Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERG Lower Fairings  (Read 825 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
SERG Lower Fairings
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »

Has anyone else bought the lower fairings and gloveboxes for them? I bought them when I got the bike in April. Took a couple weeks for everything to come in painted. The first problem was the overspray inside, and visible, in the lowers. I base/cleared the inside to cover the overspray, looked trick so that was OK. Then when I tried to install the gloveboxes the left one fit pretty good. The right one would not line up with the holes in the fairing and could not be bolted up, Dealer ordered another one, same only worse and it was torn around the button on the frt where whoever covered it in vinyl stretched it to tight. They ordered a third one and another rt lower to see if it was incorrectly molded. It wouldn't fit either, the orig lower fairing or the new one. Now its July and still no rt lower glovebox. I have the vents for them and the eglide doors ordered but no glovebox that will work yet, ANYone else with this problem? And if so, what did the dealer do for you.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: SERG Lower Fairings
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

ya, I gottem, sort of. I bought the lowers, again, off ebay 250 for both. bought the glove box and covered them in the same grey snake as my seat. they where ok but useless, now have speaker pods in them.
But in answer to your question, none of that stuff fits great out of the box. I have several miles on the dremel to make things fit right, all part of modification. to make it eazy, line the box up to fit right and then index the holes from the fairing onto the box and then drill and install well nuts, bingo, your done. and don't even get me started on the quick detach set up.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.