Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handle Bar Vibration  (Read 1195 times)

TNT

Handle Bar Vibration
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:51:53 AM »

I have only 1200 pampered miles on my 09 SERG, the other evening i was traveling about 35mph and applied the rear brake only and noticed the handle bars vibrating, thinking the pavement was bad (which it was'nt) i applied the rear brakes only after getting up to speed, and again the handle bars are shaking slightly. When i apply both brakes together, everything is fine with no vibration. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this??? the rear tire is already starting to cup slightly. 

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Handle Bar Vibration
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »

TNT, 

From your description, it sounds like your steering head bearings are loose.  Seems to be a common issue.  These two threads may have your information:

SERG 40 - 30 mph Front End Wobble??

Front end wobble

Hope that's it. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: Handle Bar Vibration
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »

I have only 1200 pampered miles on my 09 SERG, the other evening i was traveling about 35mph and applied the rear brake only and noticed the handle bars vibrating, thinking the pavement was bad (which it was'nt) i applied the rear brakes only after getting up to speed, and again the handle bars are shaking slightly. When i apply both brakes together, everything is fine with no vibration. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this??? the rear tire is already starting to cup slightly. 

Check your Air Pressure first...Dd the same thing, I checked the air had a whopping 46 in the front tire faulty guage..   backed it down to 37..problem solved.
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.