I did not, it's in the police report which I don't have yet.  But through it all, I have wanted to tell him one thing, I'm ok. I can walk. My bones will heal.  And thats all that matters.  Let the insurance companies deal with the rest and I have no ill will towards him. My personal religous beliefs teach me to forgive. And that I have done from day one without a problem.

Now mind you.. if this was someone who did it intentionally.. well than.. eye for an eye of course. :)

Paul

--------

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »

Paul;

Glad you're OK! And thanks to all for the recommendations! The travel issue may work out as I am bringing another bike to Sac this week and can pick up yours on the way back. I PM'd you my number.

Jim

Elixer

• Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler [ Let The Good Times Roll ]
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CVO 105th Annv. FLHRSE4 Build 1096/1800
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 01:10:08 AM »

Regrets, sorry you encountered this and wish you a speedy and full recovery.

We're you "cited" as a result of the accident? If yes, please tell us.

Collision avoidance is all part of SEE (see, evaluate, execute) as taught us (or those of us who partake) in the MSF Rider Training courses (always the right thing to do  :2vrolijk_21: ) that not only are swerving techniques essential, but keeping a safe speed and distance between ourselves and those in front/rear of us is critical.

I hear ya - that sudden, fast stops may and will happen....I am also sure you'll avoid this situation in the future and keep a safe'r distance.

Similarly, on our ride back from the 69th Sturgis Rally last month heading south toward Denver, we witnessed three fellow riders (2 males/1female) who took it upon themselves, to skirt off to the emergency lane in their haste to ride ahead of congested and slowed traffic (due to an accident up ahead), only for us up ahead to find the front rider - scored off the road itself and down due to a passenger vehicle which did the same (as you encountered), by pulling off the traffice lane and over to the shoulder/emergency lane without looking back.

In this case, it appeared to us that like you, the front rider could not avoid it and was side-struck, rolled his scoot and himself down into the ditch while his fellow riders behind him had likewise both dropped their bikes. Luckily for them all 3 riders seemed to have received no serious injuries. (we did all stop to help them, checked that they were ok, pick up their scoots for them and wished them welll before we proceeded to get back on the road, in the traffic lane and underway).

Without a doubt, I am sure the front rider (and likely the 2 with him) receieved citations for improper lane use as a result of the accident once the police arrived.

Pic is my babe ~ get your own

Pollux

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »

The main thing is you can tell us about it

joeymaq

• Full CVO Member
  • Keep the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:02 PM »

Sorry to hear about this. glad you were not too badly hurt!   :)
2009 Ultra Classic 96c.i., Vance & Hines basic slip on's ,Dyno Jet Power commander 5, Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.